Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALKING ROUTES GALWAY MAYO?

Options
  • 18-02-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi all, going walking this weekend with a mate. We are reasonably experienced in outdoors. I`m looking for a nice walk. Preferably a loop walk where we can drop car and get back to it. We`ve done most of 12 pins, maumturks. Any body got some routes ye have done in past??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Is it hill walking you are most interested in? If so, there is Leenane and Delphy where there are guided and unguided walks. Coillte have forest walks in Clonbur if you are interested, they start and finish at the one location. I think they are on a Coillte walks website with route maps. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Might help you, alternatively I have a brochure here with the loop trails in Letterkeen, just a few k's from Newport Mayo. Walked one a couple days ago, very enjoyable and easy going.

http://www.aaireland.ie/routes_beta/

If you want the brochure I can scan it for you and email it to you tomorrow morn also, drop me a pm if you want it (not sure if the Letterkeen walks are on the website above yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

ended up going out towards finney. stopped just off lough nafooey and climbed ben beag then across to bunnacunneen. Great walk, steep climbs at start but well worth it as ground is lovely for walking on top.definitely be going back around that area, so many places to climb..

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

between maam cross & maam- loads of people do mountain/hill walks there- you see loads of cars pulled in at the side of road

Advertisement