Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft 2 Beta !

Options
  • 18-02-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get it ??...omg I so want it bad !! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I don't have another Blizzard game to add to Battlenet so I couldn't even opt in for it, laaame.
    This guy on Youtube has some videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/PerfectionistEmblem

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

think i signed up for this about 6 months ago but still no word, i'd say the list is massive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MrParanoid

I got it, and I don't even like starcraft! Played like 5minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

been watching people play through live streams, looks sweeeeeeeeeet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

MrParanoid wrote: »
    I got it, and I don't even like starcraft! Played like 5minutes!

If you don't want it, by all means, send it my way :)

• Advertisement

If any WoW players want to give away a key, yo right here! :)

Another Youtube guy with SC2 videos (and commentary)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

give a key to funky if you are going to give it to anyone

hes going pr0 :)

Jazzy wrote: »
    give a key to funky if you are going to give it to anyone

hes going pr0 :)

listen to these wise words! man i'm dieing to play, must have watched like 30 games today 8(

I watched 31! (maybe) GIMME!

Are there any other video sites or games I can watch?
    Have the progamers started on it yet? (not some crappy cam ones, can't see much on those ones)

there's a few games up on youtube but i've mostly been watching the streams on starcraftmethod, they're not the worst quality and there's a couple of good players. the JessicaJung and Lumi streams are pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I have a key from Blizzcon 2008 that im trying to sell at the moment....id be half tempted to keep it but I need the cash more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

CombatCow wrote: »
    I have a key from Blizzcon 2008 that im trying to sell at the moment....id be half tempted to keep it but I need the cash more :P

what a whore ! selling a beta key ? thats a bit low tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Really, why ? I paid for the Blizzcon goodybag, and don't have a pc capable of running SC2 anymore.....

Lots of people have been selling them on eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Really, why ? I paid for the Blizzcon goodybag, and don't have a pc capable of running SC2 anymore.....

Lots of people have been selling them on eBay

fair play to ya tbh nice money for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Very select beta to get into... wonder what the selection process actually is or is it just random.
    Lots of fun watching the "pirates" wait/spam to get a working online/lan version of the beta (currently they can watch replays, view full menus and listen to music...). Blizzard obv prepared for this though through some steps that they took which is good thing for game of this magnitude.

I would trade a free HL2 copy on Steam for an invite, I wonder can we invade the WoW forum and troll for them? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

these things are selling for 200 - 300 euros online..

yep, thanks blizzard for random selection 8(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I got one, have played about 10 games. Repeatedly get owned, but never played the first one. It's really polished and loving it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

God I'd love an invite to this too. Been waiting so long for it. I signed up to the beta with a trial WOW account which never played :)

• Advertisement

a kind person hooked me up with an invite and i got in a good like 25 or so 1v1's yesterday, really awesome stuff. this game is gonna be some beast on release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just got a friends and family invite here... Have never actually played the original, but looking forward to getting stuck into this!:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i hate EVERYONE who's on the beta. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played a game last night and actually won! My friends who are far better than me all go beaten so I was the first that won :) Overall it's basically the original with new units and I've no complaints about that. Needs some serious balancing though, Air are way too dominant.

if anyone fancies some custom 1v1s or 2v2s or something gimi a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Played a game last night and actually won! My friends who are far better than me all go beaten so I was the first that won :) Overall it's basically the original with new units and I've no complaints about that. Needs some serious balancing though, Air are way too dominant.

I've only played one game so far and amazingly won that! (think that's the first time that I've EVER won an RTS match online:p)
    Very enjoyable so far, I'll definitely be picking it up for the singleplayer campaigns anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 conorthehippy

StarCraft.jpg
    I Love Starcraft,,

Though lacking any form of decent computer i am forced to look at images of Starcraft 2 & pretend im playing it!
    ..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Have they given any indication about final release dates?

gimme betakey. funky is getting too far ahead. for the good of HEGA and set the balance right i need a key.... and there cant be a higher calling then that can there?

• Advertisement

i have seen the top of the mountain. and it is good

Advertisement