Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie Jellies???

Options
  • 18-02-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Hey out there,

I'm looking for somewhere in Dublin where I can buy Vegetarian friendly haribo/jelly style sweets?

It's my little sisters 14th birthday soon and shes having a big sleepover with all of her friends, I don't want her feeling left out when they're stuffing their faces with geletine.:p I got her the Haribo Dragibus sweets when I was in France and she loved them so something along those lined would be perfect.

Thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i'm not sure where you can find veggie Haribos in Dublin, but you can buy some jellys in Nourish on Wicklow St. in Dublin City Centre. Cola bottles and bears, not fizzy but jellys. The bears are also available in Holland and Barrett. Also, in 2 euro stores etc. you can get those fruit shaped jellys which contain pectin instead of gelatin. If you have time you can get some veggie Haribos online: here. But that could take about two weeks after you submit the order, as you have to wait to an estimated shipping price for Ireland, and the cost can add up.

Let us know if you find what you are looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I have just sent off an email to Haribo themselves, looking for information on where i can source non-gelatin Haribo products in Dublin...hopefully i get that reply:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

N1 master :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

OP, how about Jelly Tots? They're vegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Hi,

I did find the one veggie Haribo in Superquinn last Autumn but haven't seen them back there since. But that was in Superquinn Express, in Ranelagh so you may have better luck in a large/proper SQ, if you live near one.

If she has no problem with Shellac or Beeswax, I have to recommend Aldi's Dominion sweeties. Teh sex of jellies, imho. Made with pectin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Thanks a mil for all your replies guys, hopefully I'll have some luck getting them now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Towelie_6971

aldi do some sugary sweets called strawberry lances and strawberry laces, they are pretty good.... and cheap :) the euro2 shop also do some that are in a round plastic container.... all pretty good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've still not gotten an email from Haribo about these...bleurgh:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Towelie_6971

i wouldn't be waiting on that e mail...:) they'll prob never get back to u...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Dunnes had a display of haribo jellies on special offer yesterday (Cornelscourt) but as I don't eat them I didn't bother looking in detail at them to see whether or not they're vegan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement