Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Sichuan Sandyford - Closed Down?

Options
  • 18-02-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this restaurant is still open?

I've been trying to ring all day, with no response. Very odd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sulind1

If its not, it should be......not a patch on the original one on Kilmacud Road

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Chineese new year holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Yeah it's officially closed down, business section front page of Friday's IT has the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

The decision to move to Sandyford was a disasterous one, shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

It really was an awful decision to move up there. They had such a thriving cosy business in Kilmacud. I suppose they thought that there would be an extra 20,000 people up there, but the empty shells don't go to Chinese restaurants too often!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Gong (Restaurant/Take Away) in Stillorgan, which was set up by the head waiter Tim and some of the chefs after the decision to move to Sandford, is still open and has apparently never been busier.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

1968 wrote: »
    Gong (Restaurant/Take Away) in Stillorgan, which was set up by the head waiter Tim and some of the chefs after the decision to move to Sandford, is still open and has apparently never been busier.

I got a takeaway from Gong's one night and it was the worst takeaway I ever got. Sweet and Sour Chicken was €9.50, so I thought I'd get a proper meal, got it delivered and it was a tray of rice, a bag of about 6 chicken balls and a tub of Sweet and Sour sauce :( No chance to get any of my 5-a-day!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Gingy wrote: »
    I got a takeaway from Gong's one night and it was the worst takeaway I ever got. Sweet and Sour Chicken was €9.50, so I thought I'd get a proper meal, got it delivered and it was a tray of rice, a bag of about 6 chicken balls and a tub of Sweet and Sour sauce :( No chance to get any of my 5-a-day!

Sorry to hear that.

I've gotten Gong numerous times and always have been happy with the food.

(I've also tried most of the chinese take aways in South Dublin!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Gingy wrote: »

The key might be to order something Chinese.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'm certain I read that the Stillorgan/Kilmacud restaurant was run by old man Sichuan (;)) who retired and the son took over the name but moved it to Sandyford. Tom Doorley wrote extremely highly of the original and the new place, but he too complained about the awkwardness of the location in Sandyford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I personally like Treasures in Stillorgan. It's just a takeaway only, on the hill there just beside Bolands.

I was in that Sichaun place once when they were beside the Millhouse pub. I can't remember what the food was like to be honest. Although I think my dinner got ruined by my boss telling me he got a CV in for a job in our team and it was from a guy who we used to work with but who we couldn't stand. I don't think I've ever lost my appetite so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I personally like Treasures in Stillorgan. It's just a takeaway only, on the hill there just beside Bolands.

Fu Moon besides TGI Friday's in Blackrock is a far better. Treasures used to be a house fav but all 4 of us go to Fu Moon now. It's just better!

Advertisement