Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Sichuan Sandyford - Closed Down?

Options
  • 18-02-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this restaurant is still open?

I've been trying to ring all day, with no response. Very odd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SourKraut

apparently so, was trying to call them as well and someone told me they read it in the paper that it's closed down

shame, they were going for 20 years in stillorgan, the move to sandyford just didn't work for them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I think I read that Stillorgan was the father's restaurant who retired and the son started one up in Sandyford, shame as the Stillorgan restaurant was my favourite Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Yeah, front page of the business section of the IT today, with photo and everything. Gone, after 25 years. What a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Yikes wasnt a great place for a restaurant tbh, hidden away in Sandyford Ind Estate

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Sandyford Business Park kiss of death continues.
    Aya
    South
    China Sichuan

Who would try and make a good restaurant work in an industrial estate a business park? Know your market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Who would try and make a good restaurant work in an industrial estate a business park? Know your market.

In fairness, the Beacon South development looked set to be a massive urban residental area, but the end of the boom has left it looking like an ugly, urban wasteland with unfinished apartment and office blocks.
    All of these were supposed to be packed with young professionals, and I'm sure the owners of such resturants were hoping to thrive based on this new market... and on keeping their old clientele.
    Yet another legacy of the property bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TBH though, it was a moderately expensive restaurant - whereas there are a lot of traditional, cheaper restaurants on Parnell/Capel St these days.

People are a lot more price sensitive these days as well.

Advertisement