Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED GU10's from Hong Kong??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

from what i hear 60 leds in one lamp is too much, once you go above the 40 leds per lamp they tend to fail faster, so you will have dark spots in the lamp.

To be honest I'd stay away from the multi LED lamps, I've tested them and found them to be poor over all. Regardless of what has is reported on some sites they are not a subsitiute for halogen or even CFL lamps. Some guys have convinced themsevles they are better because they are saving them money, but they end up with a reading lamp in the room, not that that's a bad thing, some people just can't see past the running cost saving.

The cree LED units are far better, but they are not cheap and they use more power. Philips have a range, but you could look for units with 3 or 5 cree LEDs in them, some call them jumbo or power LEDs. They give a better spread and punch of light in my opinion. Those multi LEDs lamps have not cought on for a reason, they are around not for years. They have some great applications, night lights in nursing homes or anyway where you need a little light all the time, kids rooms etc but not as a one for one replacement of 50W halogen fittings.

Look at the lamps the lads are talking about here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055826623

they are running at over 20 euro each, and that's a good price and it's what you will have to pay for a decent lamp. As mentioned before Philips have a range that most wholesalers carry

Once again just my 2C

Advertisement