Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 being witheld/severance agreement

Options
  • 18-02-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

P45 being witheld/severance agreement
    hi all
    im looking for a little advice/employment rights knowhow.
    my employer is refusing to give my p45 until i sign a severance agreement but there is no way im signing it . its a ridicules document in which they offer me nothing, well 3 points to be accurate.
    1. they will keep the contents of the agreement confidential
    2. they will pay any wages outstanding.
    3. they promise not to "disparage the former employee"

in return i give them quite a lot, 12 points... one of which is that im forbidden to work with any "rivals" for a period of 6 months, this would make me unemployable.
    what a joke.. i only mention this to give you a laugh though the reasons im not signing arent important.

so does anyone where i stand on geting my p45 even though i have refused to sign the severance agreement?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Olduvai

If they are with-holding a P45 you contact Revenue. You will need it to claim any benefits. Also, NERA may be able to advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hoggy1012

UPDATE **
    ok contacted revenue/nera. initialy both said it was better to talk to the other but after a second call to revenue they called the employer and my p45 is on its way..
    so thanks all

Advertisement