Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Light

Options
  • 18-02-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Anyone know how to change the main light in the toilet? Im in the park and have been trying for over an hour to remove the white globe shade in the ceiling of the toilet. Damn thing wont budge. There was a bulb in it when i moved in so never had any need to touch it. Knowing the builders its probably stuck with paint or something.

Can someone tell me if the globe fitting is attached to the white fitting which is attached to the ceiling or are they separate fittings?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Normally the Globe unscrews from the White fitting thats attached to the ceiling. Because there is a rubber seal between the globe and plastic fitting it is almost impossible to screw the globe loose as it has heated and created a bond over the years. Try and hold the ceiling fitting and get someone else to turn the globe anticlockwise as you look up. 2 hands holding the fitting and 2 hands turning globe will eventually get it off. when putting globe back do not tighten it more than a slight handtighten

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Decks79

Cheers! No luck if i turn it any harder i feel the glob will break in my hands. its a ridiculous fitting if you ask me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

A last try. Try giving it a clockwise turn to break the seal then turn it anticlockwise twisting and pushing up at same time.

Cheers Pixbyjohn. Tried but no go in it. Think i might have to smash it off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

get some silicon spray and spray it all around the seal, then let it settke for a while and try again

• Advertisement

Cheers matt, where can i get that? would brady's in greystones have it?

yeah they should do, or any motor factors or possibly any esso garage in the car section.

cheers mate.

did it work?

Actually used some WD-40 in the end. Worked a treat. Cheers again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement