Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spartan Promotions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

There will be a limited number of tickets available at the door.
    I always keep them from the general sales cos people always turn up on the day without and i dont want to exceed the fire safety limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

There will be a limited number of tickets available at the door.
    I always keep them from the general sales cos people always turn up on the day without and i dont want to exceed the fire safety limits.

Hi Martin,

Would it be possible to reserve some tickets beforehand? Its a long drive from Dublin to be told that there's no tickets left at the door when we arrive....

golfman wrote: »
    Hi Martin,

Would it be possible to reserve some tickets beforehand? Its a long drive from Dublin to be told that there's no tickets left at the door when we arrive....

PM me your Name and how many and ill stick them in an envelope at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Some really excellent fights here for MMA fans - tryin to pick potential title fight of the night and I cant make up my mind:confused: Brady and Domz will no doubt be excellent Brady excellent hands but Domz has been arising star for Irish MMA and focusing hard!!

Kearney and Shane T - last time I seen Shane in action I was extremely impressed by his performance and felt his all round game reached a new level. Ive always enjoyed Kevs fight, great worker and warrior with massive ability:)

But for me the one I think will possibly be fight of nite is Tim and Chris:) I have a nigling feelin this is gonna hav sparks!!!! Been a while from fans favourite Tim graced us but has huge experience and true warrior! Chris last outtin I believe was Strabane were he had great win! Two hard workers which I am sure goin to put on great performance for fans;)

The rest of the card looks excellent and best of luck to all fighters and Spartans on a nite that has potential to make it one of Irelands best nites of MMA:cool:

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Yeah the full Pro thing was a nice thought but very hard to pull off.

Plus I think Marty may have been left with a hole in his finances had it come to fruition

Still a crackin card to be very proud of and a show I really look forward too

Things are coming together now for the show this weekend.
    Doors are opening at 6pm and first fight will be 7pm. Its a big card so i want things to run quickly and there will be no breaks. Tickets are more or less sold out but a limited number will be available at the door. Here is the full address of the hotel for sat nav:)

Leighinmohr Avenue, Ballymena, Co. Antrim, BT42 2AN

There is a big number of people coming from Dublin so please dint get lost guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adoug

Hi martin coming up from dublin aswell i need two tickets as shane T sold out of his any chance i can reserve two?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Gutted I'm going to miss this - war folks!

Due to medical reasons Kevin Carney has had to pull out of his fight with Shane Thomas this weekend.
    I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Shane Thomas and his band of Kokoro fans that were coming to watch this fight.
    Carney vs Thomas will be moved to the next installment of Spartan Promotions later in the year.

Marty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Unless you injured Kevin Carney then no need to be sorry. :D Gutted that fight is off. Was dying to see Shane fight but injuries happen. Get well soon Kevin and one day we may get to see that fight. I'll still be travelling from Dublin to watch the event. Looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

was really looking forward to that one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Due to medical reasons Kevin Carney has had to pull out of his fight with Shane Thomas this weekend.
    I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Shane Thomas and his band of Kokoro fans that were coming to watch this fight.
    Carney vs Thomas will be moved to the next installment of Spartan Promotions later in the year.

Marty

Thanks for that Martin. As it happens I was going to be travelling up on my own so as Shane is not fighting I'll give this event a miss. Thanks for accomodating me and I will be up for the next one.

This is the final Card for tomorrow night.
    Running from top to bottom.

Spartan 5: Resurrection Fight card

KICKBOXING BOUTS:
    1, Paul Higgins (Red Dragon) vs Micheal Bradley (Freestyle Warriors) -40kgs Light Contact
    2, Andrew Higgins (Red Dragon) vs Conor McErlain (Freestyle Warriors) -60kgs Light Contact
    3, Nial Smith (Red Dragon) vs Garry Roberts (Steelheel Kickboxing) -80kgs Exhibition Bout

FULL CONTACT KICKBOXING:
    4, Vacant "Night or the Warriors" -72kgs Title
    Mark Oliver (Red Dragon) vs Nial Boyed (Steelhell Kickboxing)
    5, Stephen Gannon (Red Dragon) vs Jonny Carr (Stewart Kirk Kickboxing) -65kgs
    6, Micheal Putlack (Red Dragon) vs Johnny McCauly (Phoenix Fight Club) -63kgs

AMATEUR D-CLASS MMA:
    7, Deon Smith (Red Dragon) vs Jamie Wright (Wing Chun Belfast) -70kgs
    8, Colum Louge (Red Dragon) vs Jonny Glover (Steelheel MMA) -65kgs
    9, Stephen Williamson (Red Dragon) vs Warren Mitchal (Wing Chun Belfast) -72kgs
    10, Mark Leitch (Red Dragon) vs Frazor Orr (Steelhell MMA) -120kgs

AMATEUR C-CLASS MMA:
    11, Ronnie Brennan (SFT) vs Stewart Ferry (HMA) -58kgs
    12, Conor Cooke (Red Dragon) vs Stephen Kingsbury (EFR) -84kgs
    13, Maciel Kaczorowski (SI) vs Prezmek Mucha (IP) -77kgs

PRO MMA:
    14, Anthony McGrath (PHK) vs Neil McGuigan (EFR) -62kgs
    15, Micheal Ried (GBNI) vs Barry Oglesby (IP) -77kgs
    16, Darren Hughes (SI) vs Tommy Maguire (SBG) -70kgs

PRO MMA TITLE FIGHTS:
    17, Vacant Middle Weight Irish Title
    Tim McCrory (KYOUJIN) vs Chris Fields (SBG) -84kgs