Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AndyC555

Getting very frustrated with this app now. One day it works, next it doesn't.

IO exceptions,
    invalid response received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)
    freezing on Please Wait Sending Message

Have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times Samsung GS2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

AndyC555 wrote: »
    Getting very frustrated with this app now. One day it works, next it doesn't.

IO exceptions,
    invalid response received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)
    freezing on Please Wait Sending Message

Have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times Samsung GS2

Two questions for you:

1. Are you on Vodafone?
    2. Do you have the "Sending method" option set to Via server or direct connection?

I just tried to log in to the vodafone website now and I got this error:

We're sorry, but we're unable to complete your request.

Sorry, logon services are currently unavailable (SRV-WL-57)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

I am using Cabbage and find it great. I am using it on HTC Desire. My question is every time I send a text it also goes in to my regular text message feed. Can I stop this. I dont want the texts to appear here.

anamcarame wrote: »
    I am using Cabbage and find it great. I am using it on HTC Desire. My question is every time I send a text it also goes in to my regular text message feed. Can I stop this. I dont want the texts to appear here.

Currently there's no way to prevent messages going into your regular message feed. A lot of people say that's their favourite feature :D

Can I ask why you don't want the messages to go into your regular message feed? Messages get erased from Cabbage after a month by default so if they're not put in the regular message feed you'll have no record of them....

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I just tried to log in to the vodafone website now and I got this error:

We're sorry, but we're unable to complete your request.

Sorry, logon services are currently unavailable (SRV-WL-57)

There was also a problem with the O2 server side script but it should be working now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

I'd just like to add, Cabbage is a great App, thanks due to Sam :)

Especially handy, if you are abroad and access to Wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

the reason I hate the messages going inot my normal feed is because from tim to time when my kids have no credit I let them use my cabbabe app, then I end up with lots of junk messages to their mates. It just bugs me from time to time seeing the utter nonsense they text lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭kilsmum

I recently moved to Android and had been using cabbage on my N8 - a lot of times I had to refer back to what I had originally sent on cabbage when I got replies to my texts.

I for one think having the cabbage texts in my ordinary text feed is the best feature of all in the android cabbage.:D:D:D

Thanks Sam,

Kilsmum

anamcarame wrote: »
    the reason I hate the messages going inot my normal feed is because from tim to time when my kids have no credit I let them use my cabbabe app, then I end up with lots of junk messages to their mates. It just bugs me from time to time seeing the utter nonsense they text lol!

I've just released a new version of Cabbage Ultimate that includes an option to disable saving messages in the default app and Cabbage Lite will have the option in the next few days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Cheers for adding that permanently delete from default app option Sam, great app gets better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Tried to change the notification tone from default to one of the other system tones. When I select another one of them the phone only vibrates, I don't receive any notification message or sound. When I reset to default again it works fine. Any ideas?

jgbyr wrote: »
    Tried to change the notification tone from default to one of the other system tones. When I select another one of them the phone only vibrates, I don't receive any notification message or sound. When I reset to default again it works fine. Any ideas?
    Oops. There's another update up now that should fix that problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Oops. There's another update up now that should fix that problem

Have updated & working now. Thanks.

Two questions for you:

1. Are you on Vodafone?
    2. Do you have the "Sending method" option set to Via server or direct connection?

Thanks for reply Sam

1. I'm with O2
    2. Via Server

Thanks for reply Sam

1. I'm with O2
    2. Via Server
    Can you try to go to both of these links in your phone's browser and tell me what you get:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php
    http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php

OK I go to both links and each one is a white screen with just -30 on it.

Getting error now

IO exception. Do you have coverage and is data enabled?

I have full network signal and HSDPA+

Getting error now

IO exception. Do you have coverage and is data enabled?

I have full network signal and HSDPA+

And can you still go to both of those links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I like the new version. But even though it now always seems to pick up the correct name from contacts in a conversation, it still frequently picks up the wrong picture. It's not the Facebook issue mentioned as a tip when you install. Seems that it frequently uses the picture of the first contact from the contact list. I can see no pattern regarding the issue. If anything, it seems to behave imperfectly when the picture was taken by the phone and added manually. Facebook and other sourced pictures work fine.

I know it's a small thing but it does irritate me for some reason.

HTC Desire S with 2.3 Android.

Thanks

• Advertisement

And can you still go to both of those links?

Yes can go to both links on my phone.

Yes can go to both links on my phone.

The next time this happens, as soon as you get the error I'd like you to do two things for me:

1. Try to go to both of those links. If you can, make sure that you're still getting the IO Exception afterwards

2. Try to schedule a message to yourself and see if you get an IO Exception or if it goes through

Thanks. That will help me track down if it's a problem with connecting to my website, if it's a problem with how long the sending script takes to return or if it's a general internet connectivity problem on your phone.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I like the new version. But even though it now always seems to pick up the correct name from contacts in a conversation, it still frequently picks up the wrong picture. It's not the Facebook issue mentioned as a tip when you install. Seems that it frequently uses the picture of the first contact from the contact list. I can see no pattern regarding the issue. If anything, it seems to behave imperfectly when the picture was taken by the phone and added manually. Facebook and other sourced pictures work fine.

Thanks

When you say the first contact from the list, do you mean the first contact in your phone or the first one that matched the characters you typed in when looking for the contact?

Thanks Sam. Appreciate your efforts with the App.

Thanks

When you say the first contact from the list, do you mean the first contact in your phone or the first one that matched the characters you typed in when looking for the contact?

The first contact in the list which has a photo associated with it.

I've had this issue since the start on this phone.

Thanks

The first contact in the list which has a photo associated with it.

I've had this issue since the start on this phone.

Thanks

I want to be clear on what you mean. Tell me if this is accurate:

Sometimes, but not always, whether a contact has a photo associated with it or not, it appears with the photo of your first contact who has a photo (not the very first contact). Is that correct?

There's one thing I'd like you to try to track down the issue. The next time a contact appears with the wrong photo, press "Compose new message" then in the number text box type clearcache (all lower case) and press the Clear button.

A message should pop up saying "Contact cache cleared". Go back to the inbox and all of your contacts will refresh. When they do, tell me if it still has the wrong photo.

Thanks

The next time this happens, as soon as you get the error I'd like you to do two things for me:

1. Try to go to both of those links. If you can, make sure that you're still getting the IO Exception afterwards

2. Try to schedule a message to yourself and see if you get an IO Exception or if it goes through

Thanks. That will help me track down if it's a problem with connecting to my website, if it's a problem with how long the sending script takes to return or if it's a general internet connectivity problem on your phone.

Ok I got another IO Exception. Went to the website and they don't work. Phone shows O2 network signal and 3G signal are on.

Ok I got another IO Exception. Went to the website and they don't work. Phone shows O2 network signal and 3G signal are on.

Right that's good to know. So you're totally losing connectivity to the websites. Did neither website work?

If/when it happens again could you check some other websites too to see if your entire internet has stopped working? Just google or whatever. I wouldn't put too much stock in having full 3G coverage, there can be loads of problems with internet connectivity that are unrelated to coverage.

And there's a third Cabbage server I'd like you to try the next time it happens: http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php

And one final thing, when it happens again could you open Cabbage and press menu->Settings->Connection method and change it from 1 to 2 and see if it makes a difference

Thanks

Hi Sam

Thanks for the quick response.
    I want to be clear on what you mean. Tell me if this is accurate:

Sometimes, but not always, whether a contact has a photo associated with it or not, it appears with the photo of your first contact who has a photo (not the very first contact). Is that correct?

Yes, that is exactly correct

There's one thing I'd like you to try to track down the issue. The next time a contact appears with the wrong photo, press "Compose new message" then in the number text box type clearcache (all lower case) and press the Clear button.

A message should pop up saying "Contact cache cleared". Go back to the inbox and all of your contacts will refresh. When they do, tell me if it still has the wrong photo.

Thanks

I did this and confirmed that the message "Contact cache cleared" appeared. This did not correct the issue. Some contacts still have the wrong photo.

Much appreciated

• Advertisement

Hi Sam

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, that is exactly correct

I did this and confirmed that the message "Contact cache cleared" appeared. This did not correct the issue. Some contacts still have the wrong photo.

Much appreciated

Did it look exactly the same? As in did all of the same contacts have all of the same wrong photo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Catalyst

Just a heads up that mBLOGie are giving away 10 copies of Cabbage Ultimate. Post will be up on Wednesday, just leave a comment under post to enter, draw 1 Week later :)

www.mBLOGie.com

Did it look exactly the same? As in did all of the same contacts have all of the same wrong photo?

Yes, exactly the same. No change.

Thanks

Right that's good to know. So you're totally losing connectivity to the websites. Did neither website work?

If/when it happens again could you check some other websites too to see if your entire internet has stopped working? Just google or whatever. I wouldn't put too much stock in having full 3G coverage, there can be loads of problems with internet connectivity that are unrelated to coverage.

And there's a third Cabbage server I'd like you to try the next time it happens: http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php

And one final thing, when it happens again could you open Cabbage and press menu->Settings->Connection method and change it from 1 to 2 and see if it makes a difference

Thanks

Yes neither website worked. I'll try changing from 1 to 2 and that other website next time I get IO Exception.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dubg

Is there a problem logging into o2? I can't send a text via ultimate. I logged out. And really installed but now I can't verify or log into my o2 account. Thanks

dubg wrote: »
    Is there a problem logging into o2? I can't send a text via ultimate. I logged out. And really installed but now I can't verify or log into my o2 account. Thanks

My website appears to be down. If you press menu->settings->Sending method and change it to "direct method" for the moment it should work.

You should be aware though that the direct method uses more data than sending via the server

• Advertisement

Seems to be working again now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

Stopped working again.

"Invalid Response Received (Tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)."

App is completely non-functional. Trying both script URLs too.

Direct doesn't work, says I have an invalid log in.

O2 are doing...something to their website. I don't know exactly what but I think it's what my mother would call "acting the maggot". I don't even think there's any point in me trying to troubleshoot it at the moment because they change something, I update it to handle the new method and then they change it again.

I'm afraid we'll all just have to hang on until they stop messing with the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I might be due to the phishing sms that when around on O2 the other day.

BostonB wrote: »
    I might be due to the phishing sms that when around on O2 the other day.

Do you know what the sms was about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres seems to a bunch of issues. Seems to me its the result of sending out loads of ads via sms then when theres a phishing one, most people think its from O2 aswell.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/My-Account-Queries/Hoax-sms/m-p/344834#M18285
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/O2-ie/my-o2-hacked/td-p/351950
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/General-Handset-Questions/phishing/m-p/321422/highlight/true#M7402

Another issue with international ones.
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/O2-ie/International-and-UK-Webtexts/td-p/347846
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/O2-ie/International-Webtext-Delivery-Problem/td-p/204344

If they get the password the phisher gets all the contacts in the webtext contacts lists, and also you can be charged for webtexts outside of your plan. So they can sms away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gerzee16

scudzilla wrote: »
    Have been using Cabbage fine for some time on Meteor but now getting this message...

Info: Invalid response received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)

Any ideas?

Hi I am an android 2.2 user on a HTC and I've been getting this error all day (7th October)... is this a common error and does anyone know the fix? or an alternate back-up to Cabbage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

It's to do with o2, I guess you are with them. Look above your post.

Could some people try it now with the sending method set to via server please?

It's working for my account again but I'm not sure if it'll work for other accounts and even if it does I'm not sure how long it will work for......

Could some people try it now with the sending method set to via server please?

It's working for my account again but I'm not sure if it'll work for other accounts and even if it does I'm not sure how long it will work for......

Working for me now Sam

dubg wrote: »
    Working for me now Sam

Excellent, thank you.

It's looking good for the moment. People should set the sending method to "Via server" for now. I'm not going to release a new version of the client just yet until it looks like O2 aren't going to change things again

Thanks Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

It's looking good for the moment. People should set the sending method to "Via server" for now. I'm not going to release a new version of the client just yet until it looks like O2 aren't going to change things again
    Thanks Sam, working for me again this morning, found this thread yesterday. great app btw!

Hi all, I'm looking for some mirrors to house the server side scripts. I have enough right now but it's always good to have some backups in case a server goes down or gets blocked.

If anyone has hosting that supports PHP and would be willing to put the scripts on their server PM me please. The ideal would be if I could get a sub domain on the hosting or get access to it because then I can update the scripts as necessary but alternatively I can give you the scripts and instructions for how to set them up

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement