Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    O2 are doing...something to their website. I don't know exactly what but I think it's what my mother would call "acting the maggot". I don't even think there's any point in me trying to troubleshoot it at the moment because they change something, I update it to handle the new method and then they change it again.

I'm afraid we'll all just have to hang on until they stop messing with the website

Pissed off now, had to spend a few euro texting the normal way over the last few days, at O2's stupidly high rates(via server doesn't work for me either, under any circumstances, even Wifi)... wonder if they're just dicking around with the website to stop people availing of free texts... would consider changing but my Dad's with O2 and gets free calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Same here, doesn't work using either connection method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Apogee

Neither 'via server' nor 'direct connection' working with O2 on cabbage ultimate either here unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

Installed a new ROM(2.3.4) still not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hi, O2 have been messing with their website again. I'm abroad at the moment so I'm not going to get a chance to look at this until tomorrow at the earliest. Sorry about that, I'll get to it as soon as I can

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sandeep_voore

Hi Ryderster,

After installing Cabbage lite from market, and trying to save my details,

It gives me an error stating "Invalid response received (tried to aprse a page and couldn't find expected text)".

I've just released an update to both Lite and Ultimate that should hopefully fix the problem for the moment at least. For the foreseeable future any messages sent through O2 accounts will use the 'direct connection' sending method regardless of the chosen sending method setting. The direct connection method uses more data because rather than just making a single http request to my server the app does all of the communication to the O2 website

I've had to do it because it appears that O2 have blocked my server from accessing theirs. I would put the scripts on another server and redirect the requests through it but they blocked two other servers last week and blocked this one the other day so I'd very quickly run out of servers.

Hopefully this one will last a while anyway :)

Let me know if it doesn't work. Although judging from the mountains of emails and forum posts I got (both here and on my own website) you lot aren't shy about letting me know when it's stopped working :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Whats the chance of the operators, like O2, helping you resolve such issues.

BostonB wrote: »
    Whats the chance of the operators, like O2, helping you resolve such issues.

This wasn't so much a technical issue that they could or would help me with so much as it was them deliberately blocking my website from contacting theirs.

So I'd say the chances are slim :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ah. Pity.

They really are technology caveman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Works now Sam, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

445279.ie wrote: »
    Works now Sam, thanks
    Still no joy for me

duploelabs wrote: »
    Still no joy for me

What error are you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I've just released an update to both Lite and Ultimate that should hopefully fix the problem for the moment at least.
    Yeah I'm on the Ultimate version,
    i did an update through the Android Market this morning,
    the app works perfectly now for me, I'm on O2 by the way.
    thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its working for me again, but unreal slow. Takes at least a minute for a message to send.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Its working for me again, but unreal slow. Takes at least a minute for a message to send.

Is it always slow, and equally slow over both mobile network and wifi?

It will be slower because where previously my server was doing most of the work the app is now doing all the interaction with the O2 website directly but it shouldn't be that slow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What error are you getting?
    actually working now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It will be slower because where previously my server was doing most of the work the app is now doing all the interaction with the O2 website directly but it shouldn't be that slow....

It actually took 8 minutes for a message to send last night. Then after that, the next one I tried to send I got an error of "login failure"/"login request failed" (can't rememnber which).

It is slow using both 3g and wifi. I think slightly slower on wifi now that i think of it.

Cheers.

gimmick wrote: »

It actually took 8 minutes for a message to send last night. Then after that, the next one I tried to send I got an error of "login failure"/"login request failed" (can't rememnber which).

It is slow using both 3g and wifi. I think slightly slower on wifi now that i think of it.

Cheers.
    I just sent 4 messages to myself and they all sent in about 15 seconds. I haven't noticed it being extremely slow at all but then I'm not normally using an o2 login

The fact that it sends quickly on my phone suggests to me that the problem isn't related to the app and is down either to the o2 website being intermittently slow, as it tends to be, or something to do with your phone. I would suggest you change around your APNs but you said it was just as slow on wifi so I don't think it's a mobile connectivity problem.

The important question I think is: is it always just as slow? If it's only sometimes slow I'd say it's just the website being slow and there's nothing that can be done but if it's all the time I'd suggest trying a factory reset on the phone or at least uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Other than that I think I'd have to physically have your phone for a while to do some testing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

using the latest cabbage on htc sensation. i had inbox turned off yet the widget was still updating with unread msgs. i turned inbox back on but there was no msgs. the widget did not clear until i sent myself another text and went into the msg in cabbage.

i then tried it again. turned on inbox, sent myself msg. then i deleted the thread and now the widget still says 1 unread.

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    using the latest cabbage on htc sensation. i had inbox turned off yet the widget was still updating with unread msgs. i turned inbox back on but there was no msgs. the widget did not clear until i sent myself another text and went into the msg in cabbage.

i then tried it again. turned on inbox, sent myself msg. then i deleted the thread and now the widget still says 1 unread.

Are you on the latest version? The widget is supposed to be updated with the current number of unread messages when you delete a thread but I only added it recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 itchybowwow

Downloaded cabbage yesterday and it worked great using meteor free texts, but I'm up the north today and all I am getting is io exception errors, is it because I am using a UK ip address?

Downloaded cabbage yesterday and it worked great using meteor free texts, but I'm up the north today and all I am getting is io exception errors, is it because I am using a UK ip address?

An io exception generally means that the app is failing to connect to the internet. It wouldn't be due to a uk ip address though. Could other apps access the internet at the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'd love to give this a try, but AndroidMarket seems to have issues with my tablet. I use it a lot on the laptop already.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I'd love to give this a try, but AndroidMarket seems to have issues with my tablet. I use it a lot on the laptop already.

What kind of problems are you having with the market? Does it not work at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I log in with an account I created, and it says I have no devices registered or something like that, but doesn't seem to give me the option to add one.

Very belated PM sent to bonzodog2

I've just released a new version of Cabbage Lite and Ultimate that supports Tesco webtexts btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭GIMP

HI Sam
    Tested this and it works fine for Irish numbers. But when I sent an international text it deducted from 200 counter (domestic texts) not the 50 international texts that Tesco allocate. Can you check this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Very belated PM sent to bonzodog2

I've just released a new version of Cabbage Lite and Ultimate that supports Tesco webtexts btw

Is there a new update in the Market mate?

madmoe wrote: »
    Is there a new update in the Market mate?

Yes there is

• Advertisement

GIMP wrote: »
    HI Sam
    Tested this and it works fine for Irish numbers. But when I sent an international text it deducted from 200 counter (domestic texts) not the 50 international texts that Tesco allocate. Can you check this?

I've fixed that on the server now. It wasn't actually deducting it from your domestic texts. The script gets both the domestic and international remaining messages and then determines which one to display based on the number that you were sending to but it wasn't working properly so it always behaved as if you'd sent to a domestic number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Apologies if this has been asked before but is it possible to import messages to Cabbage from the stock app. I had to do a factory reset & backed them up beforehand but they only restored to the stock app.I have Cabbage set as the default for sms. Thanks

jgbyr wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before but is it possible to import messages to Cabbage from the stock app. I had to do a factory reset & backed them up beforehand but they only restored to the stock app.I have Cabbage set as the default for sms. Thanks

Hi, no there's no way to do that I'm afraid. I decided when I was first developing the inbox not to do that because importing all of the messages from your inbox would make the app too slow and wouldn't be necessary because the messages are still available in the stock inbox for those rare occasions when someone feels the need to go back over a message from a few days/weeks ago

Thats grand. Thanks for the quick reply Sam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Hi Sam. Sorry if this has been asked already.

I use Droid Stats to monitor my SMS usage so I know when I am getting near my monthly allowance. Basically I set the number of texts per month allowed and each time I send an SMS it deducts it from the total so I know how many I have left. However when I use cabbage it also deducts from the total so I don't know how many I heve left as cabbage uses webtext. Is there a way to stop cabbage from deducting from my allowance on Droid Stats??
    Cheers

I have been unable to send any messages through Cabbage on the Vodafone network since Sat. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭irishchris

Ballyman wrote: »

I use Droid Stats to monitor my SMS usage so I know when I am getting near my monthly allowance. Basically I set the number of texts per month allowed and each time I send an SMS it deducts it from the total so I know how many I have left. However when I use cabbage it also deducts from the total so I don't know how many I heve left as cabbage uses webtext. Is there a way to stop cabbage from deducting from my allowance on Droid Stats??
    Cheers

+1

Ballyman wrote: »

Cheers
    Sorry I forgot to reply to this. I don't really know how droid stats works but the most likely culprit is the fact that the app inserts messages into the stock messaging app's database. Try clicking menu->settings and untick "Save messages in default app". Let me know if it makes any difference

I have been unable to send any messages through Cabbage on the Vodafone network since Sat. Anyone else experiencing this?
    I can't log into the vodafone website right now, it doesn't seem to be working. Give it a while and it should start working again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Markronan

Hi guys i'm using cabbage over my meteor mobile internet on my samsung galaxy mini and it does not use any data according to 3g watchdog. Does this mean that i can use it with no credit over 3g and will my credit decrease when my free calls texts and internet expire after 30 days.???

Markronan wrote: »
    Hi guys i'm using cabbage over my meteor mobile internet on my samsung galaxy mini and it does not use any data according to 3g watchdog. Does this mean that i can use it with no credit over 3g and will my credit decrease when my free calls texts and internet expire after 30 days.???

If its sending the message using 3G then it must be using data to connect to your provider. From what I have seen data usage apps should only be used as a guideline, they are not 100% accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Markronan

If its sending the message using 3G then it must be using data to connect to your provider. From what I have seen data usage apps should only be used as a guideline, they are not 100% accurate.
    Ok when my free texts are gone how much will it cost me to send a text with cabbage over 3g?

Ok when my free texts are gone how much will it cost me to send a text with cabbage over 3g?
    Assuming you're on pre pay with no internet package it'll be the standard internet rates. The way meteor works is a soon as you connect to the internet it costs 69c and then the next 50mb are "free".

So if you're only planning to use the mobile internet for cabbage you'll have to send 5 or 6 messages to make it worth your while but if you're using the internet anyway it won't cost any extra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I keep getting a 'login request failed' message all of a sudden.

el dude wrote: »
    I keep getting a 'login request failed' message all of a sudden.
    What network are you on and can you log in to their website?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jone2010

Hi there,

I've started using cabbage lite on an android tablet. However it doesn't seem to have a contacts list, so I'm having to type in the numbers each time.

Does cabbage ultimate have its own contacts list?

The reason I'm asking is I think the original version of cabbage I used on the a nokia could get numbers from the phones contact list or from cabbages own contact list.

Thanks a lot! Great app :)

jone2010 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've started using cabbage lite on an android tablet. However it doesn't seem to have a contacts list, so I'm having to type in the numbers each time.

Does cabbage ultimate have its own contacts list?

The reason I'm asking is I think the original version of cabbage I used on the a nokia could get numbers from the phones contact list or from cabbages own contact list.

Thanks a lot! Great app :)

The app doesn't have its own contacts list but it should be able to read the device's contacts. What do you see if you press the button with the + symbol on the top right of the screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jone2010

When I click the + I get "contacts" and "type to search contacts" but as it's a tablet I don't think it has a contacts list so the search is blank. Is there a way to mimic a contacts list that'd exist on an android phone?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@jone2010
    do you not have a "people" app on your android? you should be able to put contacts in here and they should then show in cabbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

jone2010 wrote: »
    When I click the + I get "contacts" and "type to search contacts" but as it's a tablet I don't think it has a contacts list so the search is blank. Is there a way to mimic a contacts list that'd exist on an android phone?

Thanks!
    Random wrote: »
    @jone2010
    do you not have a "people" app on your android? you should be able to put contacts in here and they should then show in cabbage.

I think People is a HTC app,

@jone2010 you need to sync your Google contacts with your tablet. Should be simple under Settings somewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement