Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

redscan wrote: »
    Hi,

I have this app on a three smartphone. If I add my vodafone account as well, will I be able to receive the responses to the vodafone texts onto my three smartphone?

I know I can send webtexts for both three and vodafone and definitely receive the replies for the three ones, because the smartphone is three.

Will I have to carry a second phone around to see the responses to my vodafone messages?

Thanks!

Hi, as others have said, adding an account to Cabbage doesn't allow you to receive messages for that number on that phone. You will need a second phone (or a dual sim phone) but you don't need to carry it around :)

The paid version of Cabbage called Cabbage Ultimate (99c on the play store) allows you to forward incoming SMS. So you put the Vodafone sim in the phone and leave it switched on at home. Then you set the app to forward all incoming messages to your 3 number. You'll get any messages that are sent to the phone and it'll tell you who it was from and it can send text notifications of missed calls too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I get 'message sent' but the messages don't actually send. It's a rare occasion but it does happen. With Vodafone.

Any ideas?

Pj! wrote: »
    I get 'message sent' but the messages don't actually send. It's a rare occasion but it does happen. With Vodafone.

Any ideas?

Hi, if you get the "Message sent" message that means that the Vodafone website behaved as it should and the app doesn't have any control over what happens after that point. If Vodafone doesn't deliver the message it's a problem on their side.

And they were having a problem like this last week. Were you sending messages to international numbers because none of them were being delievered last week even though the website reported that they had sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Sending to Irish numbers. As I said it is very rare but it does happen.

Thanks.
    Great app though!

Pj! wrote: »
    Sending to Irish numbers. As I said it is very rare but it does happen.

Thanks.
    Great app though!

Right so you weren't having the same problem that those other people were. Unfortunately there's no way to check if a message has been delivered. All you can do is keep an eye on it and report the issue to Vodafone if it keeps happening.

Keep a note of the time and date of the messages that don't deliver and don't tell them you're using the app or they eon't help you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I see Three now support international webtexts which is great news. Is Cabbage going to support this now?

I see Three now support international webtexts which is great news. Is Cabbage going to support this now?

Yes it will :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is it a work in progress, Sam, or should it happen automatically. For Three's new webtext service, all existing account holders had to re-register. That entailed getting a new pin no. When I edit my account details in Cabbage and hit Save or Verify I get an error message: "Invalid username and password. Can you log in to webtext.three.ie with the phone number and password stored?"

I have tried several times over the past 30 mins & get the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bluebeam

Is it a work in progress, Sam, or should it happen automatically. For Three's new webtext service, all existing account holders had to re-register. That entailed getting a new pin no. When I edit my account details in Cabbage and hit Save or Verify I get an error message: "Invalid username and password. Can you log in to webtext.three.ie with the phone number and password stored?"

I have tried several times over the past 30 mins & get the same result.

+1

Can you try it now?

If it still doesn't work go to the app and press menu->settings->Sending method and make sure it's set to "Via server"

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Can you try it now?

If it still doesn't work go to the app and press menu->settings->Sending method and make sure it's set to "Via server"

Have checked all that, Sam. Tried sending to a UK no and get the following: "Error:Three does not support sending to international numbers: +44xxxxxxxxxx"

:confused:

Can you try it now?

Have checked all that, Sam. Tried sending to a UK no and get the following: "Error:Three does not support sending to international numbers: +44xxxxxxxxxx"

:confused:
    Yeah I'll have to release a new version of the app to allow sending to international numbers, which I'll be doing soon. What I want you to check for the moment is if it works for Irish numbers with your new pin

Sent it to a family member and it worked. Also got a message saying "sending failed", which it did'nt. Also got the "invalid username & password" message as well.

Also sent a webtext from PC to family member and that worked no problem.

Sent it to a family member and it worked. Also got a message saying "sending failed", which it did'nt. Also got the "invalid username & password" message as well.
    Could you try it again now? It's working got me from the app now.

Also what happens when you try to check your remaining messages?

No luck. Still get the Error about Three not supporting international nos

Remaining messages give the correct balance.

No luck. Still get the Error about Three not supporting international nos

Remaining messages give the correct balance.

Yeah until I release a new version of the app that you'll download from the market international numbers won't work. At the moment the app doesn't even try to send to international numbers because it didn't work until today.

What I'd like you to check is if you can send messages to irish numbers with your new pin set in the app

What I'd like you to check is if you can send messages to irish numbers with your new pin set in the app

Yes, I can send to Irish nos, no problem there.

Yes, I can send to Irish nos, no problem there.
    Grand so, I'll release a new version of the app that supports international numbers as soon as I can. There are a few other bug fixes to go in first though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Grand so, I'll release a new version of the app that supports international numbers as soon as I can. There are a few other bug fixes to go in first though

Thanks. Just delighted it still works for sending to Irish numbers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

Any update on this? Really could do with my free international webtexts in cabbage ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

Thanks for a great app :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Never commented here but Cabbage is one of the best apps ever invented. Kudos.

Hi sam hows the coding for three international texts going mate

irishchris wrote: »
    Hi sam hows the coding for three international texts going mate

Hi sorry I forgot to reply to this. It'll be ready in the next few days. I have to fix some other bugs first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

cheers for all the work btw. saw this on here, dl it, used it. its grand. more than doubles my texts. seems heavy enough on bandwidth though compared to the likes ov viber? am guessing it has to communicate with the website and load most of it for it to work or something?
    my heavier ofc its nothing major (few kb), just wondering :)

EDIT: thanks once again btw for it :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

kenyard wrote: »
    cheers for all the work btw. saw this on here, dl it, used it. its grand. more than doubles my texts. seems heavy enough on bandwidth though compared to the likes ov viber? am guessing it has to communicate with the website and load most of it for it to work or something?

I remember reading before that someone worked out how much data it used and an average text used a very small amount of data. With out a data plan a text only cost about .25c (that's a quarter of a cent) in data charges. It was a good few years back when I read that though.

kenyard wrote: »

The amount of data it uses depends on a setting in the app. Press menu-> settings-> Sending method and check what it's set to. If it's "via server" it should only use a few KB for each message but if it's set to "direct connection" messages will take a few hundred KB each because, as you say, it has to load a lot of the website to send the message

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

hey Sam, does the great APP that is cabbage work with emobile? :)

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »
    hey Sam, does the great APP that is cabbage work with emobile? :)
    Yes it does :)

I just released the new cabbage ultimate with support for international numbers on 3 and a few other bits. I'll be releasing lite in the next day or two

Try it it and let me know about any problems you find :)

great! :)

I'm moving over from meteor to emobile, what will i have to do to make sure it works please?:D:D

MidlandsM wrote: »

great! :)

I'm moving over from meteor to emobile, what will i have to do to make sure it works please?:D:D
    Just register with eMobile's online system and change your account in the app for the new password and network. To do that press menu->accounts, long press the account and select "edit account"

thanks Sam,....a gent as always!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

The
    I just released the new cabbage ultimate with support for international numbers on 3 and a few other bits. I'll be releasing lite in the next day or two

Hi Sam, unable to login with ultimate 1.74. When I try to verify settings on 3 they fail. Message mentions webtext three.ie

On HOX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

blobbie wrote: »
    The

Hi Sam, unable to login with ultimate 1.74. When I try to verify settings on 3 they fail. Message mentions webtext three.ie

On HOX

Hi Sam, working fine now. Have texted Irish and NZ numbers.

Works great with three international now.sent uk text after update and sent fine.brilliant work yet again sam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Gettin invalid name or password on o2 ireland. Can log in on the website no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

blobbie wrote: »
    The

On HOX

Similar problem.

If you try often enough with verify, it works. Then when you save, it also says verified.

When you try to send, it take a very long time.
    Mostly it fails with incorrect username/password.
    Sometimes it says it works, but each time returns a message that there are Message sent! 333 messages left. I had just sent 4 texts. None of them arrived.

Think it could be a three problem.
    Tried going to the webpage, it's very slow.
    Got an error after sending:
    Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Tried logging in once, error saying should be 6 digit pin, which is what I had put in.
    Now getting:
    The connection was reset
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Will try again tomorrow.
    Using ultimate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

amby666 wrote: »
    Similar problem.

If you try often enough with verify, it works. Then when you save, it also says verified.

When you try to send, it take a very long time.
    Mostly it fails with incorrect username/password.
    Sometimes it says it works, but each time returns a message that there are Message sent! 333 messages left. I had just sent 4 texts. None of them arrived.

Think it could be a three problem.
    Tried going to the webpage, it's very slow.
    Got an error after sending:
    Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Tried logging in once, error saying should be 6 digit pin, which is what I had put in.
    Now getting:
    The connection was reset
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Will try again tomorrow.
    Using ultimate

Looks like it's back again. Webpage refreshed, got a text. Sent one from cabbage again, arrived immediately, correct balance shown.

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    Gettin invalid name or password on o2 ireland. Can log in on the website no bother.

Yeah that was my fault, sorry about that. I've released another update on the market to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Seems to be only working for me when I'm logged into webtexts.three.ie. Once I log out it doesn't seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭craigmcc

Unfortunately after the last couple of updates it is not working well. Sends sometimes and fails alot at the moment. Am with three webtext.

Know it is just a matter of it being fixed but over all it is a brilliant app - thanks.

Craig

craigmcc wrote: »
    Unfortunately after the last couple of updates it is not working well. Sends sometimes and fails alot at the moment. Am with three webtext.

Know it is just a matter of it being fixed but over all it is a brilliant app - thanks.

Craig

The problem you're having right now is down to the Three web text system not working properly. I've been trying to log into the website all day and it hasn't been letting me in. I can get in every now and then but even then it's very slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Sam - getting an error saying "Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted"

Can log in to the o2 website no issues. Any ideas?

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Sam - getting an error saying "Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted"

Can log in to the o2 website no issues. Any ideas?
    You're the second person to report that problem but it's working for me. Can you try it over wifi to see if you have the same problem?

Sam, that was actually over Wifi. But I switched to 3g and strangely now it has sent straight away...

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Sam, that was actually over Wifi. But I switched to 3g and strangely now it has sent straight away...
    And are you still having problems over wifi? I just tried with my o2 sim card and it worked fine. It worked with my meteor sim card too

It's looking like this might have been a temporary problem with the website...... Hopefully

No still no dice on the wifi - Hmmm I'll try when I get to a different wifi network and test it

All good on a different wifi network Sam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement