Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

paul_or wrote: »
    please fix the Vodafone issue!

Please voice your opinion over here where it is more relevant :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056736758

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Meteor used to do this (maybe they still do) and it was the main reason I switched providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

anncoates wrote: »
    Meteor used to do this (maybe they still do) and it was the main reason I switched providers.

They dont anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

Besides posting a complaint on the vodafone forum, what other way will they take notice of unsatisfied customers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Sam

Have you had any luck with this VF captcha thing.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

ffm wrote: »
    Besides posting a complaint on the vodafone forum, what other way will they take notice of unsatisfied customers?

If the gain in additional texting is less than the loss in customers - they might action it. But that would only really be measurable after a few months, after the dust has settled.

I've just added 5.50 EURO / 100 bundle of texts to my plan as I was paying .11 cent a pop. Used to get 600 free with Cabbage/Webtext :-(

Ranjo wrote: »
    If the gain in additional texting is less than the loss in customers - they might action it. But that would only really be measurable after a few months, after the dust has settled.

I've just added 5.50 EURO / 100 bundle of texts to my plan as I was paying .11 cent a pop. Used to get 600 free with Cabbage/Webtext :-(

Up until about a year or 2 ago i used to buy 400 texts for €20 which worked out at 5c a text. Which was bloody brilliant. But then they brought in a time limit that they had to be used in. With my free vodafone to vodafone texts, the bundle of 400 used to last ages. I had to stop buying the bundle cos the expiry date would have come long before i used up the texts.

Another great move by vodafone that more than likely drove customers away.

Well done, vodafone. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

I really like cabbage and will go back to it if it solves the problem, but for now, I've installed VodafoneSMS (Unofficial) which does the job, but with a banner ad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

ok, help!

struggling to get emobile working on my cabbage.

Tried the 4 digit pin I got with the new emobile sim ......but can't get it to work.

what am I doing wrong please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

MidlandsM wrote: »
    ok, help!

Tried the 4 digit pin I got with the new emobile sim ......but can't get it to work.

Not familiar with emobile but I would imagine the pin for your phone may be different than your online login details.... can you access your webtexts through your PC without any difficulty?

Or are you getting an error message when sending a text via Cabbage?

• Advertisement

I really like cabbage and will go back to it if it solves the problem, but for now, I've installed VodafoneSMS (Unofficial) which does the job, but with a banner ad.

Do you have a link to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I think that's the end of cabbage if Vodafone keep this security code. Dammit!

Not quite :)

I've just released an update to handle Vodafone's captcha. It pops up the image in the app so you can fill in the text, then it stores the cookie and reuses it so it won't ask for the captcha every time.

I don't know exactly how often it will ask for the captcha yet but hopefully it'll only be once a day.

I've only released the ultimate version right now but I'll release lite in the next day or so as long as I don't get any emails telling me about any really stupid bugs I might have missed

MidlandsM wrote: »
    ok, help!

What error message are you getting?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Not quite :)

I've just released an update to handle Vodafone's captcha. It pops up the image in the app so you can fill in the text, then it stores the cookie and reuses it so it won't ask for the captcha every time.

I don't know exactly how often it will ask for the captcha yet but hopefully it'll only be once a day.

I've only released the ultimate version right now but I'll release lite in the next day or so as long as I don't get any emails telling me about any really stupid bugs I might have missed

Still doesn't seem to be working Sam. Not for me anyway. The same 'invalid response received' message is coming up.

Still doesn't seem to be working Sam. Not for me anyway. The same 'invalid response received' message is coming up.

Newer version isn't available yet, not to me anyway.

jgbyr wrote: »

I can't wait to feel smug if/when it's up & running again :P

Are you using lite or ultimate?

Are you using lite or ultimate?

Ultimate. It's just like it has been the last week or so.

Ultimate. It's just like it has been the last week or so.

I just checked on the play store a minute ago and it was still saying that version 1.75 was the latest. I re-saved the update and now it's correctly saying that 1.76 is the latest. Could you re-check the play store and make sure that you're on the latest version?

To check what version you're on from within the app you can press menu->About btw

• Advertisement

I just checked on the play store a minute ago and it was still saying that version 1.75 was the latest. I re-saved the update and now it's correctly saying that 1.76 is the latest. Could you re-check the play store and make sure that you're on the latest version?

To check what version you're on from within the app you can press menu->About btw

I uninstalled it, re-installed & then updated it but it's still the same.

I just checked & its not indicating that there's an update available.

I just checked & its not indicating that there's an update available.

Mine did but it made no difference.

Mine did but it made no difference.

What response do you get when you try to send a schedules message to yourself?

Just tried it. When I hit send I get a notification saying message sending failed. Then the captcha pops up. When I enter it I get a successful notification. A second message sends fine without the captcha. The captcha is very small though.

Just tried it. When I hit send I get a notification saying message sending failed. Then the captcha pops up. When I enter it I get a successful notification. A second message sends fine without the captcha. The captcha is very small though.

Does the "message sending failed" mesage pop up as soon as you hit send or just as the captcha image pops up?

I'll try to make the captcha bigger. It is legible though is it?

• Advertisement

Ok, it works. But when i send a text, it just disappears off the screen. I was typing out the same text again & when i was half way through it, it came up that the original message was sent. This isn't a complaint. Just letting people know.

Nice one Sam!

Ok, it works. But when i send a text, it just disappears off the screen. I was typing out the same text again & when i was half way through it, it came up that the original message was sent. This isn't a complaint. Just letting people know.

Nice one Sam!

Is this on the message thread screen or the compose screen?

If it's the message thread screen, do you have a lot of messages in that thread?

and finally what phone do you have?

Does the "message sending failed" mesage pop up as soon as you hit send or just as the captcha image pops up?

I'll try to make the captcha bigger. It is legible though is it?

It pops up once I hit send & then the captcha pops up.
    The captcha is legible.
    Thanks Sam

It pops up once I hit send & then the captcha pops up.
    The captcha is legible.
    Thanks Sam

Does it pop up as one of those brief small popups like this:
    218882.png

Or some other way?

Sorry for all these questions. This is why I release the ultimate version first, with fewer people using it I get less bombarded with problems :D

I currently have 400 unread emails from people who are having this problem. I would have replied to them all but I thought my time would be better spent fixing the problem than giving them all an estimate of when I might have it fixed :)

Is this on the message thread screen or the compose screen?

If it's the message thread screen, do you have a lot of messages in that thread?

and finally what phone do you have?

It only seems to happen when starting a fresh text. i.e. there's no other texts to that person on the cabbage app. I have very few texts as i uninstalled it while ago & re-installed it.

I have a Sony Xperia U.

• Advertisement

It only seems to happen when starting a fresh text. i.e. there's no other texts to that person on the cabbage app. I have very few texts as i uninstalled it while ago & re-installed it.

I have a Sony Xperia U.

Ah so you sent it from the compose message screen, then didn't see it in the inbox until it had finished sending? Is that right?

Ah so you sent it from the compose message screen, then didn't see it in the inbox until it had finished sending? Is that right?

Correct. I don't think it was like that before though, was it? Or am i mistaken?

Correct. I don't think it was like that before though, was it? Or am i mistaken?

No it wasn't like that before. Now the first thing it does is log in and check if you're going to be asked for the captcha and only when it confirms that it's not being requested or it prompts you and you enter the text does it store the message in the database.

If you send a message from the message thread screen it sticks a temporary dummy message to the bottom of the thread until the real one is stored but I didn't do it for the inbox. I'll look into it.

No it wasn't like that before. Now the first thing it does is log in and check if you're going to be asked for the captcha and only when it confirms that it's not being requested or it prompts you and you enter the text does it store the message in the database.

If you send a message from the message thread screen it sticks a temporary dummy message to the bottom of the thread until the real one is stored but I didn't do it for the inbox. I'll look into it.

Ah sure it's not a big deal. Main thing is it's working. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Working fine for me. :)

Ah sure it's not a big deal. Main thing is it's working. Thanks again.

Yeah the plan was always to just hack it together to get it working and to iron out the little things like that afterwards. I'm working on it now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Ok, it works. But when i send a text, it just disappears off the screen. I was typing out the same text again & when i was half way through it, it came up that the original message was sent.

Same here, Desire HD. Woohoo, can use my webtexts again, thanks Sam! :D:D

Does it pop up as one of those brief small popups like this:
    218882.png

Or some other way?

Sorry for all these questions. This is why I release the ultimate version first, with fewer people using it I get less bombarded with problems :D

I currently have 400 unread emails from people who are having this problem. I would have replied to them all but I thought my time would be better spent fixing the problem than giving them all an estimate of when I might have it fixed :)

Sam,
    I just tried it again. As I hit send I got the Cabbage notification sound & " message sending failed" appeared at the top of the screen.The capthca appeared on screen at the same time.

Sam,
    I just tried it again. As I hit send I got the Cabbage notification sound & " message sending failed" appeared at the top of the screen.The capthca appeared on screen at the same time.

That's ok so. Right now, when the captcha is presented the app treats it as a failure and does that reporting that you're seeing but then it goes back and sends the message again. That's another one of the things that I'm going to iron out shortly

That's ok so. Right now, when the captcha is presented the app treats it as a failure and does that reporting that you're seeing but then it goes back and sends the message again. That's another one of the things that I'm going to iron out shortly

Thanks Sam.
    Appeciate your work on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Working for me now too, just a heads up to any other silly people like myself, when the capthca comes up and you enter it it's case sensitive, when you begin to type the first letter will be capitalized and cause it to fail. Took me a few failed messages to work out I needed to press shift before entering the 1st letter :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Cabbage has stopped working for me. I keep getting invalid response messages. My Vodafone account details are correct & verified. I have it set to via server & I have tried connection method 1 & 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

What error message are you getting?

when I test it it come up ; Test Failure Error : (-2) Could not connect to network site:confused:

but when i use the same login details (phone no and pin no) on the emobile site, I can log in and send web texts??

The newest version 1.77 is working a treat.
    Thanks Sam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

The newest version 1.77 is working a treat.
    Thanks Sam.

Is this just the Ultimate or both guys??

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »

Cheers,
    M

I have ultimate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Working fine here Sam.
    You are indeed the man....

Screw you very much Vodafone

HB

calex71 wrote: »
    Working for me now too, just a heads up to any other silly people like myself, when the capthca comes up and you enter it it's case sensitive, when you begin to type the first letter will be capitalized and cause it to fail. Took me a few failed messages to work out I needed to press shift before entering the 1st letter :o

It's not case sensitive in v1.77 and it'll remove any spaces you put in too

Discodog wrote: »
    Cabbage has stopped working for me. I keep getting invalid response messages. My Vodafone account details are correct & verified. I have it set to via server & I have tried connection method 1 & 2

Download the latest version 1.77 from the play store, assuming you're using the android app

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »

Cheers,
    M

It's both now

Advertisement