Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

MidlandsM wrote: »
    when I test it it come up ; Test Failure Error : (-2) Could not connect to network site:confused:

but when i use the same login details (phone no and pin no) on the emobile site, I can log in and send web texts??

help please?:):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Working on it :)

What response do you get when you try to check your remaining messages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Hi Sam,
    Thanks got the great app and continued support.

Regarding the Vodafone issue, I've noticed that SMS to single recipients send fine after entering the Catchpa but if I try to send to two or more recipients I get multiple Catchpa requests. E.g. I tried to send a SMS to two recipients and after entering four different Catchpas I gave up. I didn't receive any error messages.

(Details: Cabbage Lite v1.77, Vodafone network, SE Xperia Arc running Android 2.3.3)

rcdk1 wrote: »
    Hi Sam,
    Thanks got the great app and continued support.

Regarding the Vodafone issue, I've noticed that SMS to single recipients send fine after entering the Catchpa but if I try to send to two or more recipients I get multiple Catchpa requests. E.g. I tried to send a SMS to two recipients and after entering four different Catchpas I gave up. I didn't receive any error messages.

(Details: Cabbage Lite v1.77, Vodafone network, SE Xperia Arc running Android 2.3.3)

I checked that out before I released it and I just tried to send to two recipients and it worked fine. It asked for one captcha and then both messages sent. It sends up to 5 messages in a single request anyway so with up to 5 recipients it should work exactly the same.

Could you give it another shot and get back to me?

If it still doesn't work, go to the compose message screen and in the text box where you'd normally enter the phone number type "clearcookies" without the quotes in lower case and press the clear button. A popup should appear saying "cookies cleared". That will erase your session so the next message you send should start a new one. Then try to send to more than one recipient again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    It's not case sensitive in v1.77 and it'll remove any spaces you put in too

Hiya Sam.
    I notice that if I leave the first letter of the captcha in caps I get a failed notification. Another captcha appears & this will accept the caps & send the initial message.

Happy its working though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

I checked that out before I released it and I just tried to send to two recipients and it worked fine. It asked for one captcha and then both messages sent. It sends up to 5 messages in a single request anyway so with up to 5 recipients it should work exactly the same.

If it still doesn't work, go to the compose message screen and in the text box where you'd normally enter the phone number type "clearcookies" without the quotes in lower case and press the clear button. A popup should appear saying "cookies cleared". That will erase your session so the next message you send should start a new one. Then try to send to more than one recipient again
    Sent a text to two recipients, asked for two Catchpas but send message after entering the second one. Sent another text to two (different) recipients and message was sent without any Catchpa request. Similarly no Catchpa request for a third text sent to four recipients. I didn't have to use the clear cookies command.

Thanks,
    R.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Hiya Sam.
    I notice that if I leave the first letter of the captcha in caps I get a failed notification. Another captcha appears & this will accept the caps & send the initial message.

Happy its working though.

If you're on the latest version the caps definitely don't matter. Sometimes the website just doesn't accept the first captcha for some reason. I'm looking into making it more reliable

What response do you get when you try to check your remaining messages?

how do i do that as i cant login?

rcdk1 wrote: »
    Sent a text to two recipients, asked for two Catchpas but send message after entering the second one. Sent another text to two (different) recipients and message was sent without any Catchpa request. Similarly no Catchpa request for a third text sent to four recipients. I didn't have to use the clear cookies command.

Thanks,
    R.

I'd say that was just a temporary issue so. You will be asked for the captcha again after a while because the website seems to ask for it again after a while even though it's the same session but when that happens it should still be able to send to multiple recipients

• Advertisement

SAM - YOU LEGEND!

sorted.....a public acknowledement required i think as we were fixing it via pm........and thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Great work Sam! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Thanks a million Sam :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Discodog wrote: »
    Cabbage has stopped working for me. I keep getting invalid response messages. My Vodafone account details are correct & verified. I have it set to via server & I have tried connection method 1 & 2

Download the latest version 1.77 from the play store, assuming you're using the android app

Thanks mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

great to have cabbage back working again -thanks a million.

Will cabbage work in the UK? Or is there a UK alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

It's not case sensitive in v1.77 and it'll remove any spaces you put in too
    That's neat Sam, thanks so much for the quick update.
    Life can return to normal again;)
    Just to confirm that its working perfectly in the Lite version.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

I thought I had that same problem, sending to one recipient, but then realised it was probably the predictive text on the phone that changed what I typed:o, so I watched the capcha and selected the version I had typed. Then it was perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Thanks for the fix to Vodafone Sam , legend of an app. Cabbage will officially be the first app ive paid for , and its more than worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Hate to complain, but the new version seems to spend quite a long time waiting for the Catchpa to be returned. You kind of have to hang around the Cabbage screen waiting to see if its going to ask for one. Otherwise, I miss the popup and the text fails to send. Is there any way to speed this up?

• Advertisement

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Hate to complain, but the new version seems to spend quite a long time waiting for the Catchpa to be returned. You kind of have to hang around the Cabbage screen waiting to see if its going to ask for one. Otherwise, I miss the popup and the text fails to send. Is there any way to speed this up?

Hi, it is slow unfortunately but it can only be as fast as the vodafone website lets it be.

But you shouldn't have to hang around on the cabbage screen, the captcha should pop up no matter what you're doing. Is that not happening for you?

Will cabbage work in the UK? Or is there a UK alternative

Depends on what you mean. You can use Cabbage if you're in the UK but using your login from an Irish network. It also supports O2 UK but they only provide 30 web texts a month and the other networks give the same or less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

the captcha thing seems to come up everytime i try to send a message now.
    Not only that, I have to pass 2/3 Capthas before the message sends, despite having entered it correct in the first couple of attempts.

I take it there is no way around this? The vodafone website being the culprit..?

Cheers

Same here. It seems to be getting slower. Good old Vodafone eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

updated app. works brilliantly. Thanks. just have to type in Captcha once so far.
    This app is brilliant for holidays. just pay for data access for day and free texts make up for it. or use wifi for totally free texts.
    Thanks again.
    best app i've ever bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Tiesto wrote: »
    Not only that, I have to pass 2/3 Capthas before the message sends, despite having entered it correct in the first couple of attempts.

I take it there is no way around this? The vodafone website being the culprit..?

Cheers

Same here - any fix for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

tonc76 wrote: »

Cheers

Same for me.

I sometimes get the message Invalid response received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Galego

I also have to enter the silly catchup letters 2/3 times. This is so annoying that I've decided to move to a different network. Well done Voda!

• Advertisement

I have started a thread in the Talk to Vodafone forum here if people want to make their views known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Hey, I posted this in the general Samsung S3 thread, was advised I might get more help here.
    Quick question guys.

I've downloaded Cabbage Ultimate as a means of texting my friends in the UK. Everytime I get a text message now, it goes through to my Cabbage inbox and my regular inbox. Can I either:

(a) Stop it going into my Cabbage inbox?

or

(b) Stop getting notifications from Cabbage that I have a new message?

I really only want to use Cabbage to send messages, I'm slightly obssesive in that after I read a message in my regular inbox, I have to clear the notification from Cabbage saying I have the same message in there too straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

Hey, I posted this in the general Samsung S3 thread, was advised I might get more help here.
    Quick question guys.

I've downloaded Cabbage Ultimate as a means of texting my friends in the UK. Everytime I get a text message now, it goes through to my Cabbage inbox and my regular inbox. Can I either:

(a) Stop it going into my Cabbage inbox?

or

(b) Stop getting notifications from Cabbage that I have a new message?

I really only want to use Cabbage to send messages, I'm slightly obssesive in that after I read a message in my regular inbox, I have to clear the notification from Cabbage saying I have the same message in there too straight away.

Have you tried opening message, then going to notification and unclicking it or in cabbage go to settings and notification settings.... If you're using cabbage try the first

Cheers
    jgbyr wrote: »
    Same here. It seems to be getting slower. Good old Vodafone eh!
    tonc76 wrote: »
    3rdDegree wrote: »
    Same for me.
    I sometimes get the message Invalid response received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)
    Galego wrote: »
    I also have to enter the silly catchup letters 2/3 times. This is so annoying that I've decided to move to a different network. Well done Voda!

Hi eveyone, sorry I've been away a while, busy week. I'm working on these problems at the moment. I'll hopefully have a fix out soon but I'm starting to think the problem is just Vodafone's website not working properly. I'll do what I can anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

obviously an android forum but is there a similar update for cabbage on a PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

comet wrote: »
    obviously an android forum but is there a similar update for cabbage on a PC?

I'm wondering about the PC version as well, is there a thread on here guys??

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

What about Nokia Symbian?

Thanks.

madmoe wrote: »
    I'm wondering about the PC version as well, is there a thread on here guys??

Thanks,
    M

Have a look here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54198921

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Thanks jgbyr!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Cabbage App has been working brillant for last few months without any hitch until this morning. My message wont send and i get the following message "Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted""
    I am on O2 by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think O2 are updating their systems at the moment. I know topups aren't working till tomorrow. I'd give it a day and try again. Though usually it breaks something when they improve their systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Galego

martyeds wrote: »
    Cabbage App has been working brillant for last few months without any hitch until this morning. My message wont send and i get the following message "Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted""
    I am on O2 by the way

Having the same problem today with TescoMobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

O2 is back since yesterday AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

I have just uninstalled Cabbage Ultimate from my HTC Wildfire as Vodafone make a great app useless....I am at the end of my tether with Vodafone & looking into going to a different network..

Anyway....sthe last 2 weeks there was no sound when a text message came through on my phone, and the sound hasn't returned even after I uninstalled the ap...anyone got any help on how to get it back?
    I have gone into my settings & gone over the sound profile, still no sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Hi again,

has anyone any help / ideas on how to get my text message notification sound back since installing Cabbage Ultimate?

Thanks

Edit: I have been searching the problem online & came across some other forums where users have had the same problem....they also reported using Cabbage on HTC Wildfire....thats the phone I use also.

I can't send messages with Vodafone at the moment. I get message failed and then captchas are presented continuously. I have to cancel sending the message. Anyone else getting this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The app is giving me message that I may be out of the country so may not work due to the pin number issue. I am in Ireland, and it was working earlier today. And recently it has constantly being telling me that I've got 499 messages remaining, no matter how many I've used.

I'm with O2, anyone having similar issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

O2 to block cabbage soon :-(
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Help-Support/Do-you-support-Webtext-apps-like-Eirtext-and-Cabbage/ta-p/565664

Do you support Webtext apps like Eirtext and Cabbage?

We are currently upgrading our O2.ie registration and login system. This is so we can offer a range of new features that will allow you to better view and manage your O2 services online.

As part of this update, 3rd party Webtext apps like Eirtext and Cabbage will no longer work. The apps will stop working within the next month.

You will still be able to access Webtext from O2.ie as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

Anyone else having problems with this?

It says 'Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted'.

It's been like this a few days now.

I'm getting intermittent issues in that I cannot send anything as it just keeps presenting captchas.
    Posted about it a while back.
    I don't know if this thread is being monitored anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

Before mine stopped working it was asking me to put in the captcha twice every time. It just stopped working then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement