Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

ffm wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with this?

It says 'Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted'.

It's been like this a few days now.

Am getting that here mate. In the states and really need it working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Disaster if you are unable to use Cabbage via android from now on. 12 cent of something to text a different network. How easy is it to navigate the o2 site on your phone to text another network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is it not working in O2 for you? Ok for me on the desktop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

With meteor here. Working flawlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

billbond4 wrote: »
    We are currently upgrading our O2.ie registration and login system. This is so we can offer a range of new features that will allow you to better view and manage your O2 services online.

Who are they codding ??
    If they block Cabbage I'll be leaving them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Who are they codding ??
    If they block Cabbage I'll be leaving them.

The problem is where to go to.
    I'm with vodafone & on their ' talk to 'page here on Boards alot of people voiced their disgust at the introduction of captchas when sending their webtexts. It made no difference,the captcha is still there.
    Sometimes cabbage can handle it ok & you enter it once & other times it won't work at all.

All the mobile companies seem to be putting barriers in place to prevent third party apps from working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

We are currently upgrading our O2.ie registration and login system. This is so we can offer a range of new features that will allow you to better view and manage your O2 services online...

That should read "so we can block the services that save you money"
    You will still be able to access Webtext from O2.ie as normal.

Normal O2 webtext is for it to be broken, or so convoluted to be unsable. Which is why I started using webtext to start with!

Next stage is they'll block things like Viber and Skype. Which are handy for messaging.

BostonB wrote: »
    That should read "so we can block the services that save you money"

Normal O2 webtext is for it to be broken, or so convoluted to be unsable. Which is why I started using webtext to start with!

Next stage is they'll block things like Viber and Skype. Which are handy for messaging.

Vodafone have skype blocked on most of their packages now.You have to buy an expensive addon to use voip. Their website frequently gives error messages when you log in to send a webtext.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

jgbyr wrote: »
    Vodafone have skype blocked on most of their packages now.You have to buy an expensive addon to use voip. Their website frequently gives error messages when you log in to send a webtext.

The website is an absolute joke. Not only have they stopped cabbage from working, their site is an absolute joke to log in to.

I changed my password when requested recently but everytime i go to log in to send a text it says i need to change my password again. They then send a 'code' to my phone & i have to put it on to the site to gain access to my vodafone account. This happens without fail every single time. They're a bunch of cowboys. The website has been giving me trouble in many different ways for as long as i can remember.

Idiots.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Hope someone can help me, I got locked out of Vodafone Webtext Account for 24 hours, I put in the wrong password, however even though i can now access my Vodafone account online, I can no longer use Cabbage.

I did un install & re install it with the new password for my Vodafone account but no joy. I love this app, it saves me so much money - hope some one can give me some advise on how to get it working again

Birdsong wrote: »
    Hope someone can help me, I got locked out of Vodafone Webtext Account for 24 hours, I put in the wrong password, however even though i can now access my Vodafone account online, I can no longer use Cabbage.

I did un install & re install it with the new password for my Vodafone account but no joy. I love this app, it saves me so much money - hope some one can give me some advise on how to get it working again

It's not working on the Vodafone network anymore. At least it isn't for me.

It's not working on the Vodafone network anymore. At least it isn't for me.

It was working when I tried it earlier on vodafone.

jgbyr wrote: »
    It was working when I tried it earlier on vodafone.

Ok, i uninstalled & re-installed the app. It's working again. I think the problem may have been that i had to change my password on the vodafone website for 'security' reasons :rolleyes: but never changed it on the app. I put in the new password after i re-installed it again & it's working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cannot get Cabbage to work on s3 on O2..? Is it to do with O2's new security options?
    Pain in the head as great App. Any other apps that get around O2 security

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Its been working fine for me on 02.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I use cabbage on meteor and it works perfectly! Life saver of an app!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

Can you use cabbage from the same laptop for 2 different mobile numbers?

martyeds wrote: »
    Its been working fine for me on 02.

Deleted and reinstalled keep getting error message failed to get remaining messages Aborted
    Any way around this or anyone getting this message on O2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I've set up a scheduled message. When I use the desktop app I can see it and cancel it. I then change my password on the three site. I then change the password on both the desktop app and android app. I go back in to the cancel scheduled message and retrieve but it's gone. Does it lose the message details when you change the password?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Been trying to use this with 3 and getting the following message:

"Invalid Response. Expected a numerical value"

Anybody have any help or guidance or is it blocked with three at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'm on Three with my main phone and Cabbage works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Thanks for that Kris but having no joy here myself. Happened a few months ago when that new webtext layout came in and i forgot about it until i got a note 2 upgrade yesterday and thought i'd try get it working again but to no avail, disappointing, hopefully someone else can help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Also with three, no problems at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 mankydogg

Having same problem as hollywoodhoppy. Im on three and the app is looking for numeric input. Real pity cabbage was an excellent app

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

Hi. I'm in the Middle East at the moment and need to receive a text message on my Meteor phone but the roaming isn't working. I downloaded Cabbage Ultimate for my Nexus hoping that I would be able to receive text messages but so far it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried sending myself a message as a test without any success. Any ideas?
    Cheers :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JayV wrote: »
    Hi. I'm in the Middle East at the moment and need to receive a text message on my Meteor phone but the roaming isn't working. I downloaded Cabbage Ultimate for my Nexus hoping that I would be able to receive text messages but so far it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried sending myself a message as a test without any success. Any ideas?
    Cheers :)

Nothing will let you receive texts on your Nexus 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hi everyone, sorry for ignoring Cabbage the past few months, real life got in the way but I'm back now. :)

I've released a new version of Cabbage Lite and Ultimate to improve handle Vodafone's captcha image. It shouldn't keep asking for the captcha again even though you filled it in correctly anymore and I've packaged up OCR software to automatically read the image too.

This version should also fix O2 messaging abroad and O2 customers can now use their email addresses as the login name

Tbh I don't think there's any point going back through the thread and replying to everyone because all of the issues will be out of date. If you're still having problems please post again to let me know :)

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Hi everyone, sorry for ignoring Cabbage the past few months, real life got in the way but I'm back now. :)

I've released a new version of Cabbage Lite and Ultimate to improve handle Vodafone's captcha image. It shouldn't keep asking for the captcha again even though you filled it in correctly anymore and I've packaged up OCR software to automatically read the image too.

This version should also fix O2 messaging abroad and O2 customers can now use their email addresses as the login name

Tbh I don't think there's any point going back through the thread and replying to everyone because all of the issues will be out of date. If you're still having problems please post again to let me know :)

Thanks a million Sam, very much appreciated!

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

On the Nexus 7 is there a way for Cabbage to associate phone numbers with names (I.e. a contact list)? Thanks.

Noticed the feature to improve the captcha earlier. It's only a small thing but it makes a huge difference. Thanks!

• Advertisement

On the Nexus 7 is there a way for Cabbage to associate phone numbers with names (I.e. a contact list)? Thanks.

Cabbage makes use of the device's own contact list so if you sync your contacts from your phone with gmail and then sync your gmail contacts with your tablet they should be available to Cabbage.

This explains how to sync contacts with a Nexus: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-sync-your-galaxy-nexus-your-google-account

Noticed the feature to improve the captcha earlier. It's only a small thing but it makes a huge difference. Thanks!

Very impressed with this as well, it's so cool!

Could someone who has an O2 account and is abroad let me know if the app is working for them? The update should fix the problem in theory but no one has actually said whether it's working for them or not yet and I don't want to catch a plane somewhere to check it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Cabbage makes use of the device's own contact list so if you sync your contacts from your phone with gmail and then sync your gmail contacts with your tablet they should be available to Cabbage.

This explains how to sync contacts with a Nexus: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-sync-your-galaxy-nexus-your-google-account

Thanks Sam. I got it to work eventually. Great app!

Is there any fix for the 02 security?

Cannot login using Android app or desktop take it no way around this? Pity as great app using it for more years than I care to remember....

Is there any fix for the 02 security?

Cannot login using Android app or desktop take it no way around this? Pity as great app using it for more years than I care to remember....

The latest version of the desktop and android apps should work abroad for O2. Are you on version 1.99 of the desktop program and 1.79 of the android app?

And if so, what error messages are you getting?

Downloaded latest Android App and also Desktop and its now working

Hooray

Thanks for the update

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Downloaded latest Android App and also Desktop and its now working

Hooray

Thanks for the update

cheers

Same here, love this app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I posted about this a couple of months ago. I'm on Three and using Cabbage Ultimate on my S3, I can set up the account and it verifies it. When I go to send a message it tells me I don't have any left even though I haven't used any !!

I've also installed Cabbage on my desktop and get an error that the login details are incorrect when trying to send a message.

It's all a bit strange considering I can login to the website and send messages from there.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I moved to Tesco mobile. Cabbage works but it always shows that I have zero Web texts available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭b318isp

Sam, I've recently upgraded to Ultimate. Compared to the free version, I've noticed that failed messages move to the Failed Messages section. In the free version they stayed on screen. Is there a way to not have them go to Failed Messages?

The reason behind this is that if I don't spot that a message has failed, I'll back out of the app and not realise the message failed. Having it stay on the screen means that I'm more likely to note that it hasn't gone, and I can try a resend straight away.

Thanks.

KTRIC wrote: »
    I posted about this a couple of months ago. I'm on Three and using Cabbage Ultimate on my S3, I can set up the account and it verifies it. When I go to send a message it tells me I don't have any left even though I haven't used any !!

I've also installed Cabbage on my desktop and get an error that the login details are incorrect when trying to send a message.

It's all a bit strange considering I can login to the website and send messages from there.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be ??
    When you log in to the website and go to send a message it should say how many messages you have remaining. How many does it say you have?

Discodog wrote: »
    I moved to Tesco mobile. Cabbage works but it always shows that I have zero Web texts available.
    I'll look into that

b318isp wrote: »
    Sam, I've recently upgraded to Ultimate. Compared to the free version, I've noticed that failed messages move to the Failed Messages section. In the free version they stayed on screen. Is there a way to not have them go to Failed Messages?

The reason behind this is that if I don't spot that a message has failed, I'll back out of the app and not realise the message failed. Having it stay on the screen means that I'm more likely to note that it hasn't gone, and I can try a resend straight away.

Thanks.
    There's no way to do that but what you can do is press menu->settings->notification on sending failure. Then the phone will show a notification and play your notification tone if a message fails

When you log in to the website and go to send a message it should say how many messages you have remaining. How many does it say you have?

This is what it says -

Remaining texts:
    -1 (of -1)

• Advertisement

This is what it says -

Remaining texts:
    -1 (of -1)
    That should say 333 (of 333) or however many you have left. A few people have reported that problem and they say that they can send messages even though the website says they have -1 left of -1.

I could change the script to try to send the message instead of dropping out but I can't say for sure that the messages are sending for everyone who has -1 left on the website and even where the messages are sending I don't know if they have unlimited messages or if they'll stop at some point. I don't want the app to report that a message sent when I actually have no idea if it sent so I've been recommending people call 3 customer care and try to get the issue fixed

One thing I could do is set up a second 3 sending script that sends the message anyway and tell you how to redirect to it, so you could use it with the understanding that the message might not have sent. Do you want me to do that?

One thing I could do is set up a second 3 sending script that sends the message anyway and tell you how to redirect to it, so you could use it with the understanding that the message might not have sent. Do you want me to do that?

That'd be great thanks :D

Just speaking to Three as well and seeing why its reporting the -1 as well.

That'd be great thanks :D

Just speaking to Three as well and seeing why its reporting the -1 as well.
    I'm out now so I can't do it right away. I'll post here when I've done it

Hi KTRIC, sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I've put that script up now. to use it do this in the app:

Press Menu->Settings->Server side script URL and change it from http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php to http://cabbagetexter.com/sendktric.php

Every time you send a message it should report that you have 0 messages left. Let me know if it doesn't work for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement