Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Hi KTRIC, sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I've put that script up now. to use it do this in the app:

Press Menu->Settings->Server side script URL and change it from http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php to http://cabbagetexter.com/sendktric.php

Every time you send a message it should report that you have 0 messages left. Let me know if it doesn't work for you

Looks like it worked :D Thanks for that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'll look into that

Cabbage is saying that I have zero Web texts which is now correct. But if I try to send a text it says that it has been sent even though it hasn't.

I have been sending texts & wondering why no one replied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭mollymosfet

Not working for me on O2. Refusing connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

I changed my message alert tone but as well as the new one, the old one is still sounding as well, presumably from the cabbage app. Does anyone know if it can be changed? I turned the phone off & on again in the hope that it might sort it but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

ffm wrote: »
    I changed my message alert tone but as well as the new one, the old one is still sounding as well, presumably from the cabbage app. Does anyone know if it can be changed? I turned the phone off & on again in the hope that it might sort it but no joy.

Sounds like you've both the stock message notification and cabbage notification on at the same time. whichever one you dont want you can turn it off under its settings

I've turned the message notification off on the cabbage app & I've changed the tone in the phone settings. It's still playing the original tone :mad:

Cabbage Ultimate has stopped working for me again. Anyone else having problems?

*** Edit*** Working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Irish Cabbage Lite hasn't being working for me for the last week or so.

I'm getting the "Failed at the final sending message stage".

I'm with O2. Is anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

John83 wrote: »
    Irish Cabbage Lite hasn't being working for me for the last week or so.

I'm getting the "Failed at the final sending message stage".

I'm with O2. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yup. Thread about it here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056985672

Only O2 affected it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Yeah still major problems sending from Vodafone. Captcha always gets presented when set as a direct connection, via cabbagetexter.com server doesnt work at all.

Perhaps the send.php could be stored somewhere else as the cabbagetexter.com server seems to have been IP banned by Vodafone.

Bast*ards!!! First captcha.....now this :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I want to upgrade to your Cabbage Ultimate but I think there might be some issues with Cabbage and Tesco at the moment. Tesco changed their website recently and forced users to reregister. Now you just login with your phone number instead of a separate username. I've tried a few different options with the account details in Cabbage but it can't get past the 'Please wait... Verifying account...' dialog. I didn't see anything about it on boards. Are you aware of an issue? Is there a workaround?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I can't get logged into Vodafone at all using Cabbage Ultimate, anyone else having this issue?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I just sent myself a message using webtext with Vodafone & it came through very quickly. Didn't even look for the captcha . I have the sending method set to 'direct'.I use cabbage ultimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just set it up on my phone - am with 3.

Can log onto webtexts online just fine - but am getting 'Could not connect to network website' over 3G and WiFi when I try to authenticate / send texts from Cabbage.

EDIT: Had "Sending method" set as 'Via Server" but when I try "Direct Connection", I get "Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted"

EDIT 2: Never mind.. took blobbie's advice in other thread and am using TextDroid without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

It's a problem with a change at three login page, cabbage is now defunct I reckon, few of us have repeatedly contacted app developer to no avail, if you look at textdroids recent change log, it was updated in last few weeks to fix three error, cabbage is a far superior app, it's a shame it's not being addressed

Stuxnet wrote: »
    It's a problem with a change at three login page, cabbage is now defunct I reckon, few of us have repeatedly contacted app developer to no avail, if you look at textdroids recent change log, it was updated in last few weeks to fix three error, cabbage is a far superior app, it's a shame it's not being addressed

Textdroid won't work for me with Vodafone....working for you guys!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This won't play ball for me. First time it wouldn't verify my account (Vodafone), seemed to get that sorted, but was still unable to text. IO exception was the next thing, iirc, and also what Basq posted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Buy Textdroid Pro and it will work with Vodafone. It also shows up the Captcha very quickly. I'm sticking with this as my default SMS client unless/until Cabbage fixes the captcha and connection through their server.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I'm experiencing a few bugs running the app on a Meteor S4 Mini, 4.2.2 (although I'll preface them by saying I love Cabbage and I've found it massively handy).

First off, it won't display my contact image in message threads. Not a huge deal, but it's a little off-putting to see a blank silhouette every second message.

I'm also finding the app will force quit and delete my message if I'm typing at the same time as another text coming in.

Lastly, the communication between Cabbage and my native inbox isn't great. If I read a message in Cabbage first it's not marked as read in my native inbox, and in fact even after I do open it there the unread text notification won't disappear. Also certain messages I send via real SMS don't show up in my Cabbage threads.

Just a few small things really, but fixing them would mean a huge boost in terms of usability. Thanks again for developing such a useful app!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

groom wrote: »
    I want to upgrade to your Cabbage Ultimate

Don't

I have it - and love it - but it doesn't seem like it gets updated quickly or at all when issues occur.

The line seems to be the developer is busy - and obviously the mobile prioviders don't play fair - which is fair enough but if that's the case, don't pay for the app if it's supported intermittently or eventually not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

anncoates wrote: »
    Don't

I have it - and love it - but it doesn't seem like it gets updated quickly or at all when issues occur.

The line seems to be the developer is busy - and obviously the mobile prioviders don't play fair - which is fair enough but if that's the case, don't pay for the app if it's supported intermittently or eventually not at all

Ann your response seems a little harsh, don't you think? The app costs all of 99 cents i.e. €0.99. On what intergalactic scale of values could that not be considered worth buying? What else can one get for a euro? Cabbage Ultimate works very well for me on Meteor, and has done for a number of years. It has paid for itself over and over.

It obviously works well for a lot of other people too.

kesey wrote: »

It obviously works well for a lot of other people too.

Not for three and VF anymore.

Not knocking the developer or begrudging the money I paid but why encourage somebody to buy the paid version as things stand?

Not for three and VF anymore.

Not knocking the developer or begrudging the money I paid but why encourage somebody to buy the paid version as things stand?

I'm with Vodafone & its working fine for me. Just tested it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cabbage is now working with Three again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Simply because it is superb value at €0.99. Why the blazes would the developer give his time and energy to maintain a product if people are not prepared to pay half the price of a daily newspaper?

I appreciate where you are coming from, but this is a good, useful product and the developer should be encouraged. Mol an óige etc:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Why the blazes would the developer give his time and energy to maintain a product if people are not prepared to pay half the price of a daily newspaper?

I'd gladly pay alot more if it works on Tesco Mobile again.

I appreciate where you are coming from, but this is a good, useful product and the developer should be encouraged. Mol an óige etc:-)

Never said it wasn't or denigrated the work Sam has put into it.

Thanks for the fix too, btw.

To echo the poster above, I'd also pay a lot more for it in the right circumstances although I understand that it's a battle to keep ahead of some of the networks

jgbyr wrote: »
    I'm with Vodafone & its working fine for me. Just tested it there.

Not working for me with Vodafone....it can't verify my account yet I can log in fine to www.vodafone.ie with the same username and password!?

Cheers,
    M

Edit: Keep getting a message saying "Could not connect to network website"!??

madmoe wrote: »
    Not working for me with Vodafone....it can't verify my account yet I can log in fine to www.vodafone.ie with the same username and password!?

Cheers,
    M

Edit: Keep getting a message saying "Could not connect to network website"!??
    Strange. I just tried it again & the message sent with even presenting the captcha. I haven't reentered my details in the app in a long time , I'd be afraid what could happen now.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Strange. I just tried it again & the message sent with even presenting the captcha. I haven't reentered my details in the app in a long time , I'd be afraid what could happen now.

Definitely won't work for me :-( I have tried to get it working on Cabbage Ultimate and on Cabbage Lite and the same message appears when I try to add my Vodafone details!??

When I add my O2 details it immediately connects and I can send messages no problem at all!??

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

Definitely won't work for me :-( I have tried to get it working on Cabbage Ultimate and on Cabbage Lite and the same message appears when I try to add my Vodafone details!??

When I add my O2 details it immediately connects and I can send messages no problem at all!??

Cheers,
    M

Have you the sending method set to direct connection.

Working for me on vodafone as well. It has stopped working a few times since I got it about 18 months ago but it always comes back. The longest was about 2 months.

ffm wrote: »
    Working for me on vodafone as well. It has stopped working a few times since I got it about 18 months ago but it always comes back. The longest was about 2 months.

Got it working guys.....changed it to Direct Connection and was then able to get my account verified!

Got it working guys.....changed it to Direct Connection and was then able to get my account verified!

Glad it's sorted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Working now thanks to the above. Do you still go through the captcha thing, I've some other Cabbage thing installed to bypass it, but I don't think it works.

Working now thanks to the above. Do you still go through the captcha thing, I've some other Cabbage thing installed to bypass it, but I don't think it works.

Yep, can't speak for others but most of the time I have to enter the captcha.

Same here, always have to enter capctcha even thought I have the app installed to bypass it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

So has the developer abandoned this project altogether now if I'd have known that I'd have never purchased this app, I need this app to send Web texts as I'm not topping up my phone till next week and my texts have expired and not everyone has WhatsApp and Viber so now when I don't have my Tablet with me and it's costing me to send text messages.

Moral of the story is if you release a paid app you should at least provide updates, look at titanium backup, massive amount of downloads and constant updates in Google play.

Tesco Mobile BTW

Simply because it is superb value at €0.99. Why the blazes would the developer give his time and energy to maintain a product if people are not prepared to pay half the price of a daily newspaper?

I don't deny this app is good value, just look at WhatsApp seriously good value for money and constant updates , however regardless of price surely it doesn't too work just to fix a problem like on Tesco mobile, 2/3 hours maybe.

I'm gonna have to consider getting Textdroid pro if this isn't fixed soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

jonnny68 wrote: »
    So has the developer abandoned this project altogether now if I'd have known that I'd have never purchased this app, I need this app to send Web texts as I'm not topping up my phone till next week and my texts have expired and not everyone has WhatsApp and Viber so now when I don't have my Tablet with me and it's costing me to send text messages.

Moral of the story is if you release a paid app you should at least provide updates, look at titanium backup, massive amount of downloads and constant updates in Google play.

Tesco Mobile BTW
    If you're on Tesco then download the My Tesco Mobile app. It has Webtexts support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

Has the developer really abandoned this project? NOO!!!

Has anyone come up with an alternative for O2. The keep changing their website and making it worse.

If you're on Tesco then download the My Tesco Mobile app. It has Webtexts support

I actually just done this today, it's alright but just a bit awkward to use and I'd sooner use cabbage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Getting fed up with lack of any acknowledgement from developer of this app, he still takes in the money Im sure, I downloaded the source code for his app freely from his website. The software is distributed freely under GPL licensing, so anybody can download and modify and re-distribute.

I familiar enough with java, from what I can gather in the code, he doesn't have hardcoded in the three webtext URL, depending on where you have your mobile account a call is made to another file on his server that contains all the URL's from each mobile provider,
    varStore.setVar("server","http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php");

if they were hardcoded in the android version we could simply make the correction for the new three.ie webtext page

I dont know enough to hack the stuff, to make it work

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

:o Oops...

Had been writing and following on another thread and missed this one, but just an FYI for anyone interested and while we patiently wait for Cabbage devs to fix their app, Textdroid Pro and Free, have both been updated to fix an issue with o2 login and as far as I know works well on Three and the other Irish carriers too.

Textdroid PRO (Paid)

Textdroid (Free)

Not as good or as functional as Cabbage, but will work for any that need it in the meantime.

Please Cabbage devs, get the finger out! :P

dubecho wrote: »
    :o Oops...

Had been writing and following on another thread and missed this one, but just an FYI for anyone interested and while we patiently wait for Cabbage devs to fix their app, Textdroid Pro and Free, have both been updated to fix an issue with o2 login and as far as I know works well on Three and the other Irish carriers too.

Textdroid PRO (Paid)

Textdroid (Free)

Not as good or as functional as Cabbage, but will work for any that need it in the meantime.

Please Cabbage devs, get the finger out! :P

Textdroid isn't working for me in Belfast. Not sure why. Just cannot validate my account :mad:

Textdroid isn't working for me in Belfast. Not sure why. Just cannot validate my account :mad:

Are you trying with or without the +353? Seems you do it without, hope that helps, other than that can't think of anything, as working here.

Can you login on the website OK?

Yep can login to the website fine. Just can't validate the account with the number as 08*. Cheers for the concern though.

It may be to do with the IP being not Irish and therefore needing the validation code. I don't know if Textdroid worked for people abroad before? Perhaps some wiley fox could enlighten us in this regard :D

Yep can login to the website fine. Just can't validate the account with the number as 08*. Cheers for the concern though.

It may be to do with the IP being not Irish and therefore needing the validation code. I don't know if Textdroid worked for people abroad before? Perhaps some wiley fox could enlighten us in this regard :D

LOL... playing thread hopscotch.

That could be an issue alright, hopefully someone else outside of Ireland can try it and see.
    Sorry to tie up two Cabbage threads with Textdroid issue.

@magical marshmallow, just a quick update, being that at this time of night I don't wish to hop on a plane to test this in another country, I did the next best thing and using a VPN and UK IP, I was able to recreate your problem and I too was unable to login to o2 via Textdroid, so no joy, sorry about that, seems one has to have IRL IP to login via the app and o2.

One glimmer of hope though, the o2 site seems to be a little intermittent tonight, in that I tried login earlier and it told me I was locked out, contact o2 Customer Care (or don't care depending on the day and issue), but moments later I was able to login no problem, so the o2 elves, could well be working on the site as we speak and maybe tomorrow things will be different or they will just have locked Textdroid out and we are all back to square one again ...lol

Anyways, g'night from me :)

• Advertisement

Boourns! Guess it's not happening then. Outta luck

Advertisement