Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hello. I'm sorry I've been out of communication for a while. My list of terrible excuses is as follows:
    I got married and organising it took up a lot of my time
    I got very busy at work and didn't want to do more when I got home
    I found out I had an LDL cholesterol level of 9.7 (which is very very bad for those who don't know cholesterol levels) which, although being mostly caused by genetic factors, had to be brought down which involved a lot of exercising.

Generally for the past few months I've always had something more important to do than fix Cabbage problems. But I have been very rude in ignoring the large number of emails sitting in my inbox so I'm sorry about that. There are now so many that I'll probably never get through them all so hopefully just fixing the problems will be enough to satisfy people

I've just released a new version of Cabbage Ultimate that should fix O2 messaging. I've just released ultimate for now so that people can download it and tell me if there are any major problems with it before I release the free version.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a large number of emails that I haven't gone through yet so I don't know if there are any other major problems that need immediate fixing. I've just this second realised that Tesco Mobile isn't working so I'll have to get another Tesco sim card to fix that because they seem to have a whole new system. That is unless someone wants to pm me their login to use for testing.

Other than that, what are the major issues that people are having now?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Hello Sam,
    Let me first offer my congratulations on your wedding and wish you the best of futures together, may your ups and downs be mostly between the sheets :p

Great to have Cabbage back working again too!

v1.80 working here on o2, message sent and message received, can't ask for better than that icon14.png

One small thing though, had not noticed this on the previous version, may well have been there, but if I open the app and then menu > Remaining messages, all goes well, please wait... popup, Checking messages... and a toast with remaining messages comes and goes (very small font, old eyes might ask for bigger ;) ), all good.
    If I go into create a new message and then go menu > more > remaining messages, all goes as above and in addition to the remaining messages toast coming and going, one gets this popup...

2MZhNop.jpg

May or may not mean something to you, but means less to me ...lol

Actually, what may have some bearing on it, o2 are still having an ongoing "we're fixing it" issue :rolleyes: in that sent messages, stay showing as sent and don't change to delivered, when they have been delivered.

Just thought I would point it out anyway and as I say, for me anyway, working as designed and much appreciated it is too :)

Can I be cheeky and at risk of pushing my luck, will there be an update on Cabbage desktop version, in the pipeline too? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Congratulations. Good luck with dragons. I'm a big fan of the desktop app. Cycling helps a lot with the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Cabbage ultimate working with Tesco now.
    Fair play Sam

I might have spoken too soon. When I send a text it gets received as 'testthing'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Generally for the past few months I've always had something more important to do than fix Cabbage problems. But I have been very rude in ignoring the large number of emails sitting in my inbox so I'm sorry about that.
    Other than that, what are the major issues that people are having now?

Nice one Sam,

Im currently androidless atm, kid broke my phone, but three.ie login was broken also, glad you are back, alot of us me included were getting vexed, cabbage is a very important app for a lot of people (clubs and small business, we rely on it to keep costs down), bad form to ignore paying customers. Glad you haven't disappeared, and congrats on the wedding :)

Cabbage is hands down best available webtext app for android in Ireland !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Hello. I'm sorry I've been out of communication for a while. My list of terrible excuses is as follows:.....
    Congrats on the first excuse, and the second and third are not mutually exclusive, so best of luck getting them sorted. :)

Just to thank you, and confirm that Cabbage with O2 is now working again for me in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

groom wrote: »
    Cabbage ultimate working with Tesco now.
    Fair play Sam

Oh really, nice one I'll try logging on now

Sam thanks for getting back to us and congratulations on getting married

I might have spoken too soon. When I send a text it gets received as 'testthing'

Oh dear I've just seen this one :-\

Oh dear I've just seen this one :-\

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry about that. I had the message text hard coded for testing. I've fixed it now. Can you try it and confirm?

dubecho wrote: »
    One small thing though, had not noticed this on the previous version, may well have been there, but if I open the app and then menu > Remaining messages, all goes well, please wait... popup, Checking messages... and a toast with remaining messages comes and goes (very small font, old eyes might ask for bigger ;) ), all good.
    If I go into create a new message and then go menu > more > remaining messages, all goes as above and in addition to the remaining messages toast coming and going, one gets this popup...

2MZhNop.jpg

May or may not mean something to you, but means less to me ...lol

Actually, what may have some bearing on it, o2 are still having an ongoing "we're fixing it" issue :rolleyes: in that sent messages, stay showing as sent and don't change to delivered, when they have been delivered.

Just thought I would point it out anyway and as I say, for me anyway, working as designed and much appreciated it is too :)
    Sorry about that. I've removed that from the code and barring any other major problems I'll release the fix today or tomorrow.
    Can I be cheeky and at risk of pushing my luck, will there be an update on Cabbage desktop version, in the pipeline too? :o
    Yes you can :)
    Again I want to make sure it's working before I unleash it on the general public. Can you download one of these and try it out:
    With installer:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.99.1.exe
    Without:
    http://http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbage_1.99.1.zip

Thanks

edit:Tesco should be working with this too

Yeah sorry about that. I had the message text hard coded for testing. I've fixed it now. Can you try it and confirm?

Yep all good now. And I love Ultimate. Well worth the €1

[Snip]...
    Again I want to make sure it's working before I unleash it on the general public. Can you download one of these and try it out:
    ...[End Snip]

Hi Sam,
    Just downloaded the non installer version, and working ok here on o2 anyways, sent a few texts out and all received, Good job icon14.png

Just on a totally aesthetic point, would it be possible to use the icon from the Android version in the desktop version? :) Nicer greener looking cabbage ...lol
    I do change the icon on a desktop shortcut, but the old icon still there on the task bar when maximised and in system tray when minimised. Not a big issue as I said, but worth a shot asking.

Everyone loves Cabbage! yzoof8k.png (just not Brussel sprouts) ePTQJbT.png

Thanks again, great work.

Not working on Tesco for me it just says "please wait.... Verifying account" and does nothing else :-\

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Not working on Tesco for me it just says "please wait.... Verifying account" and does nothing else :-\

Android or desktop version, or both?

Are you using the paid version? What values are you putting in which fields? Which value are you using for sending method?

Hi Sam,
    Just downloaded the non installer version, and working ok here on o2 anyways, sent a few texts out and all received, Good job icon14.png

Just on a totally aesthetic point, would it be possible to use the icon from the Android version in the desktop version? :) Nicer greener looking cabbage ...lol
    I do change the icon on a desktop shortcut, but the old icon still there on the task bar when maximised and in system tray when minimised. Not a big issue as I said, but worth a shot asking.

Everyone loves Cabbage! yzoof8k.png (just not Brussel sprouts) ePTQJbT.png

Thanks again, great work.

The icon is built into the exe so I don't think it's possible to change it yourself. And someone actually made that icon for me a few years ago so I'd feel bad changing it now :P

The original icon was the one at the top left of my website which I thikn you'll agree was much worse: http://cabbagetexter.com/

I found that that happened when the I put in the wrong password. For some reason it didn't return a page saying that the login was invalid, it just hung forever. Are you sure you have the right password and did you put your phone number into the username text box?

edit: and do you have the sending method set to Via server (menu->Settings->Sending method->Via server)

The icon is built into the exe so I don't think it's possible to change it yourself. And someone actually made that icon for me a few years ago so I'd feel bad changing it now :P

The original icon was the one at the top left of my website which I thikn you'll agree was much worse: http://cabbagetexter.com/

Nothing is impossible :D but it's cool, I'll leave it be and yes I agree, the original was a little lacking ...lol

Have a good one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

So I'm trying the non-installer version for O2 and I'm getting an error 07 netwrok precheck, the test a/c works ok and its able to tell me how many messages I've left so it seems to be able to access all right

any thoughts? Ta

Working on Tesco Mobile now ;-)

FoneSense, although a good idea, does not work on rooted devices, pity that.

will3001 wrote: »
    So I'm trying the non-installer version for O2 and I'm getting an error 07 netwrok precheck, the test a/c works ok and its able to tell me how many messages I've left so it seems to be able to access all right

any thoughts? Ta

Getting same here, but...
    http://www.o2online.ie/maintenancePages/O2PortalMaintenance.html

O2.ie is currently unavailable

O2.ie is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance and will be unavailable until 4:30 AM on Tuesday,October 29th.We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Might explain it, for now anyway. Anyones guess what they will break this time :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I can confirm that the new version works perfectly for Vodafone. Direct connection now works and subsequently the captcha pickup automatically works. This is almost the perfect web text app. My only minor grumble (and it is very minor) is the time taken to detect captcha. Text droid is noticeably quicker in this regard but is an inferior all round app to cabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

the contacts don't seem to pop up in the sending box in the phonesense versoon like the older version.

is the phonesense.version interacting with the contacts list?

it is workin fine with o2.

Great app.

Oh wonderful Sam's back! :) Must re-install Cabbage Ultimate on my Nexus 4! Happy days. Thanks Sam!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Thanks Sam. All well on Three.

anncoates wrote: »
    Thanks Sam. All well on Three.

No joy for me on three, can login but get "Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted"

N5, on 4.4

I got three working using MySMS with Cabbage Websms connector ! great combo, lovely UI with tron theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

app is down again :(

Looks to be working OK on Tesco Mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Ya working for me no problems

• Advertisement

Aye seems to be broken for three.ie... still/again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Ultimate working fine on 3

there was an issue yesterday afternoon/evening with 3 webtext site but all working fine now

blobbie wrote: »
    Ultimate working fine on 3

there was an issue yesterday afternoon/evening with 3 webtext site but all working fine now

It works if you send your text via server, which is default option in settings. I dont feel comfortable sending my unencrypted texts through a third party server ?? If you have send through "direct connection" option in settings, its still broken and fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Seems to be down on Three again.

Anyone else have an issue?

Cabbage Ultimate with sending Via Server enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Three still down for me :(

• Advertisement

Sam's too busy off making babies to fix things!!!! :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Sam's too busy off making babies to fix things!!!! :D:)

Not working for me either. Any news from developer? There's a level of support expected for paid for apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Yep down for me again too. Originally I could not verify my account so thought it might have been a Three issue, but I've verified that and have that working ok again on desktop/pad. I wonder if Three are continuously making changes to 'break' cabbage after Sam fixes it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I really wish I didn't bother paying for the app as it has been so unstable for ages now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Even if it ceases to work anymore I've more than got my moneys worth over the years so I couldn't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

Vahevala wrote: »
    I really wish I didn't bother paying for the app as it has been so unstable for ages now.

How much did you pay for it? 99 cent, was it?

You must be absolutely devastated! I hope you manage to get through this tough time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

Textdroid is still working on three. So hopefully just a minor update needed. Textdroid will get me through but I would prefer my cabbage fix. Always been a great app I won't be jumping ship unless I really have to... come back Sam all is forgiven !!!

ffm wrote: »
    How much did you pay for it? 99 cent, was it?

You must be absolutely devastated! I hope you manage to get through this tough time.

I think w're all just fed up that's it not working as it's so good when it does work. I paid the 99c as well and am disappointed. Not because I lost money but I thought that by buying it and supporting it then it would continue to work. Hope Sam gets a chance to fix it up again! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

it's worked on vodafone all along for me - great app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

It wasn't working for me for the past while on vodafone, but I uninstalled the whole lot and reinstalled. Works fine now. No idea why that should fix it, but it just might help some of you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement