Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Back up and running on Three network for me the past 2 days. Thanks Sam, if you are reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Following a tip off here I uninstalled it and reinstalled Cabbage and its working now again on Three :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Is cabbage working ok for people on Vodafone. It crashes for me when sending. Uninstalled & reinstalled but it makes no difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

jgbyr wrote: »
    Is cabbage working ok for people on Vodafone. It crashes for me when sending. Uninstalled & reinstalled but it makes no difference.
    Been working fine for me all the time....I have the paid one...but at 99c, it has paid for itself many times over.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Been working fine for me all the time....I have the paid one...but at 99c, it has paid for itself many times over.

Have the paid version myself. Went to use it last night & it keeps crashing when sending a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭whytek

Been trying to get in touch with Sam since a while back about this, but no joy - could anybody else please make available the latest server side scripts?

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lou22

Just updated to KitKat, now sent messages are no longer appearing in my inbox. Any workarounds/suggested inbox apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

Lou22 wrote: »
    Just updated to KitKat, now sent messages are no longer appearing in my inbox. Any workarounds/suggested inbox apps?

is this anything to do with Google trying to push hangouts as the SMS app in 4.4? you should be able to check this in the settings ( under "more....")
    I'm using cabbage paid and I can see messages on both messaging and cabbage inbox. on cm 11 nightlies which is 4.4 too

It seems to be related to the change, yes. Within Cabbage I've ticked the option to display sent messages in the default inbox, and I've changed default inbox around several times to try to trigger a change, but they are still refusing to show up anywhere outside cabbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Its because Google have updated how it manages the SMS database in KitKat.
    From 4.4 onwards only the default SMS app can write new messages to the SMS database. So unless you set Cabbage as the default SMS app it won't be able to write sent texts so that they show up in your normal SMS app.

As far as I know Cabbage lite doesn't support becoming the default SMS app, where as Cabbage Ultimate does.

Right so, I'll either upgrade to ultimate or see if I can come up with an alternative... I like the new Messaging app in general but send almost everything through Cabbage so having them totally separate will do my head in eventually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Right so, I'll either upgrade to ultimate or see if I can come up with an alternative... I like the new Messaging app in general but send almost everything through Cabbage so having them totally separate will do my head in eventually!

Pay the 99c so and don't be such a tightass. :rolleyes:

I have the ultimate, but it it no longer works. Crashes whenever I try to send a message.

Not being a tightass, just haven't got a payment method linked to my Google account yet :)

There's no point in buying it is there? I think it's only working with Three at the minute? Seems to be all but dead anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There's no point in buying it is there? I think it's only working with Three at the minute? Seems to be all but dead anyway.

Working fine for me on Emobile and Meteor. Also working for the missus on VF.

Err yeah that's what I said....well worth the money! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Workaround:
    Android 4.4/4.4.1: Enable Write SMS permission through App Ops.

Android 4.4.2: Root your phone. Install Xposed Installer. Install App Ops Xposed Module. Enable Write SMS permission through App Ops.

I've been doing this since Kitkat was first released for the Nexus 4 (in November). Works flawlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Have you tried SwiftSMS same as Cabbage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Getting the "Failed to get remaining messages, aborted" error. vodafone

ANy ideas, or have they changed something on their end? Web site seems to be ok and reposts remaining messages there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭ffm

Same thing happened me. But when I then tried to log in to my vodafone account online, for whatever reason, it wouldn't let me & I had to change my password. I then uninstalled Cabbage on my phone & installed it again with my new password & it now works fine.

Might not work for you but it's worth a shot.

ffm wrote: »
    Same thing happened me. But when I then tried to log in to my vodafone account online, for whatever reason, it wouldn't let me & I had to change my password. I then uninstalled Cabbage on my phone & installed it again with my new password & it now works fine.

Might not work for you but it's worth a shot.

Oh maybe the are finally enforcing strong passwords then? Mine has been a 4 digit number since day 0 and it's been nagging me to change it for ages :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Three not working for me since yesterday, anyone else in the same boat?? Getting a "Could not connect to Network Website" error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ste05 wrote: »
    Three not working for me since yesterday, anyone else in the same boat?? Getting a "Could not connect to Network Website" error.

Yea, I'm getting that message since Friday:mad:.

Same here too on Three "Could not connect to Network Website"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I'm running cabbage on a tablet, but it does not allow me to enter new contacts no's etc? also, its got contacts no of people I don't want in the contact list, but I cant seem to delete them. any help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭craigmcc

Saw this on the Three Forum (might apply to other networks...)
    Hi Guys :)

Rob here from SwiftSMS, we are back online :)

Happy texting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 goofontour

Was also getting "Failed to get remaining messages, aborted" error for about the last week on vodafone
    Uninstalled from phone and re-installed - now seems ok again. - worth a try.

All working well again here too since the weekend (Three network)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

goofontour wrote: »
    Was also getting "Failed to get remaining messages, aborted" error for about the last week on vodafone
    Uninstalled from phone and re-installed - now seems ok again. - worth a try.

Worked for me although will now only send messages to first 5 contacts in my group.

• Advertisement

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Worked for me although will now only send messages to first 5 contacts in my group.

The change Three made was to how they handled the recipients of webtexts. Originally they changed their server side to only allow this new method, so it looks like now they have reverted the server side to be backward compatible.

So it's possible that Cabbage will still need to be updated to handle sending to 5+ contacts at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    The change Three made was to how they handled the recipients of webtexts. Originally they changed their server side to only allow this new method, so it looks like now they have reverted the server side to be backward compatible.

So it's possible that Cabbage will still need to be updated to handle sending to 5+ contacts at a time.

My bad on this. I am with Vodafone.

MICKEYG wrote: »
    My bad on this. I am with Vodafone.

haha, well the same still applies, Cabbage will need to be updated to handle 5+ but on Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Vodafone the absolute shower of ***** have put recaptcha on their webtext

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. That can't be autodetected and dont know even if it can be displayed through cabbage.

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Vodafone the absolute shower of ***** have put recaptcha on their webtext

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. That can't be autodetected and dont know even if it can be displayed through cabbage.

The sods. Just checked it out, and it's not being displayed. Cabbage has been wonderful for me, particularly when abroad. Ah well, I certanily got my 99 cent worth......but I'll miss it, bug time.

Hey, just sent a web text from Vodafone.ie, and looks like normal captcha has been restored. Checked cabbage too - back working. Happy days - i'm travelling this week!

Cabbage crashes on Moto G with kit kat on sending, uninstalling the captcha app fixes it (vodafone)

Also sent messages are not saved in the android messaging app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

cabbage not working for vodafone international texts. i think vodafone have implemented a new system where it texts me a verification code before the thing will send.

vodafone are an annoying bunch of ***********. its too bad they are the only ones offering the sure signal.

b*****rds

Spipov wrote: »
    cabbage not working for vodafone international texts. i think vodafone have implemented a new system where it texts me a verification code before the thing will send.

vodafone are an annoying bunch of ***********. its too bad they are the only ones offering the sure signal.

b*****rds

It hasn't worked for me on Vodafone for a long time now. Switched to Swift Sms & it works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Moved my number over to three today from vodafone. Cabbage working great with three, no more captcha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

I'm also getting the "Request failed while trying to get remaining messages. Aborted" message. I'm on O2, but not in Ireland currently. Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Meteor now allow 100 international texts, is there anyway of getting this updated so Cabbage can deal with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Does cabbage work on a nokia windows phone?

Nope, but there are other options on Windows Phone.
    Noelle I think is the name of one I used when I had Windows Phone 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amjo92

I just got the OnePlus phone that runs the android based operating system Cyanogen. Cabbage works with it but it no longer puts my sent messages into my actual messages. The setting to do this is ticked. Any1 experienced similar problems any ideas how I can fix this? I'm going 2 have 2 go back to paying for my txt messages if it stays like this :( the fact that the sent messages save in the conversation on the phone is the only reason I use cabbage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

My wife has a 1+1 phone and cabbage works as normal. I'd have a look down through your settings again or do a reinstall.

amjo92 wrote: »
    I just got the OnePlus phone that runs the android based operating system Cyanogen. Cabbage works with it but it no longer puts my sent messages into my actual messages. The setting to do this is ticked. Any1 experienced similar problems any ideas how I can fix this? I'm going 2 have 2 go back to paying for my txt messages if it stays like this :( the fact that the sent messages save in the conversation on the phone is the only reason I use cabbage.

That's a limitation that was introduces into Android KitKat. Only the default SMS app has access to write to the SMS database from KitKat onward.

In my webtext app I have managed to workaround this limitation in KitKat. So you could try it out.
    Unfortunately the same workaround doesn't work in Lollipop though.
    Link in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any cabbage type app for a windows phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    That's a limitation that was introduces into Android KitKat. Only the default SMS app has access to write to the SMS database from KitKat onward.
    This is and isn't correct. You're correct about the SMS app only having Write permissions, however, if you've rooted your phone, install XPosed Installer, get AppOps and it will allow you to give permission to Cabbage to write to the SMS Database.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Hey, just wondering has there been any updates to the URL's in the 02.send.php script since 04/05/2012?

• Advertisement
Advertisement