Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

If you start typing in the first few letters, the name/number of that person should appear in a drop-down list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Baza210 wrote: »
    If you start typing in the first few letters, the name/number of that person should appear in a drop-down list.

No nothing happens, i can go into recent and see the last ones i put in manually. But nothing happens when i begin a name/number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    No nothing happens, i can go into recent and see the last ones i put in manually. But nothing happens when i begin a name/number.

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭ryderster

Hi Baza210,
    They are two great ideas.
    Ill add them to list of things to do. Just hard finding time to get around to this at the moment.

regards,
    ryderster

Hi boc121 and Darksaga87,
    What type of phones handsets do you have?
    Have you imported your sim contacts to your google contacts?

Regards,
    ryderster

• Advertisement

ryderster wrote: »
    Hi boc121 and Darksaga87,
    What type of phones handsets do you have?
    Have you imported your sim contacts to your google contacts?

Regards,
    ryderster

Im on the Desire. AFAIK, they are all inported.

Is there a way to check? Ive got my Gmail account set up and I have imported all contacts from the sim card.

Em Sorry I dont have a Desire so I am not sure exactly how to check if contacts are imported to google contacts.

If they are imported it should work with you.

If you read earlier posts, they explain how to import sim contacts to google contacts on the desire.

Regards,
    ryderster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Getting quite a few Force Closes in the last day or two.

Hero, Modaco 3.1.

I've noticed when I have Cabbage open, and I get an incoming message, I use Handcent, then I get the force close.

Not every time, but occasionally.

None the less, great app, I've ploughed through my texts this month in 2 weeks, and its really come in handy.

After messing around for a bit, i got it working, although, now i have like 4 directories of contacts. Dunno what happend there. ah well, I got what I needed from it.

Thanks again for the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Great app, just installed it on the Desire, way better than jsms so far. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

After messing around for a bit, i got it working, although, now i have like 4 directories of contacts. Dunno what happend there. ah well, I got what I needed from it.

Thanks again for the app.

What did you do?
    I can only see recent contacts that I added manually :confused:

EDIT: btw, absolutely superb app. Kudos to the developer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bomber6

johnp wrote: »
    What did you do?
    I can only see recent contacts that I added manually :confused:

EDIT: btw, absolutely superb app. Kudos to the developer :)
    I gave an explanation on how to solve this. Look for it within this thread...it's there somewhere :)

It involved a lot of moving contacts from phone to sim to google contacts.

You need to have a google account set up AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

its a fantastic app.I have one question ,does it work if im abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Bomber6 wrote: »
    I gave an explanation on how to solve this. Look for it within this thread...it's there somewhere :)

It involved a lot of moving contacts from phone to sim to google contacts.

You need to have a google account set up AFAIK.

Cheers lads, worked a charm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Hi guys,

I hear great things about this app...

However, given I'm very new to Android/Smartphones, I'm clueless. I have a 2 day old Desire, and I've tried to download and install cabbage, but I have just got .jar/.jad files that I cannot open. What do I need to do? Do I need to root it before installing?

Thanks in advance!

I think you've downloaded the version Sam Vimes made for Nokia phones. To install Cabbage for Android you need to open up the Market application and search for "Cabbage". I believe it's called "Irish Cabbage Lite". Then tap that and install it.

I think you've downloaded the version Sam Vimes made for Nokia phones. To install Cabbage for Android you need to open up the Market application and search for "Cabbage". I believe it's called "Irish Cabbage Lite". Then tap that and install it.

You're a gent, working for me now...

However, all I seem to be able to see is "Recent", "Send SMS", and "Clear", with two fields, one for number and one for message body.

Am I missing something? Is there any functionality for contact import/selection etc? Or am I using a lite version or something? The changelog on the cabbage page mentions updates in these areas for the mobile version.

Thanks again, apologies for the ignorance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

consultech wrote: »
    You're a gent, working for me now...

However, all I seem to be able to see is "Recent", "Send SMS", and "Clear", with two fields, one for number and one for message body.

Am I missing something? Is there any functionality for contact import/selection etc? Or am I using a lite version or something? The changelog on the cabbage page mentions updates in these areas for the mobile version.

Thanks again, apologies for the ignorance!

The website you are looking at is a similar app, but runs on java and is not relevant to Android phones. If you hit the menu button you can set up your account (i.e put in mobile number and website password). The app uses your phonebook on the phone so tap the field and start typing a name and it appears.

eoferrall wrote: »
    The website you are looking at is a similar app, but runs on java and is not relevant to Android phones. If you hit the menu button you can set up your account (i.e put in mobile number and website password). The app uses your phonebook on the phone so tap the field and start typing a name and it appears.

I still have nothing in the way of drop down or appearing names. I've tried sending a message to my/friend's number by typing the name in the top box exactly as it is spelled in my phone contacts, but no message has delivered?

• Advertisement

I still have nothing in the way of drop down or appearing names. I've tried sending a message to my/friend's number by typing the name in the top box exactly as it is spelled in my phone contacts, but no message has delivered?

Have you set up your account? the menu button and then config account. there is no drop down, the top area you can type names in. BUt having said that some people have had issues and have to sync everything with gmail as far as I am aware to get cabbage to recognise the names in phonebook. it seems to be to do with how android deals with numbers and the apps access to the information. this might be your issue re numbers not appearing, but typing in the numbers should send a msg if the account is set up.

eoferrall wrote: »
    Have you set up your account? the menu button and then config account. there is no drop down, the top area you can type names in. BUt having said that some people have had issues and have to sync everything with gmail as far as I am aware to get cabbage to recognise the names in phonebook. it seems to be to do with how android deals with numbers and the apps access to the information. this might be your issue re numbers not appearing, but typing in the numbers should send a msg if the account is set up.

Thanks Eoferrall: Yeah, I have linked the app with my mymeteor login, and have sent messages successfully so far, but only when I manually type in the recipient number. It just seems that the receipient field doesn't autocomplete or offer suggestions.

Thanks Eoferrall: Yeah, I have linked the app with my mymeteor login, and have sent messages successfully so far, but only when I manually type in the recipient number. It just seems that the receipient field doesn't autocomplete or offer suggestions.

No worries, we are all here to help!:) In that case then I reckon you have the same issue as previous posters, if you have a look at this post by bomber6 it will hopefully help you out, it has helped others afaik.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65599656&postcount=116

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

hi ryderster, again fair play on the app really really good :)

few issues I am having for your info! using desire.

1. sometimes after sending a message, the sent message gets put in a different sms thread in the internal sms app. I *think* this happens when the following happens:
    1) you receive a message
    2) reply via cabbage (sent sms saved ok in current thread)
    3) receive another message in thread
    4) reply via PHONE
    5) receive again
    6) finally reply with cabbage now saves the sent message in separate thread.

2. recent contacts isn't consistent - some contacts don't save to recent list and the default selected contact in the recent list is never the most recent used.

suggestion if I may - in landscape mode you could have the text boxes width set to fill the screen?

good work man, best app on the market for me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Has the functionality to automatically turn on mobile internet/wifi been added? Doesn't seem to work on my Desire.

sorry lads,
    no updates in last 2 weeks, just been on holidays, so Im going to try get an update done for the weekend.

Cheers for the info on the bugs ye have come across.. I'll do your changes for the landscape mode.

Regards,
    ryderster

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i just got my hero yesterday and am still trying to figure out how to get onto the market. i put in my google account and after waiting for about 2 minutes it just says the system has timed out. what am i doing wrong?

have you the correct apn settings for accessing??

for the apn i just put in '3ireland.com' to pick up the wireless broadband. i am a complete noob when it comes to these things, should i have a different apn setting?

• Advertisement

Do Vodafone UK block the Cabbage server or something? Getting an error when sending texts (Meteor) with the WAP over in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Do Vodafone UK block the Cabbage server or something? Getting an error when sending texts (Meteor) with the WAP over in London.

Your not trying to text and English number by any chance? I made that mistake when I was over in England recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    for the apn i just put in '3ireland.com' to pick up the wireless broadband. i am a complete noob when it comes to these things, should i have a different apn setting?

The APN should be 3ireland.ie, like this:

Name: 3 ireland
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    Proxy: None
    Port: None
    Username: None
    Password: None
    Server: 3ireland.ie
    MMSC: None
    MMS proxy: None
    MMS port: None
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 05
    APN Type: None

and for mms:

Name: 3mms
    MMSC: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: mms.3ireland.ie
    MMS Port: 8799

Your not trying to text and English number by any chance? I made that mistake when I was over in England recently
    Nope, it was a UK SIM so texts to English numbers were cheap enough already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Works fine for me on O2 UK with Vodafone Ireland webtexts.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    The APN should be 3ireland.ie, like this:

Name: 3 ireland
    MMSC: None
    MMS proxy: None
    MMS port: None

and for mms:

Name: 3mms
    MMSC: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: mms.3ireland.ie
    MMS Port: 8799

where would i find the mms settings?

also i think the problem is related to my google account more then the internet. my google account is tied to my hotmail account and i dont think google like that very much. maybe its that i need a gmail account to get into the market?

• Advertisement

i got the market working! it took my gmail account but it wouldnt take my hatmail.google account.

cabbage is fantastic!

where would i find the mms settings?

In the post you quoted :p

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    In the post you quoted :p

everybody's a comedian now days. what i ment to say was , where would i find the settings menu to put in the mms settings?

everybody's a comedian now days. what i ment to say was , where would i find the settings menu to put in the mms settings?

Sorry :p
    It's all in the same section, you define one APN with the web settings and them another one where you skip to the bottom of the options and fill in the mms info

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gargled

Is anyone having problems with sending more than 1 txt on cabbage? I'm on the desire with Vodafone.

May already have been answered but I had a quick browse and couldn't find an answer. Thanks

Great app btw

• Advertisement

Feature request!:D

Is it possible to put a character counter in? just so you know when going onto 2nd text etc. would be helpful :D

most used app on my phone, apart from when I run out of webtexts!:( the counter would help this as often I have sent texts only one or two letters over the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Installed last night and ran with minimal effort. Tremendous application fair play.

Hi Gargled,

Cabbage Lite only supports one sending one message to one contact... this is being worked on behind the scene and should be a big update quite soon.

Regards
    ryderster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just downloaded this today. Great app. Was previously using JSMS but the signature was annoying me.

Well done ryderster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Have been using Cabbage fine for some time on Meteor but now getting this message...

Info: Invalid response received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BenG

Hi I'm just wondering if you have a smart phone device. Can you download Android 2.2 onto it and if you do will it work as there is another OS on it? Would I ruin my phone if I do put it on it?
    Any suggestions would be great thanks.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Have been using Cabbage fine for some time on Meteor but now getting this message...

Info: Invalid response received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)

Any ideas?

Can you log into the meteor website normally?

And it is the android version you're using right?

BenG wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering if you have a smart phone device. Can you download Android 2.2 onto it and if you do will it work as there is another OS on it? Would I ruin my phone if I do put it on it?
    Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Unless it's an android phone you can't put android software on it. It's not like a pc where you can put whatever OS you want on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

They have Android 2.2 running on the iPhone, but I'm not sure it has been made publically available...

But don't worry, you can use cabbage on a number of platforms...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BenG

Bluefoam wrote: »
    They have Android 2.2 running on the iPhone, but I'm not sure it has been made publically available...

But don't worry, you can use cabbage on a number of platforms...

Thanks!! I have never heard tell of Cabbage. Explain what it is and what you can do with it. Is it any good? Where can I download it from?

• Advertisement
Advertisement