Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

BenG wrote: »
    Thanks!! I have never heard tell of Cabbage. Explain what it is and what you can do with it. Is it any good? Where can I download it from?

follow the link --> Start from the start is a good place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

BenG wrote: »
    Thanks!! I have never heard tell of Cabbage. Explain what it is and what you can do with it. Is it any good? Where can I download it from?

You are posting in a Cabbage thread... have a read through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭funnyname

Does this work for text messages from a different network to the one on your phone, ie you have a vodafone pay as you go contract but your main phone is pay monthly with O2?

Apologies if this has been asked before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Any ETA on the next update of this? It's a super app but I wish it integrated the messages sent from Cabbage with the build in messaging app a little better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

funnyname wrote: »
    Does this work for text messages from a different network to the one on your phone, ie you have a vodafone pay as you go contract but your main phone is pay monthly with O2?

Apologies if this has been asked before.

yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭ryderster

any one will to test a new version of cabbage.
    I have it working on nexus on android 2.2....
    so i am hoping it works on other models..

new features
    character counter option
    multiple texts
    inbox contacts option for favorites
    fixed a number of bugs.

anyone who can help?

the link is: http://www.arklow.org/android/Cabbage.apk
    ryderster

ryderster wrote: »

new features
    character counter option
    multiple texts
    fixed a number of bugs.

anyone who can help?

ryderster

just downloaded it there, i have nexus one 2.2 also so hopefully no issues to report to you.:)

Hero on stock 1.5

Works great. Love the fact that I can send to multiple contacts.

It's a little slow to send. And the character counter is covered by the keyboard. It'd be great if you could select multiple contacts from a list.

Great work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

new features
    character counter option
    multiple texts
    fixed a number of bugs.

anyone who can help?

ryderster

Works fine for me on the hero

• Advertisement

Works fine for me. Just to be picky, would it be possible to have the counter in the space that the button for the account config is until it is set up? On the nexus you need to hide the keyboard to see it currently (not a big deal!)

Thanks for your work! :)

no hassle, i was thinking the same myself... ill do that before i publish the update to the market place tomorrow..

regards,
    ryderster

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

excellent app :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've been using this for a good while on me old Nokias and now the desire.

Excellent program, uses minimal data which is excellent.

Do the webtexts work for texting the 5 digit numbers like phantom 51052 or newstalk53106.

I think they cost 30c to text.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Do the webtexts work for texting the 5 digit numbers like phantom 51052 or newstalk53106.

I think they cost 30c to text.

No they don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Any other vodafone users having trouble all weekend sending webtexts? Mine has been acting up and i think the trouble is at the vodafone website end being **** again

Also once i send a message Cabbage informs me how many webtexts i have left which is great, would it be difficult to include informing me how many minutes talktime i have left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

rushnaldo wrote: »
    Any other vodafone users having trouble all weekend sending webtexts? Mine has been acting up and i think the trouble is at the vodafone website end being **** again

Also once i send a message Cabbage informs me how many webtexts i have left which is great, would it be difficult to include informing me how many minutes talktime i have left?

It's not working for me on vodafone either.

rushnaldo wrote: »

That wouldn't be too difficult to implement but I don't think it should be included every time you send a text. Maybe it could be a separate option.

To do the server side code I'd need at least the source code from the page that contains the info but ideally I'd like someone to let me use their login for a day or two so I can test it properly. Then ryderster could do the client side code easy enough I'm sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

sms inbox for contacts doesn't work on the desire - just list of numbers with 3 digits is shown.

also, no longer landscape mode?

nitpicking here too - but does the send button need to say "Send SMS"? It takes up 2 lines of space on the button pushing the text area down a line - I think saying "Send" would suffice as we know its an sms ;)

might take the source myself since im a dev (not java tho!) so thanks for publishing :)

oh and not working on vodafone - their site has been ropey too over weekend but jsut tested there, sent text successfully from webtext but can't from cabbage :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Works fine for me on vodafone just tested it there.

I'm running the marketplace one not the one in the link above just to be clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Working for me too. Its the one from the Marketplace too.

When is the update going to be released?

Cheers,
    M

I am running the non marketplace one and still no joy with vodafone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Silly question :o

How do I actually add the contact after I have the message typed I go up but have no idea how to broswe contacts :o

Type the first letters of the contact and it should appear in the box.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Type the first letters of the contact and it should appear in the box.
    Nothing working for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eamonpendergast

Are people still having trouble with cabbage on Vodafone? Don't think mine's been working since Thursday or so...

Keano A Legend,
    I persume your using a HTC Desire, or HTC Legend,

Please copy contacts from sim card to google contacts account.
    This will solve your problem most likely.

In contact, select menu, select import, then click import from sim card

Regards,
    ryderster

Keano A Legend,

Regards,
    ryderster
    All good now.

Thanks ryderster

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DangerMouseIE

I have downloaded the app from the market place and sync'ed my contacts with google HTC Desire)

I have configured it for 02 and confirmed the username and password are working on the 02 website.

The error message I get when sending a message is "Info: Invalid reponse received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)"

Can anyone suggest anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Installed it on galaxy spica and getting the same error as above

• Advertisement

The problem is on the server side. I'm looking into it

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

Keano A Legend,

Regards,
    ryderster

Ok so I have a Desire on Meteor and have cabbage but cant get contact bar working.

I have done what you sugguested above but no joy. Although i only opened a gmail account and I just imported all my contacts from my hotmail account into the gmail account. Should this remedy matters or am i missing something.:confused:

Thanks!

Crisis averted it's working again

Ok now messages are sending but its sending twice. i.e. I send one short message and the remaining text count drops by two. I have tested it by sending a message to myself and I am recieving two messages. One from my own number (as expected) and a duplicate from an 087 number that is certainly not mine..

barryfitz wrote: »
    Ok now messages are sending but its sending twice. i.e. I send one short message and the remaining text count drops by two. I have tested it by sending a message to myself and I am recieving two messages. One from my own number (as expected) and a duplicate from an 087 number that is certainly not mine..

For a while I accidentally had my own number hard coded in the script but you would have only got a message from that number, not your own, and I've taken it out now.

There are two other strange things going on. First you say the remaining message count drops by two but it would be expected to take one from my account and one from yours so it should only drop by one.

And my remaining message count is the same as it was last night so it doesn't look like anything is being taken from my account. It looks as if you're receiving one message from your account and one from mine but it takes two messages from your own account :confused:

I only have the one o2 account, the one that's having the problem and I can't reproduce this error. When I send a message I only get one text but that might be because it's trying to use the same account twice in quick succession and o2 blocks the second one.

Is this happening every time?
    Does the number start with 08726 and is it the same number every time?

Sorry I deleted the messages since. but that does look like the number and it was the same one everytime. I can reinstall and test it again for you if u like.... give me a few minutes.

OK its working as expected now. message count dropping by one and only one message being received and its from my number. Good job :D.

Lawstud wrote: »
    Ok so I have a Desire on Meteor and have cabbage but cant get contact bar working.

I have done what you sugguested above but no joy. Although i only opened a gmail account and I just imported all my contacts from my hotmail account into the gmail account. Should this remedy matters or am i missing something.:confused:

Thanks!
    What contacts view do you have enabled? That might be the issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

brilliant, thanks! switched from Iphone to HTC Desire yesterday and was missing my EirText massively, thankfully Cabbage sorted me out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hey
    I get a forced close quite a lot using it on the Desire. It seems most times the msg gets sent, but sometimes it doesn't. When I go in to the Sent Msg's screen, there is no update to the list whether the msg has been sent or not. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm using the Nexus One and the other day using Cabbage it was Force Closing constantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Hi,

I have an HTC Desire, and Im with Vodafone.

I installed cabbage but i dont get the contacts thingy. I imported my contacts from my SIM card to my google account and still nothing.

Any ideas?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 agentblue

Ok I must be more than a little braindead but i can't get cabbage to send an sms on my desire. It keeps coming back with "Info: Message did not send successfully, check username and password"
    I have gone into config account and retyped my mobile number and password a number of times but to no avail. I'm with vodafone billpay.
    any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Yes nothing is wrong with your phone or passwords. The Vodafone site is being upgraded and is down so the problem is at that end. I'm the same as you. Gonna have to use my normal texts until thats fixed which is killing me lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Can't get any further than clicking download on a x10 mini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Been using this program for the last few months on the Hero, great great app. Just one thing that niggles at me though, noticed its one of the more recent comments on the apps Market as well.

When typing you can see two lines of text, but when you continue writing a message after this you can no longer see what you have wrote, or does this only happen to me since I use ShapeWriter?

If there was a way to keep the most recent two lines typed in view while typing then this great app would get even better

Using it on Hero with the official 2.1 update and its working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boarderuser

When i click send and when it is sending and the app goes into landscape mode the app prompt to force close. Nexus One 2.1

When i click send usually move phone around which causes this. updated to 2.2 today so will let you know if it is the same on 2.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

no hassle, i was thinking the same myself... ill do that before i publish the update to the market place tomorrow..

regards,
    ryderster

Did you ever publish the update to the marketplace? I checked and it still says version 1.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

used on the desire. fantastic app. some of i'm meteor and sending people messages outside via wifi or mobile internet saves alot of money! Thanks!

would be handy if you fix the contact problems tho..
    Because now with the "recent" option, i dont know which phone number belongs to who!:eek: but great job. works fine! wait for the updates!

• Advertisement
Advertisement