Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cabbage for android

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Tony10

Ryder- i'm sure you read here, so many thanks for your App, defo 1 of the best on android phone.i would have added comment in-phone, but they seem to be full lol.legend in my book so far, and if more updates become available, i'll be first to download em.kudo's to all on pg7-8 for the fix in the contacts issue btw
    tony farrelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im using this on HTC Desire and its constantly crashing after i send the message. Really annoying because i dont know if its after sending the text or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Hogzy wrote: »
    Im using this on HTC Desire and its constantly crashing after i send the message. Really annoying because i dont know if its after sending the text or not.

My desire is slowly becoming more unstable; Cabbage and Dolphin browser being the main app's that force close 1-2 times out of 10. All I can really put it down to would maybe be using advanced app killer when I first got it. My plan was always to factory reset n install froyo when it came out, but that seems to be takin its sweet time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Just working my way around my phone today. I am a bit lost, where would one get this cabbage thing? Is it in the apps part in the market? Also, how do I get the info off of my sim, I don't seem to have any phone contacts, just gmail ones.

WindSock wrote: »
    Just working my way around my phone today. I am a bit lost, where would one get this cabbage thing? Is it in the apps part in the market? Also, how do I get the info off of my sim, I don't seem to have any phone contacts, just gmail ones.

If you still have your old phone and your contacts are saved to the phone you can send them via bluetooth.

Oh yeah, I knew bluetooth was good for something :pac:

Well I have the one sim, switched back on my old phone and it says contacts are on the sim, which is in the htc one. So I should be able to get the contacts from it, just don't know how, don't know why they didnt come up automatically.

Oh yeah, I knew bluetooth was good for something :pac:

Well I have the one sim, switched back on my old phone and it says contacts are on the sim, which is in the htc one. So I should be able to get the contacts from it, just don't know how, don't know why they didnt come up automatically.

Go to people/ Press menu/import/import from sim

Voila!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Go to people/ Press menu/import/import from sim

Voila!

Right, I have done that but it says there are only 13 contacts on the sim, all the factory default numbers and no personal ones :confused:
    It appears they are not saved to my old Nokia either though.

Right, I have done that but it says there are only 13 contacts on the sim, all the factory default numbers and no personal ones :confused:
    It appears they are not saved to my old Nokia either though.

afaik i was the same when i got my Desire first. Thats when i turned to bluetooth and transfered them over that way. Can you do it via bluetooth if you put your sim back into the nokia?

Just found out how to sync the numbers to the sim now it has imported. Ta for help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've got this on the HTC Hero and the recent contacts are acting strange, the are all listed as just the phone number with :Unknown and then the phone number again inside these < >. It doesn't say the contacts name anymore!

Also when I type a contact name into the recipient bar at the top of the main screen it doesn't show any suggestions from the phonebook.

Anybody else experiencing this? or have a way of fixing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnie89

Beekay wrote: »
    I've got this on the HTC Hero and the recent contacts are acting strange, the are all listed as just the phone number with :Unknown and then the phone number again inside these < >. It doesn't say the contacts name anymore!

Also when I type a contact name into the recipient bar at the top of the main screen it doesn't show any suggestions from the phonebook.

Anybody else experiencing this? or have a way of fixing it?

I have EXACTLY the same prob!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

me too! mine is an HTC Desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I love this app, thanks a million.

Im using it on a HTC Desire with Meteor and it appears to be working great.
    So far Ive sent 4 messages using cabbage and all were delivered.

Contacts are workng as expected.

Versions if they are relevant
    2.1 update 1
    build 1.21.405.2 CL174215

Cabbage version installed from market - shows as version 15 when checked in App Manager.

The only unuasual behavour I have to report is similar to 00sully reported earlier in the thread.

When I send a message to a contact, it appears in the phones messages app but doesnt link it to all the other messages with that contact.

Some specific examples sending messages with Cabbage Lite.
    Example 1
    I sent a message to a contact named Bill, the sent message shows in the messages app, but it is not linked to the other messages sent to and received from Bill.
    Sent a second message to Bill, and it appeared with the first cabbage sent message.
    - So there are 2 threads for Bill, one with 2 messages sent from cabbage, and another with all sent from phone and received from Bill

Example 2
    I sent a message to a contact Ben. This message again appeared on its own, and didnt link with the other messages to/from Ben.
    Ben replied to this message and it linked with the pile of messages from him. Still one seperate message sent via cabbage in the messages app.
    I replied to Ben via cabbage, and this linked with all the messages in the pile, still leaving the first message to Ben from cabbage on its own.
    - There are 2 threads for Ben one with a single message sent from Cabbage. and one with all the other messages, including one sent from cabbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 droidman

Hi guys, I'm new to android so apologies if this has been asked before. I've read that some apps might not be secure to use and while this looks like an excellent app and fair play to it's creators for making it but I'm just wondering, are there any security risks in submitting phone number and pin in using this app?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

This app is great but a little annoying. I finally managed to get the contacts list to work. I just entered my contacts phone numbers in my gmail account. The only problem now is that im experencing the same problem as ... see below. I hadn't experienced this problem when the contact list was not working.
    The only unuasual behavour I have to report is similar to 00sully reported earlier in the thread.

When I send a message to a contact, it appears in the phones messages app but doesnt link it to all the other messages with that contact.

Some specific examples sending messages with Cabbage Lite.
    Example 1
    I sent a message to a contact named Bill, the sent message shows in the messages app, but it is not linked to the other messages sent to and received from Bill.
    Sent a second message to Bill, and it appeared with the first cabbage sent message.
    - So there are 2 threads for Bill, one with 2 messages sent from cabbage, and another with all sent from phone and received from Bill

Example 2
    I sent a message to a contact Ben. This message again appeared on its own, and didnt link with the other messages to/from Ben.
    Ben replied to this message and it linked with the pile of messages from him. Still one seperate message sent via cabbage in the messages app.
    I replied to Ben via cabbage, and this linked with all the messages in the pile, still leaving the first message to Ben from cabbage on its own.
    - There are 2 threads for Ben one with a single message sent from Cabbage. and one with all the other messages, including one sent from cabbage.

This is really frustrating. Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Cababge for android got a mention on the Last Word on Today FM yesterday :)

http://audioserver.todayfm.com/audio/gadgets130710.mp3

Just after the 6 minute mark

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Kudos Sam :)

Kudos Sam :)

Kudos should go to ryderster too, it was the android app she mentioned :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

not working for me (voda) at the mo ?

zod wrote: »
    not working for me (voda) at the mo ?

can you log into the vodafone website ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Constantly getting forced close (Desire,VF) for the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    can you log into the vodafone website ok?

figured it out .. gives an error if theres an apostrophe in the name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Is there an faq for this, how do I get it to work with my contacts?

Nice app, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

great app, thanks op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i think i posted in this thread already (or maybe it was the android one) but i cant seem to find my post. anyway, i am having trouble with cabbage. my contacts are not working, whenever i type in a name of a contact the contact list does not come up so there is no number tied into the name i just typed in. also cabbage does not seem to be working. if i do type in the full number of the person i want to send a message to it just comes back with a 'message sending failed' report.
    i can use my web-texts without any problems from my computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

Won't work on my HTC Desire, on meteor

The error message I'm getting: Info: Invalid reponse received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)

Any ideas? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭ryderster

im getting that too.. seems meteor website has changed or something funny going on.. happening on the desktop client too..

The server is working fine for me on meteor.

to test it out copy this url in your browser and replace the parts in capitals with your own info:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=YOURNUMBER&p=YOURPASSWORD&s=m&d=YOURNUMBER&m=message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭ryderster

its back working again..it wasnt working this morning for sure... i was getting -5 response

• Advertisement

ryderster wrote: »
    its back working again..it wasnt working this morning for sure... i was getting -5 response

Must have been an issue with the website so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

The server is working fine for me on meteor.

to test it out copy this url in your browser and replace the parts in capitals with your own info:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=YOURNUMBER&p=YOURPASSWORD&s=m&d=YOURNUMBER&m=message

When I did this, my phone got a message from myself saying "message" and on my browser I got 291.

Any idea what this means?

When I did this, my phone got a message from myself saying "message" and on my browser I got 291.

Any idea what this means?

That means its working. The message said "message" because the url you copied ends with m=message

291 is the number of messages you have left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

That means its working. The message said "message" because the url you copied ends with m=message

291 is the number of messages you have left

I tried this URL and it worked for me, but when I use the same setting on my htc legend on Meteor, it gives me a message "Info: It seems you are having a problem sending messages"

* try the url in your android web browser.
    * double check your user/pass/network in cabbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Random wrote: »
    * try the url in your android web browser.
    * double check your user/pass/network in cabbage.

Yup workin on URL so just reentered all my details and it works.

That my International Txts sorted.... CHEERS

Hi ryderster, just found out that cabbage forces closes on the desire with 2.1 software if you change the orientation by turning the phone while it's in the process of sending a message. Just tried it with with the hero with 2.1 and it doesn't happen, turning the phone doesn't do anything, it neither changes the orientation nor crashes

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i just re-installed cabbage and it is working again but my contacts are still screwed up, is there any way to fix them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

valor wrote: »
    Is there an faq for this, how do I get it to work with my contacts?

Nice app, thanks

bump can someone explain how I get it to work with the contacts on my sim or phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This thread is pretty much the FAQ.

• Advertisement

valor wrote: »
    bump can someone explain how I get it to work with the contacts on my sim or phone?

Have you done this?
    ryderster wrote: »
    Please copy contacts from sim card to google contacts account.
    This will solve your problem most likely.

In contact, select menu, select import, then click import from sim card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Has anyone else being getting send failures the last day or two? o2 site working fine but cabbage not sending. can surf net fine on phone & nothing has changed.

Has cabbage being updated in a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

eoferrall wrote: »
    Has anyone else being getting send failures the last day or two? o2 site working fine but cabbage not sending. can surf net fine on phone & nothing has changed.

I got them quite a bit even though the messages went through

I got an error a few minutes ago when I tried it but the server is working now

Keith186 wrote: »
    I got them quite a bit even though the messages went through
    Hopefully haven't been plaguing people the last few days with multiple messages! No ones said anything yet!
    I got an error a few minutes ago when I tried it but the server is working now

Cheers a message just sent there so back up and running! :)

Hopefully haven't been plaguing people the last few days with multiple messages! No ones said anything yet!

One thing you can do to check if it sent is save this link as a bookmark in your browser with your phone number and password in place of 0861234567 and mypass

http://cabbagetexter.com/o2.report.php?u=0861234567&p=mypass

It'll print out your latest delivery reports from the O2 website

This only works for O2 before anyone asks :)

One thing you can do to check if it sent is save this link as a bookmark in your browser with your phone number and password in place of 0861234567 and mypass

http://cabbagetexter.com/o2.report.php?u=0861234567&p=mypass

It'll print out your latest delivery reports from the O2 website

Cheers Sam, helpful as always. Used Cabbage on my Omnia before had the nexus (I know you didn't create this, but it's built on your foundations!)

Just to say htanks again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Desire.d

Hi,

I've been using cabbage on Android 2.2 (the new cabbage link posted here on this thread, not in market) and I have been experiencing similar problems to the posts abive over the last couple of days.

This is happening on both o2 phones running cabbage on HTC desire ....

Any ideas? Also when will the update be published to the market?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sanitarium

Hey,

On my G1, cabbage puts all the messages I sent through Cabbage in the conversation I was replying to in my messaging app so I could see the full conversation. Now on my hero, Cabbage is putting all my sent messages into a new thread in my messaging app. So I have two threads for each contact (one with all the messages I receive and one with all the messages I send).

Anyone else experience this problem or know how to fix it? I have tried two different messaging apps (Handcent SMS and the default messaging app) and both act up the same.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Advertisement

@sanitarium - i've merged your post in with this thread.

fyi i'm also having the same problem on htc desire 2.1 with default messaging app

Advertisement