Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build - Help Please :P

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

CPU: A bit hot and a bit pricey but still a very nice choice.

Mobo: Expensive. Unless you need the second graphics card slot I'd go for an MSI 770-C45.

GPU: Badly overpriced. Unless you OC it to within an inch of its life the HD5750 is a bit more comfortable at sub-1080p resolutions; if you have a monitor with a lower maximum res than 1920*1080 you'd be better off getting a 512MB version for ~€95. If you do have a Full HD monitor then you might as well get a 1GB HD5770 as they start around the €130 anyway.

RAM: Horrible. Very slow for DDR3 and gruesomely overpriced. Even if its hard to get a 4GB kit below €85 nowadays you should certainly be able to get 1333MHz and faster kits for under €100.

PSU: Cheapo unit. Spending a bit more to get a proper 550W unit would be a much better idea; that unit might be able to supply 630W total but the 12V rail does not account for all of it; not even close. And guess which voltage is used by most power-hungry components in a CPU? ;)

Case: It is fairly cheapo. Not good, because you have a high-heat CPU sitting in there. Better to get at least an Antec 200 or even Thermaltake V3 and probably max out its complement of fans too what with that lil' radiator cooking away in there! :D

DVD: Meh. Its a DVD drive. Not much to say about that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

much better build and only for 60 euro more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Diol

Man that was some fast responing, I know where to come when i start breaking all my components :P
    Seriously though, thanks a million, I'll take all that into account, and work on a new build tomorrow.
    Cheers :)

Advertisement