Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of contract

• 18-02-2010 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine (not a member of boards, hence this post) is tied to a contract with Vodafone for Perfect Choice 200 package. They are finding that after 3 months on the tariff, they are not using it to its full potential and it is costing them 50 euro a month for minutes they are not using up etc. They cannot (it seems) change to a lower price plan. How should one go about asking/telling vodafone to change them to a lower tariff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Don't know the ins and outs of it all but a call to comreg wouldn't go astray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

knx wrote: »
    Don't know the ins and outs of it all but a call to comreg wouldn't go astray.

Are you having a laugh? For what? The OP hasn't even approached Vodafone (or his friend hasn't) to query will they downgrade. Even if they won't its perfectly legal as far as I know. He signed a contract. I sympathise with him but that's way it is. Stand to be corrected though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Moved from Nets & Comms....apologies to the mods if this isn't the right forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

He signed a contact, probably got a subsidised phone as part of the deal... he can buy his way out...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Not sure about vodafone but on other networks you can normally change after 6 months to a lower price plan. But like others have said nothing he can really do he is in contract. Be pointless to buy himself out of it as then he would be giving away money and not getting any kinda service in return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,893 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Not sure about vodafone but on other networks you can normally change after 6 months to a lower price plan. But like others have said nothing he can really do he is in contract. Be pointless to buy himself out of it as then he would be giving away money and not getting any kinda service in return

+1, what i was gonna say

after 6 months you can change to a lower tarrif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Thanks everyone, most of what he/we had thought already. I'll tell him to get onto Vodafone and see what they say, no harm in trying but a contract is a contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement