Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EUR - AUD

Options
  • 18-02-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

The exchange rate at the mo is about 1.51 AUD for 1 Euro. Pretty poor, cant remember the last time it was this low. It don't look like a a good time to transfer money to Oz.
    Anyone else following the exchange rate at the mo, that are going to Oz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Beachband wrote: »
    The exchange rate at the mo is about 1.51 AUD for 1 Euro. Pretty poor, cant remember the last time it was this low. It don't look like a a good time to transfer money to Oz.

I keep an eye on it, it hasn't changed much since I arrived in June (though I also keep an eye out for GBP).

rates.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Australia's economy is doing quite well at the moment while Europe's is in the toilet. I wouldn't expect much of a swing any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I keep an eye on it, it hasn't changed much since I arrived in June (though I also keep an eye out for GBP).

rates.png

That's for AUD - EUR, showing how weak the euro is to the AUD, currently its at about 66 cent to 1 AUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It's actually excellent ;)

for us oz folk anyway

But yes xmas 08 I remember it being a low of .48c = $1
    now it is .66 .. Australia is doing very well and has a strong dollar

hussey wrote: »
    It's actually excellent ;)

for us oz folk anyway

But yes xmas 08 I remember it being a low of .48c = $1
    now it is .66 .. Australia is doing very well and has a strong dollar

Ya I remember that rate in 08. I ain't gonna be transferring EUR - AUD if this continues, which I fear it may.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

That's for AUD - EUR, showing how weak the euro is to the AUD, currently its at about 66 cent to 1 AUD.

Sorry, I've read this a couple of times and I'm not seeing what point your making.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

well see this is just above 'normal' rate for the 4.5years I've here.

it was always around the .6mark usually .6+

.66 is the highest for a while

and the .48 was a huge crash

to me < .58 is bad
    >.64 is good
    anything else is just avg from my experience ... no scientific basis behind this, just experience and opinion

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Sorry, I've read this a couple of times and I'm not seeing what point your making.

The exchange rate graph that was listed, is for what 1 AUD gets you in Euros.
    I will be exchanging EUR for AUD, and I havent seen the Oz dollar this strong against the Euro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I was lucky & sent some saving back to Australia when it was about $1.96 for €1

Advertisement