Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore paper/mag?

Options
  • 18-02-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Well lads,
    Based in Dublin, recently took redundancy, thinkin' of movin' home. Would a proper Tramore (area) bi-weekly newspaper/monthly mixed-content mag be a goer, anyone think? Have a potential investor. Is there a half-decent market - talking circulation-wise about the town itself, east Waterford generally? Or is it a waste of time with the Munster/News & Star. :confused:
    BBTB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Research entirely based on replies on Boards would not be enough to make a decision, however here is my twopennorth. At the moment there is a free sheet which covers advertising and entertainment, and seems to be doing reasonably well.
    A few years ago there was another paper more like you are suggesting, but it never really got off the ground. However it did spur the Munster (especially) and the N&S into doing specific regional sections. There is also the Waterford Today, which is a free sheet/news paper which seems to be doing well. I know when I used put in ads for a sports club, the most replies would come from the WT.
    Although Tramore has the same population as Dungarvan, and Dungarvan has the Leader, really that place is taken by the Waterford papers at this end of the county.
    Tramore is definately moving forward, but still a lot of people living here look to Waterford. It would be really good for the town to have a newspaper, but at the moment I think it would be a big gamble, it would be difficult to break into the advertising base given the Tramore Advertiser already has it sorted.

Advertisement