Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing jobs before mortgage cheque drawdown

• 18-02-2010 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok, I am in a bit of a dilema and would really appreciate some advise on mortgages from somebody ..

I have found a property and have already been approved for a Mortgage. I will have to sign the first part of the contract and pay 7% of the deposit in the coming week.

Here's where it gets tricky! I have been offered a new job and they are asking me would it be possible if I could start within in the next 6 weeks.

My questions is, Can you change jobs when in the middle of signing for a House, i.e before the Mortgage cheque has been drawndown.

Any help would be appreciated as I am totally clueless when it comes to the legality of things.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi

The Help Desk is for people who are having problems using the site or wish to query a moderation decision. Plus regular site members can't reply there.

This is probably better off in the Banking forum, moving it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Sent private message

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You will have to inform your mortgage provider of the change in circumstances, and they will probably have to re-assess your application.

Advertisement