Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom

• 19-02-2010 12:04am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Downloaded this after watching the trailer. Fantastic game so far. The art design is wonderful - downloadable games seem to be where such unique art styles are shining these days. Not too far into the game yet, but there have already been quite a few pleasantly perplexing and surprising puzzles. Nearest point of reference is definitely Braid, but has a charm all of its own. Got to love a game about time paradoxes involving an old timie fellow chasing after strange floating pies!

Uh oh, this should've been in Xbox! Mods, could you move it please! Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I'm enjoying it too.... Safe to say it has "borrowed" some ideas from Braid. Fantastic art style though, and I love the music.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh.... sold. If its *anything* like Braid, I'll buy it sight-unseen...

DeV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I hate when my brain melts just before bed. Those timed challenge shorts require lateral thinking AND precision platforming. Yet the satisfaction is immense when you finally sync all five clones into wonderful spacial harmony. It's like the tounge in cheek expansion Braid never got!

Don't worry DeVore, if you like Braid you'll like this. Even the level select feels familiar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Loving it too, can't get enough of that funky music from the main theme and 1st levels.

Edit: Watching the trailer above ( i wanted to hear the song without switching on xbox lol) helped me come up with some plans for solving one of the levels, why I didnt think of that ???? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I picked it up the other night and I'm enjoying it a lot. Haven't played a huge amount of it, but was the demo really made me want to play the full game. Love the style of it. Always like supporting quirky games, if only to encourage companies like 2K to keep on making 'em :P

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Awesome game. Got it last night but flew through the first ten levels. Suddenly its gotten a bit tougher but its already looking a bit short (but awesome!). Im sure I'll get bogged down soon enough.

Love the "schtick" it maintains and the art style, very very cool. Its very much in the Braid line of things but still has its own personality and style.

At 800 its a total and utter steal.

DeV.

Advertisement