Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serving T.D.s with shares in newry shopping centres (THE QUAYS)

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Several Fianna fail politicians are share holders in The quays shopping centre in Newry.
    Is the current floundering with our vat rate feeding the profits of the norths shops and in turn filling the pockets of these gangsters.
    Bertie ahern has admitted to having shares in the company that runs the quays shopping centre in Newry.
    Just like Dev and the railways all over, he shut them down so his lorry companies would prosper. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

owlite700 wrote: »
    Several Fianna fail politicians are share holders in The quays shopping centre in Newry.
    Is the current floundering with our vat rate feeding the profits of the norths shops and in turn filling the pockets of these gangsters.
    Bertie ahern has admitted to having shares in the company that runs the quays shopping centre in Newry.
    Just like Dev and the railways all over, he shut them down so his lorry companies would prosper. :mad:

care to name and shame???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

His Parker Green International company, whose advisory board includes Bertie Ahern and the former unionist politician Lord Dennis Rogan, was pipped by just €10m for the Swords Pavilion shopping centre by developer Joe O'Reilly. "We bid €575m and Joe bid €585m plus 9% stamp duty and that was in 2007. We got a bit carried away because we were approached by AIB's Investment arm – Goodbodys – to be their partner. And that gives you a bit of an ego run if a bank comes and offers to stand with you on €1bn deal, as it was then."

Snippet from the interveiw with Gerad o hare. Full interveiw below

http://www.tribune.ie/business/article/2009/nov/08/the-business-interview-gerard-ohare-property-devel/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

^^
    That article says he is on the advisory board, not a shareholder.

Whats the conspiracy here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

I smell a few brown envelopes and backhanders here.Your theory would certainly make sense as it would go some way to explain why our incompetent shower of gangsters are unwilling to try stem the flow of shoppers going north.

I smell a few brown envelopes and backhanders here.Your theory would certainly make sense as it would go some way to explain why our incompetent shower of gangsters are unwilling to try stem the flow of shoppers going north.

before you make these lovely comments... can you name the people involved here?????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

robtri wrote: »
    before you make these lovely comments... can you name the people involved here?????????

I will hold my hands up here and admit i dont really know much about this Newry shopiing centre theory, but the corruption within our government has been exposed in the past......

I will hold my hands up here and admit i dont really know much about this Newry shopiing centre theory, but the corruption within our government has been exposed in the past......

not everybody in government is corupt......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 owlite700

Kippure is on the money with that 1.
    Theres a nest of fianna faillers involved in tha Quays.Its a conspiracy surely when govt agencies tell us to shop local, yet they use northern companies to surface roads and dispose of waste etc. Brown envelopes with sterling in them. Its rampant round the border
    Leave it with me about the names , I want to check if its legal to do that, dont want to end up another victim of our wonderful minister for justice :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Leave it with me about the names , I want to check if its legal to do that, dont want to end up another victim of our wonderful minister for justice :D.

Publish and be damned!

http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=11429&CatID=20

It's the register of Member's interests. Should keep someone busy for a few hours...

And just for the Craic!
    Willie O'Dea owns:

Shares:
    Ormond Mining: St. Canice St., Kilkenny: mining;
    African Diamonds: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: mining;
    West African Diamonds: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: mining;
    Persian Gold: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: mining;
    Formation Group: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: leisure;
    Pan Andean Ltd.: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: mining;
    Essentially Ltd.: Level 14, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP: leisure.

162 Clontarf road sounds like a gold mine:pac::pac::pac:

Pan Andean sounds like a Coke smuggling gig.

• Advertisement

studiorat wrote: »
    Publish and be damned!

http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=11429&CatID=20

It's the register of Member's interests. Should keep someone busy for a few hours...

cheers..

did a quick search and couldnt find any reference to the Quays shopping centre...

so again... can anyone tell me who is involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

.Its a conspiracy surely when govt agencies tell us to shop local, yet they use northern companies to surface roads and dispose of waste etc. Brown envelopes with sterling in them. Its rampant round the border.

The government doesnt have a choice in who can tender for it's contracts. Any company in the EU is allowed apply.

People cant have it both ways. There would be moaning if we were paying over the odds to have jobs done and moaning if foreign companys do the jobs.
    And just for the Craic!
    Willie O'Dea owns:

Shares:
    Ormond Mining: St. Canice St., Kilkenny: mining;
    African Diamonds: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: mining;
    West African Diamonds: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: mining;
    Persian Gold: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: mining;
    Formation Group: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: leisure;
    Pan Andean Ltd.: 162 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3: mining;
    Essentially Ltd.: Level 14, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP: leisure.

Pan Andean sounds like a Coke smuggling gig.

I'm guessing if Willie O'Dea wasnt in politics he'd fancy a miners life. :)

Stekelly wrote: »

Well he has the chance now. :o)

And just for the Craic!
    Willie O'Dea owns:

he doesn't own them, he just has shares in them.. big big difference...

so no one can post who is involved....

what sort of CT is this....
    OP come on... whats the story???? or you just trolling??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The government doesnt have a choice in who can tender for it's contracts. Any company in the EU is allowed apply.

People cant have it both ways. There would be moaning if we were paying over the odds to have jobs done and moaning if foreign companys do the jobs.

Wasn't he caught drinking with a miner recently? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

robtri wrote: »
    he doesn't own them, he just has shares in them.. big big difference...

Surely owning shares means you do 'own' a stake in the company.
    Welcome to Business 101 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Wasn't he caught drinking with a miner recently? :p

Yep,

He actually went down on her, but he got away with it because he has a Liquor Licence

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement