Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threads being moved.

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Why is it some threads are closed by Mods because they think that its the wrong forum? and some thread are just moved by mods who think the same?

If a thread is in the wrong place is it not better manners to move it instead of killing it dead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hi brian,

I closed your thread because there were two other forums you could have posted it in.

In closing it I gave the links to those forums.

Both were better suited to your thread on Jedward.

I closed it and gave you the option to post it again in whichever one you decided would be preferable rather than move it.

To answer your other question, sometimes a thread is posted and if caught quickly enough can just be moved to the correct forum before the usual AHs response's ruin it.

By ruin it, I mean AH posts are not always the accepted thing in other forums better suited to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Ok I see your point.
    Thanks.

Advertisement