Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hen party suggestions-limerick city

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,
    Am trying to organise my sisters hen party on June bank holiday weekend in Limerick city. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to go and what to do during the day that doesnt involve drink-will leave that to the night-time!Any outdoor activities/places worth seeing etc?Any festivals/events on worth seeing around that time? All help appreciated as I don't know the area.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hot air balloon Flights from Adare ( 10 minutes from limerick)
    Taken from their website. Bit pricey but sounds like fun

"The flights which last approximately one hour are priced at €240.00 per person and operated by Irish Balloon Flights, The flights from Adare Manor will be offered one weekend per month, with two balloons operating simultaneously. The schedule includes two flights on Friday and Saturday evenings, three hours before sunset; and two flights on Saturday and Sunday mornings at dawn. Each hot air balloon can accommodate up to 12 passengers. The full schedule of flights will be published in March detailing the times and available spaces."

You could try horse riding. Adare clarina and Quin are all short driving distances and have horse riding facilities.

There is a unigolf indoor activity centre in castletroy if it raining and ye'd like sum indoor fun

Surfing in Lahinch (about an hour drive)

Ballymorris pottery school is out the road 10 minute. You can book pottery parties

The raddisson hotel has a gorgeous spa where you could go for a spa day or use gym and get a treatment

Yoga day. My yoga teacher does saturday morning workshops starting around 11am. You can PM me about this if you interested

There re lovely walks around UL campus and an Olympic swimming pool

There are salsa classes going on in the city regularly. I'm sure you could book a class for a saturday if you had enough for a class

Go to fabulous Thomond park to see a rugby match

Go shopping to cresent shopping centre

Let me no if you like hotel or restaurant recommendations
    Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sluffy

Cheers for that!think I have enough there to keep us going for a whole week!:)

Advertisement