Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metalcore..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yeah I think Alive or Just Breathing was KSE's high point. I also prefered their older singer Jesse Leach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I happened across Jesse's new band; "The Empire Shall Fall". I think they're fairly nifty, but I doubt I'd listen to them very often. Still, worth a gander.

http://www.myspace.com/theempireshallfall

• Registered Users Posts: 15 garvielloken

Any genre of music that depends on tough guy breakdowns like metalcore has something seriously wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

whats a tough guy breakdown??

I much prefer Howard than Jesse but I do think Howards lyrics are as gay as christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

bigbadcon wrote: »
    whats a tough guy breakdown??

Rubbish like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Is what your referring to just the vocals?

For me i just love the harmonised guitars and double bass stuff that bands like Bullet for my valentine and Killswitch have.

Im not understanding why a lot of people dislike it.

Each to their own I suppose.

Its kinda like people get into heavier and heavier stuff and tend to get a real dislike for anything that isnt as heavy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Is what your referring to just the vocals?

It's the lame one-note chugfests that are shoehorned into every song in that genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

Yeah, they get wearisome after a while. I reckon it's their predictability that puts me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Metalcore might as well have it's own subgenre's, I don't really like that mosh, breakdown orientated stuff that Emmure do. Never really got into The Acacia Strain either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

As I Lay Dying are probably the only Metalcore band I listen to. Although I like one or two songs from BMTH. Though I understand that they're not metalcore. So many labels.:rolleyes:

Anyway, think this is a great song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Its kinda like people get into heavier and heavier stuff and tend to get a real dislike for anything that isnt as heavy..
    That's true, but after that a lot tend to get more eclectic in their tastes, though, for the majority, their opinion on metalcore and the likes still doesn't change. Like I said though, it doesn't bother me, you learn to tune out when it comes to music you don't like and concentrate on the stuff you do. Live and let live, eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Detanon

I'll admit there are alot of **** metalcore bands.
    AILD are okay but they repeat their riffs too much and play too much breakdowns.

Some better metalcore bands are August Burns Red All Shall Perish, Anterior, Sylosis, Within the Ruins etc.

These guys are so good but their not very well known.

ABR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I happened across Jesse's new band; "The Empire Shall Fall". I think they're fairly nifty, but I doubt I'd listen to them very often. Still, worth a gander.

http://www.myspace.com/theempireshallfall

Class band! i love jesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I enjoy breakdowns a lot when used correctly. Stuff like Emmure though is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Have iTunes on random as I do usually have it, 'when darkness falls' by killswitch engage came on, course my foot was tappin.. and head was boppin away.. then I stopped myself, listened intently for a few seconds and realised "..this is ****in shi.te!,"

So what do yas think? Metalcore? any good? or just a load o balls?

I don't really get it, if you were tapping your foot and bopping your head as people do when they enjoy music what made you decide it was sh*te?

There's a lot of great metalcore out there. I was very big into it about 3 or 4 years ago. The Killswitch Engage album with Rose of Sharyn and A Bid Farewell is deadly. Some of the melodic guitar playing is deadly.

I'd also recommend Always the Hard Way by Terror, Ascendancy by Trivium and Constitution of Treason by God Forbid. All great albums

Advertisement