Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI Only 480/576p on philips 42pfl9664

• 19-02-2010 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking for some help. I just picked up my new tv today a philips 42pfl9664 and a sony bdps360 bluray player. the tv is beautiful... :D

Anyway, what i'm wondering is when i play a bluray disc and check the info on the tv it shows up as 480p. Also played a standard dvd and it displays as 576p. As per the sticky here i bought a cheap 3 metre HDMI cable (3M Gold 24k 1.3b HD 1080p) as I would never spend €60-100 for a cable.

The bluray and dvd images both look fantastic but i have no idea if it should be better or if the tv is displaying the resolution incorrectly? Any thoughts on this? Is the HDMI cable just not good enough? And why does the standard dvd display a higher resolution than the bluray disc? :confused:

Any thoughts greatly appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

Have you set your blu ray player to output 1080p?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

:o Thanks ffocused, yeah was going through the menus on the bluray player earlier this evening and found that the output video format was set to video. The other 2 options are component video and HDMI. Once HDMI is selected I can then select 1080p output video resolution.

I expected this would have been set to output 1080p by default on the HDMI port. I wonder how many people out there are watching their bluray discs in 480p resolution thinking (like me :o) that the picture quality is great? I probably would never have known had i not checked the screen info...

Advertisement