Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball Acts so far...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Where did you hear that these two will be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Would anyone have an Email address to contact the organisers of the ball about possibly getting a band on the bill. If you could PM me i would really appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Would anyone have an Email address to contact the organisers of the ball about possibly getting a band on the bill. If you could PM me i would really appreciate it

Try contacting the Ents officer. His e-mail/number etc. should be on www.ucdsu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Cool,thanks for that. :D

I have Emailed him before but got nothing back. Will give it another go. Do you happen to know when the ball is on???

The band in question are www.myspace.com/saccade
    They get people dancing so if anyone here enjoy them then please mention them to you ents officer :)

Thanks again for the web address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Cool,thanks for that. :D

I have Emailed him before but got nothing back. Will give it another go. Do you happen to know when the ball is on???

The band in question are www.myspace.com/saccade
    They get people dancing so if anyone here enjoy them then please mention them to you ents officer :)

Thanks again for the web address

You're welcome. It's on 23rd April, no idea what the story is with bands playing etc. but give it a shot anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Not overly impressed so far. If they're hiking ticket prices by €10 and have a higher number of students attending this year then you'd expect something different than a band that played last year and Irate Sound System, who I haven't heard of.
    All bands not announced yet of course, I hope to eat my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

By my calculations they'll be bringing in about €230,000 from ticket sales so hopefully they'll be able to afford some semi-decent bands..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

RichTea wrote: »
    Not overly impressed so far. If they're hiking ticket prices by €10 and have a higher number of students attending this year then you'd expect something different than a band that played last year and Irate Sound System, who I haven't heard of.
    All bands not announced yet of course, I hope to eat my words!

Irate Sound System are the resident DJs for the Button Factory on Thursday.

Fad wrote: »
    Irate Sound System are the resident DJs for the Button Factory on Thursday.

That's not wholly impressive so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

RichTea wrote: »
    That's not wholly impressive so.

Meh, Button Factory regularly fills out, so they're obviously doing something right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Bright Eyes should be on the bill
    Florence on the Machine are mediocre enough to accept a request to play
    Kings of Leon will take any gig they get the washed up sell outs
    Tell Justice that it is the biggest Irish gig ever and they will play, the braindead fools
    Cheryl Cole will play if she gets to sleep with me that night
    Lie to the Saw Doctors (bogger buffoons) and Aslan (northside knackers) and don't tell them we are having the UCD ball this year
    Tell the Black Eyed Peas there are 8000 people ready to go on the Black Eyed P1ss

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Rumours of Dr Lektroluv is Playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Saw this act on the news last night, she looks unreal, get her at the ball!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0dlWM5yOd0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

CRYSTAL ****ING SWING!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Grimes wrote: »
    CRYSTAL ****ING SWING!!!

They could do a mash up with Jedward, that would be epic! Apocalyptic

damselnat wrote: »
    They could do a mash up with Jedward, that would be apocalyptic!

I love Derbhla, I dont have enough pairs of whitefronts to throw at that stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

I love Derbhla, I dont have enough pairs of whitefronts to throw at that stage

Nah, Mary and that big sh1t eating grin! You could offer to join, they're missing a daddy....:D

damselnat wrote: »
    Nah, Mary and that big sh1t eating grin! You could offer to join, they're missing a daddy....:D

And that wink. I tell ya, every time she does that I get the vapours!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Mixhell and The Subs are confirmed I'm pretty sure.

robz18 wrote: »
    Mixhell and The Subs are confirmed I'm pretty sure.

Im getting old because I have never heard of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Has this actually sold out? And if it hasn't anyone idea how many tickets are left?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Im getting old because I have never heard of them.
    They're both electro houseish dance acts, The Subs is a band while Mixhell is a brazillian dude (drummer from Sepultura) and his wife DJing. I've seen both before and I really enjoyed them.
    Brimmy wrote: »
    Has this actually sold out? And if it hasn't anyone idea how many tickets are left?
    Not sold out and tickets are €35.
    http://ucdsu.ticketabc.com/events/ucdball/

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

calvin harris Dj set

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Bright Eyes should be on the bill
    Florence on the Machine are mediocre enough to accept a request to play
    Kings of Leon will take any gig they get the washed up sell outs
    Tell Justice that it is the biggest Irish gig ever and they will play, the braindead fools
    Cheryl Cole will play if she gets to sleep with me that night
    Lie to the Saw Doctors (bogger buffoons) and Aslan (northside knackers) and don't tell them we are having the UCD ball this year
    Tell the Black Eyed Peas there are 8000 people ready to go on the Black Eyed P1ss
    if florence and the machine is playing i am so gonna a ticket from any arts student :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 benb

benb wrote: »

Only playin a DJ set? You'd think they could at least get him to play his songs...

Good old Calvin Harris. I thought he might be the big name for the dance stage after he played here a couple of years ago and the Trinity Ball last year. Florence and the Machine for the Main Stage and I will eat my words and doff my hat to the organisers...save for Japanese Popstars and Jeddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Offside wrote: »
    Only playin a DJ set? You'd think they could at least get him to play his songs...

Well his songs are famous songs so im sure we'll have a nice mixture of his best with the best of the rest ala Boyz Noize in the Student Bar.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Well his songs are famous songs so im sure we'll have a nice mixture of his best with the best of the rest ala Boyz Noize in the Student Bar.

Yeah was at his DJ set in Spy for arthur guinness day, he played I'm not alone and You used to hold me and that was about it from his own songs, was a good DJ set so I'm not complainin but dunno if it'd be as good at an outdoor concert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jedward were dropped by their label today, will this have any impact on them playing the UCD ball? (please please please)

Advertisement