Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball Acts so far...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Haven't gotten mine yet either, gonna email them about it now, it's a shambles if they havent even sent them out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

ironclaw wrote: »
    I never got anything like that. As the email I got above says, I'd be posted them.
    Out of interest, what URL did you use to buy the tickets? I just ask as I have heard of other non-student union websites out there. I got mine at http://ucdsu.ticketabc.com/events/ucdball/

Edit: I just re-read your earlier post, you got the early bird tickets. Would explain why there might be differences. Not why they are late or why they changed the format though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I got the early bird aswell and have no ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mickeyie05

will there be any problem gettin in with out a ucd student with u do u think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Any word on the schedule for the day yet? Calvin Harris is playing in Carlow as well on friday night so I'm guessing he'll be on early. The gig there is meant to start 9:30 so he'll prob be on stage at 11, 90min drive from Dub to Carlow.. hopefully he wont be on before 6pm or so anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Blut2 wrote: »
    Calvin Harris is playing in Carlow .

Whats on in Carlow? Did not think CH would be playing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Any word on the schedule for the day yet? Calvin Harris is playing in Carlow as well on friday night so I'm guessing he'll be on early. The gig there is meant to start 9:30 so he'll prob be on stage at 11, 90min drive from Dub to Carlow.. hopefully he wont be on before 6pm or so anyway.

He's playing in Dublin Saturday night too. (Propaganda @ The Academy).

Hmmm, busy man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 UCD Ball

Regarding the tickets - if you examine the top right corner of each ticket it has a unique 2D barcode similar to an airline boarding pass. On the day of the event each barcode will be scanned before patrons are allowed join the queue to enter the event site.

If your ticket has already been used i.e. you have allowed it to be photocopied the unique barcode will only work once! Anyone presneting after this will be turned away from the event by the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Just got my ticket there from that online thing. Jaysus, only in UCD would early bird ticket mean barely getting a ticket. Total joke so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Well since it's a DJ set I'd imagine it's in a club in Carlow meaning he won't be on stage until around 1am so as headliner of the Dance Stage at UCD I'd say he'll be on around 9:30 or so (Dance Stage is finishing at 10:30pm).

• Advertisement

Jello wrote: »
    Well since it's a DJ set I'd imagine it's in a club in Carlow meaning he won't be on stage until around 1am so as headliner of the Dance Stage at UCD I'd say he'll be on around 9:30 or so (Dance Stage is finishing at 10:30pm).

My guess is that he's probably playing in the Foundry Carlow, and that would start till at least 11.

El Siglo wrote: »
    My guess is that he's probably playing in the Foundry Carlow, and that would start till at least 11.
    'The Temple' according so his myspace, there's support acts too so I can't see him being on that early.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Saw today that Mundy has been added to the posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

and they've finally fixed iglu and hartley's name. Not "igly and hartley" as it was on all of them last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eoin18

do u have to be a ucd student to go ?

Eoin18 wrote: »
    do u have to be a ucd student to go ?
    No but you need to go in with a UCD student, who can bring 3 non-UCD people. I'm sure you could just ask someone in the queue to bring you in if you're stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Ents FaceBook:
    Early Bird Tickets can be collected in The Astra Hall in the Student Centre on Thursday 22nd April between 10am and 2pm. An email with more information will be sent to all students who purchased UCD Ball early bird tickets online

I'll once again say, absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ironclaw wrote: »
    Ents FaceBook:

I'll once again say, absolute joke.

I dont know why i expected anything different. I posted on the page saying it was a ridiculous idea and we should just be emailed them. It was swiftly removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

anyone have any idea wat time it will be finished at???

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

anyone have any idea wat time it will be finished at???

Think it said half 10 in the email they sent out about traffic arrangements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

thanks, do you say they will be strict with the 'nobody gets in after 5pm' because one of my mates has a ticket but is working until 5 :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

They are erecting the compound today, not exactly as huge as rumours were making it out to be! . . . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 timo87

jesus is it just me or is the area tiny?
    i thought either the merville or roebuck gaa pitch would be used, by the look of the map it's only the soccer pitch and a bit of the car park.
    Is that not too small for the crowd that's gonna be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

timo87 wrote: »
    jesus is it just me or is the area tiny?
    i thought either the merville or roebuck gaa pitch would be used, by the look of the map it's only the soccer pitch and a bit of the car park.
    Is that not too small for the crowd that's gonna be there?

It's the other pitch too where they are laying the wood chippings. It's actually a massive area all combined. You enter over at the car pay and display car park outside of Glenomena on the main UCD entrance and one stage and carnival will be on pitch outside of Merville (opposite bus stops) and the other stage is across the road on the pitch beside the Quinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

MuddyDog wrote: »
    It's the other pitch too where they are laying the wood chippings. It's actually a massive area all combined. You enter over at the car pay and display car park outside of Glenomena on the main UCD entrance and one stage and carnival will be on pitch outside of Merville (opposite bus stops) and the other stage is across the road on the pitch beside the Quinn.

I assume the thing they're building in the car park is the headphone disco.. the main stage is on the quinn school side of the road and the dance stage is the one opposite the bus stop then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Will the rest of college still be open during this piece of ****? I still have work that I need to do and it would be handy if deadulus was going to be open.

Will the rest of college still be open during this piece of ****? I still have work that I need to do and it would be handy if deadulus was going to be open.

Yes. I've never went to a ball when I was in UCD because I was always too busy, but the rest of the place runs normally. This is my first time going and I'm not even in college there.;)

Anyone know if you'll be able to go from the Ball area to the student bar once your ticket is scanned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Jello wrote: »
    Anyone know if you'll be able to go from the Ball area to the student bar once your ticket is scanned?

Your ticket can't be scanned more than once - if you leave the arena at any time, you won't be able to get back in. Once you're in, you're in for the day/night I guess.

Advertisement