Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball Acts so far...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Hotaru wrote: »
    Your ticket can't be scanned more than once - if you leave the arena at any time, you won't be able to get back in. Once you're in, you're in for the day/night I guess.
    Yeah, I kinda hoped the student bar was part of the Ball arena though! Guess it's too far away from the stages to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

It seems kinda crap to keep people there without leave, couldn't they have some kind of a tag for your arm or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Kournikova wrote: »
    It seems kinda crap to keep people there without leave, couldn't they have some kind of a tag for your arm or something?

That would be forwarding thinking. Something we have seen little, if any, of.

But yes, I'd say there will be a smiley sticker for all attendee's printed moments before the doors open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Uhm is it by any chance sold out...?

I bought a ticket but am since having some difficulties.

/retarded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

ironclaw wrote: »
    That would be forwarding thinking. Something we have seen little, if any, of.

I think the main reason for that is that UCD wouldn't go for the Event Plan or whatever its called and the ball wouldn't happen then. On top of that once you go over 5000 ppl there's licences etc that have to be got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Anyone hear that the college Glee Club are on at 4pm before Jedward???!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Anyone hear that the college Glee Club are on at 4pm before Jedward???!

Yeh I saw that, what the fuck? "college glee club", jesus jump on every bandwagon why don't they. Was down at astra hall collecting a ticket for a friend of mine, the whole set up is a fucking shambles, typical su retards.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

well Jedward cancelled their show...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

The Agogo wrote: »
    well Jedward cancelled their show...

At least the eggs won't be wasted so.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

Yeah it says there still on sale but on the website it keeps rejecting cards, both mr and my friend had a go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

€35 for Calvin Harris? Bargin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

€35 for Calvin Harris? Bargin.

DJ set though. He's doing the same thing in the academy on Saturday for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

does anybody know anything out the cost of drink inside the event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 anotherson

Usual Concert Prices I'd say...can't see them goin easy on us!

Anyone know if there's a running order for the acts tomoro....really wanna check out Picturehouse, but I don't see myself gettin in there til 6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Apparently I need to remind people of this - buying and selling tickets ain't allowed. Next person doing it goes in time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Raphael wrote: »
    Apparently I need to remind people of this - buying and selling tickets ain't allowed. Next person doing it goes in time out.

:confused: i can't ask if anyone has a spare ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

:confused: i can't ask if anyone has a spare ticket?

I think you just did :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Any way to tell the differance between a printed and a photocopied ticket does anyone know? Like is a printed one in colour or one a stiffer paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

.........they'd be the exact same as they're not officially printed from UCD or anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Any way to tell the differance between a printed and a photocopied ticket does anyone know? Like is a printed one in colour or one a stiffer paper?

Apparently, according to an Ents email doing the rounds photocopied tickets will not scan properly.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Loads of ways, and probably missing a hologram. Inkjet printers tend to smudge stuff too, so if the barcode's tiny then there'll be hassle reading it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is there a deadline on entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

I hope every going to this or is planning on being in the student bar enjoys coors light. Its the only lager, draught or bottle they are allowed sell today.

Ruined my last pint of the semester in the forum bar.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That's a big insane - you'd think the bar would trade as normal, whatever about the festival ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Yeah I know, after he said coors was all they were selling on draught I tried for a bottle of tiger beer. Barman had to go round the back and ring someone else to check if he was allowed sell it to me, unfortunately not and I didn't really want cider so I settled for a pint of tap water. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The barcode thing was a trick. They had no scanners so you could have photocopied it loads of times. It was a great night nonetheless. There were some problems like queueing 20 minutes for food and at the end having to walk towards the front gate and not being allowed go towards clonskeagh (although we did manage it in the end). It was pretty funny when it got delayed due to people throwing plastic cups onto the stage. There wasnt too much trouble, only saw one fight (right in front of about 6 gardai at the bar) and a few people getting kicked out for throwing cups. The big shock was that the vengaboys mimed! and that they are releasing a new single

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

What a great night!

Can't believe I don't have a hangover though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Brilliant night, well organised, never had to queue more than 5 minutes for a drink which I was very surprised about (paying the price now). The bluff about the tickets could have been a disaster though. Loved Calvin Harris' set and the vengaboys were great fun... Just wondering was there actually a silent disco or carnival? I saw neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Offside wrote: »
    Just wondering was there actually a silent disco or carnival? I saw neither!

About 100 feet back from the main stage there was a tent where you could get the headphones. No sign of the carnival

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

About 100 feet back from the main stage there was a tent where you could get the headphones. No sign of the carnival

Not true; if you got into a port-a-loo and got people to shake it it was like something they'd have at Funderland!

Advertisement