Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to work with animals

Options
  • 19-02-2010 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

I'm unemployed, and I need something to do with my time. I adore all animals, and only for I want to keep my options open in terms of moving abroad, I definitely would have pets of my own. So I'm looking to help out someone with animals that needs help. I thought about dog walking, but dogs can be quite temperamental and I don't have any formal training with dogs so I don't think that'd be such a good idea. I'm posting here because I don't exactly what I could do. I'd like to volunteer to help in the animal sanctuary but it's so far away, and I've no way of getting there. So if anyone has any ideas let me know. I could basically be available at any time of day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why not help with the Limerick Society for Protection against cruelty to animals?

They are based next to the railway station. Their number is 061-415618

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Thanks, i'll call up tomorrow and see if there's anything going. Anyone have more ideas?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Limerick Animal Welfare would no doubt welcome another pair of hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Limerick Animal Welfare would no doubt welcome another pair of hands.

+1 on this. They especially need people at weekends to help with cleaning, feeding, and walking etc.

The contact numbers are:

063 91110

087 6371044

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Kess73 wrote: »
    +1 on this. They especially need people at weekends to help with cleaning, feeding, and walking etc.

Ya I would be up for that, but as I said before I have no way of getting there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ya I would be up for that, but as I said before I have no way of getting there.

Often there are other volunteers that happily give lifts in and out of town to others that are there on the same day as them. It won't hurt to phone and see what gets suggested to you.

They also often need help with street collections, so that might be another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

If you are interested in working with animals how about going to coliste chiarain in croom co limerick?

They do a one year course in animal care starting in September.

Or help LAW with street collections. They had a collection today.

Advertisement