Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes U

Options
  • 19-02-2010 2:11am

Hey! I'm curious to know if anyone else around here uses iTunes U to help them with their studies. iTunes U is a section of the iTunes store where you can download material from universities for free (kind of like podcasts but better organised and more specific). There's a huge wealth of material there, and while a lot of it wouldn't be relevant to the LC courses, much of it is if you know what to look for.

For example, I've downloaded lots of short videos demonstrating different processes from my Biology course such as DNA replication & translation, mitosis, urine formation etc. I've also found short courses designed to improve essay writing skills, creative writing, and there's a ton of language based ones. I put some of them on my iPod so I can learn on the go, or go over some of them while I'm studying that topic.

I know it sounds really nerdy but a lot of these videos are really helpful, and they come from universities so most are of very good quality. Does any one else here use them? If so, have you found them useful and do you have any recommendations for particularly useful ones?

PS: I do not work for Apple :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I havent heard of i-tunes U,

But i have about 300 podcasts for learning french and conversations and the like, very helpfull when i listen to them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Thanks, that's actually great! Does anyone know what course the "health sciences" videos are from in TCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

PS: I do not work for Apple :P
    Prove it! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

yeah prove it

coldwood92 wrote: »
    yeah prove it

Haha! Really? :confused: I'm more of a Windows girl in all honesty, with a fondness for iTunes and iPods. I'm hardly trying to sell you anything, the stuff is free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Haha! Really? :confused: I'm more of a Windows girl in all honesty, with a fondness for iTunes and iPods. I'm hardly trying to sell you anything, the stuff is free!
    Another reason to rob my bro's ipod woop:rolleyes: I'm gonna get some of the French ones, considering I haven't looked at french since last hm June:o

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I love iTunes U! :D

I have a few Medicine related podcasts from the University of California that are really interesting and a German one for beginners :P but their accents are really good, quite helpful!

I love iTunes U! :D

I have a few Medicine related podcasts from the University of California that are really interesting and a German one for beginners :P but their accents are really good, quite helpful!
    Yeah I have some medical podcasts from Yale myself...but when I tell people that they give me dirty looks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

..Never knew about this till now, :eek: wow im going to look cool on the bus now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Wow I better look at this, I've been looking everywhere for university podcasts :D. Thanks for the share.

crow92, what french podcasts do you have? I haven't found a good one yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

This sounds really cool! Gonna give it a try myself.. Seconding H2student anyone know good french ones to download? Thanks for the heads up!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

H2student wrote: »
    Wow I better look at this, I've been looking everywhere for university podcasts :D. Thanks for the share.

I have the learn french by podcasts and french for beginners,

I only use learn french by podcast, about 140+ of 10-15 min lessons, Really helped my aural and the oral, I've only listened to about 20 of them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

omg this is brilliant!!!

there's so much stuff on it!!!!!! :O

i wanna learn greek and spanish and russian and german and arabic.....

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

H2student wrote: »

I put in a search for "french a level's" ..Theres good conversations on the lc topics. Family, health, technology, etc........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement