Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert in Thomond Park

Options
  • 19-02-2010 3:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

so Black Eyed Peyes have cancelled their concert in Thomond Park. Fcuk them but I'm just wondering who people here would realistically like to see play in Thomnd park? I personally would love to see Eminem Live. Crack a bottle and his verse on forever live? Perfection personified in my opinion but I'm sure a lot of ye disagree

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

You could book Eminem, and then carpet bomb the place. I love the Thomond Park but it would be sooooo worth it! ;)

Realistically, it would have to be a major act like Bruce Springsteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

You could book Eminem, and then carpet bomb the place. I love the Thomond Park but it would be sooooo worth it! ;)

Realistically, it would have to be a major act like Bruce Springsteen.
    [/QUOTE]
    What's that supposed to mean man? Eminem would be great, I'd cream myself if he played thomond park. but Ya the boss would be good enough, eminem or guns n roses i reckon man would do the job or phil Collins for in the air tonight LIVE!!!!!!!

check this out:

No better song in my opinion

Phil colins would be great too in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

I'd put money on it being the Cranberries...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Guns N Roses are coming to Europe this summer and have just sold out 70,000 seater stadiums in South America. The band are on fire too, just don't expect to see Slash. Still well worth going to though.

Here is a video of them in action just before Christmas. This would be mental in Thomond Park

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Eminem would bring nothing but scobes,Phil Collins is just plain awful, someone like Muse or Springsteen or even a WWE event would be great for a stadium setting

• Advertisement

Eminem or any hip-hop/rap act would be the worst possible choice and attract the worst element you could imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"aboy deh Eminem kiiiiidddddd!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

RonMexico wrote: »
    Guns N Roses are coming to Europe this summer and have just sold out 70,000 seater stadiums in South America. The band are on fire too, just don't expect to see Slash. Still well worth going to though.

Here is a video of them in action just before Christmas. This would be mental in Thomond Park

[RANT]

Thats not GNR, no Slash, no duff, no Izzy, no Steven or Matt. He should never use the GNR name.

[/RANT]

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I love and prefer the old line-up but get used to it as Axl owns the name and can do what he likes with it.

Adler was fired
    Izzy left.
    Duff left.
    Slash left.

Slash and Duff signed over the rights to Axl. At least Axl hasn't resorted to whoring himself out to pop acts like Fergie and The Pussycat Dolls.

I love and prefer the old line-up but get used to it as Axl owns the name and can do what he likes with it.

Adler was fired
    Izzy left.
    Duff left.
    Slash left.

Slash and Duff signed over the rights to Axl. At least Axl hasn't resorted to whoring himself out to pop acts like Fergie and The Pussycat Dolls.
    I went to see the new Guns n Roses in Rds in 2006 and thought they were fantastic. Axl had to go backstage for oxygen hits though after every song which was very annoying!

Who is that comment about Fergie and The Pussycat Dolls directed at? :confused:

• Advertisement

Eminem or any hip-hop/rap act would be the worst possible choice and attract the worst element you could imagine.
    Thats unfortunately probably true. and people say that Limerick doesnt deserve its bad reputation :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

There's no show like a Joe show. Oh, wait a minute.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Id like to see the chilli peppers in TP.. Or kings of leon those type bands would be the best for a stadium i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jedward supported by Red Hurley... :p

Jigga wrote: »
    I went to see the new Guns n Roses in Rds in 2006 and thought they were fantastic. Axl had to go backstage for oxygen hits though after every song which was very annoying!

Who is that comment about Fergie and The Pussycat Dolls directed at? :confused:

Yeah I was at that gig too. The reports from the latest tour indicate that he does this less now and that his voice is MUCH better, sounds just like the old days. He is better prepared for the tour and the band have much better chemistry. They look and sound like a proper band now.

As much as I love Slash I cringe every time I see him onstage with Fergie and The Pussycat Dolls. He performed at The Grammys with Jamie Foxx and butchered the November Rain solo.

I think he should stick to rock and avoid the pop shenanigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Stab*City wrote: »
    Id like to see the chilli peppers in TP.. Or kings of leon those type bands would be the best for a stadium i think..

yea all they need is a guitarist and they could play:rolleyes: we can dream

someone like muse,coldplay,greenday,kings of leon,killers,franz ferdinand, snow patrol,

or else have a couple of bands play one day.(3 mediocre bands playing a festival type day would fill the stadium. could have it on over the may or august bank holiday weekend)

white lies, bellx1, vampire weekend, mgmt, mundy, the frames(or swell season)........................

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah I was at that gig too. The reports from the latest tour indicate that he does this less now and that his voice is MUCH better, sounds just like the old days. He is better prepared for the tour and the band have much better chemistry. They look and sound like a proper band now.

As much as I love Slash I cringe every time I see him onstage with Fergie and The Pussycat Dolls. He performed at The Grammys with Jamie Foxx and butchered the November Rain solo.

I think he should stick to rock and avoid the pop shenanigans.

He has an album out this year. From what I have heard so far it sounds like it is very good. He has a pile of different singers on it including Chris Cornell, Lemmy, Myles Kennedy, Iggy Pop, Dave Grohl, Duff McKagan, Ozzy Osbourne, and Fergie.

Pretty sure that the lead singer from Avenged Sevenfold is singing on one song too, and that Andrew Stockdale sings on one. Probably have forgotten a few of the other singers involved.

It is out in music shops in May, but there is a special edition of Classic Rock out in April that is dedicated to Slash, his career and the album, and it has the album and some patches etc with the magazine. I pre-ordered that version, as it means I get the album a month before it gets to the shops here, plus there is the magazine and the little bits with it.

There will be only 1,000 edition of the Classic rock album pack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Yeah I know that, I just don't like it and don't want to get used to it.:(
    Adler was fired

I always find this funny, getting kicked out of Guns for drug use.
    Izzy left.
    Duff left.
    Slash left.

Apparently Izzy got sick of Axl always turning up late to gigs and riots ensuing. He was also getting over a drug addiction and there was to much temptation around GNR at the time.

Duff and Slash felt that they had no say in the band anymore and just left.

Slash, Duff and Matt have/had Velvet Revolver which were a really cool band.

Slash has a new solo/collaboration album coming out which is meant to be pretty cool. It features all the old Guns lineup bar Axl.

I have heard a version or two of paradise city that slash done with Fergie & Cypress Hill which is ****e.

Even after Slash left Guns Axl has been through 3 or 4 guitarists and drummers.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

cyberspi wrote: »
    I'd put money on it being the Cranberries...

Cranberries in TP would be amazing! I would defo pay good money to see that.

h3000 wrote: »
    Yeah I know that, I just don't like it and don't want to get used to it.:(

Yeah I'd love to see the old line-up but not if it is just for the money with clear tension onstage. Unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen.

I always find this funny, getting kicked out of Guns for drug use.
    I love Adler but he was so ****ed up he had a stroke. He did like 40 takes on Civil War and still couldn't get it right.
    Apparently Izzy got sick of Axl always turning up late to gigs and riots ensuing. He was also getting over a drug addiction and there was to much temptation around GNR at the time.

Yeah and that is not ALL Axls fault. He was sober but late, the others were junkies.
    Duff and Slash felt that they had no say in the band anymore and just left.

You should read Axls side of the story. Very very interesting reading. I don't believe he is at fault for EVERYTHING like Slash makes out. Slash is quite the liar too.
    Slash, Duff and Matt have/had Velvet Revolver which were a really cool band.

Yeah I saw them in concert, great show but interesting that they also had trouble with Scott Weiland who afterwards said he could understand where Axl was coming from.
    Slash has a new solo/collaboration album coming out which is meant to be pretty cool. It features all the old Guns lineup bar Axl.

Should be good but reports indicate nothing groundbreaking. Fergie - I rest my case.
    Even after Slash left Guns Axl has been through 3 or 4 guitarists and drummers.
    [/quote]

Much different set-up now. More like NIN who constantly change the line-up according to needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

The Craberries are playing in cork the 29th june so would they do thomond park aswell?!

Would they sell out both?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

panda100 wrote: »
    Cranberries in TP would be amazing! I would defo pay good money to see that.

Do ya have to? do you have to? do ya have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Alice10 wrote: »
    The Craberries are playing in cork the 29th june so would they do thomond park aswell?!

Would they sell out both?!

No,that's why they are playing the marquee,which is a relativley small venue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Icky Thump wrote: »
    yea all they need is a guitarist and they could play:rolleyes: we can dream

someone like muse,coldplay,greenday,kings of leon,killers,franz ferdinand, snow patrol,

or else have a couple of bands play one day.(3 mediocre bands playing a festival type day would fill the stadium. could have it on over the may or august bank holiday weekend)

white lies, bellx1, vampire weekend, mgmt, mundy, the frames(or swell season)........................

That's a great idea. Have it early in the summer before the festival season really takes off similar to the Garden Party a few years back. From 1 pm to 11 pm. Start off with a few unknows bands/local talent and then from 6-11 get some fairly famous bands there. I'd happily pay 80 bucks if it was a decent line up. Try get bands where the date would coincide with their touring.

I'd love to see bands like Hot Chip, Jamiriquai, Primal Scream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

magma69 wrote: »
    That's a great idea. Have it early in the summer before the festival season really takes off similar to the Garden Party a few years back. From 1 pm to 11 pm. Start off with a few unknows bands/local talent and then from 6-11 get some fairly famous bands there. I'd happily pay 80 bucks if it was a decent line up. Try get bands where the date would coincide with their touring.

I'd love to see bands like Hot Chip, Jamiriquai, Primal Scream.

it would be pretty cool on a day like today. could have it during riverfest???

i think we should be in charge:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Was Tom Dunne on Newstalk talking to someone earlier about a Metal Festival in or around Limerick?

- Only caught the end......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    Was Tom Dunne on Newstalk talking to someone earlier about a Metal Festival in or around Limerick?

- Only caught the end......

Did not hear his show, but maybe it there is another Sunday gig planned in Baker Place.

Not really a festival as it was indoors, but it was pretty much called one last year. Basically it was a mix of local and Irish bands playing throughout the day. Was pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

eminem no thanks imagine all the hoods at that gig, I would love to see and I will get creamed for this TAKE THAT at Thomond or U2

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No thanks to Eminem too, there's a 90% he'd cancel anyway.

I heard that for the first 2 or 3 years, they can only have 2 acts to see how it is managed and how much money it brings in so that's the festival idea out the window for now.

I was at the Elton John gig (best gig ever!) and the sound in the stadium is very, very good. I'll have to go to a second to see if that's because of the Stadium's structure or because Elton's sound engineers are excellent.

Would LOVE Bruce to come, saw him in the RDS twice and he's unreal. Sound was terrible though, it would be a good way to compare the sound to Elton's.

+1 on Phil Collins, the one act I will really regret not seeing if he doesn't do one more tour.

Unfortunately, Billy Joel is taking a year out.

I think a band that would do well would be Green Day. Not a big fan of them but I can see them selling it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

mars bar wrote: »
    I heard that for the first 2 or 3 years, they can only have 2 acts to see how it is managed and how much money it brings in so that's the festival idea out the window for now.
    well a festival idea is basically a few medicocre bands.

it would have to be on a bank holiday weekend

here is a sample of what it could look like
    Saturday
    Franz Ferdinand
    Kasabian
    Zutons
    Saw Doctors
    and then 3 or 4 local bands

Sunday
    Stereophonics
    Aslan
    Delorentos
    Mundy
    and another 3 or 4 local bands

you would prob need 1 more big band or maybe a couple more medium sized bands

gates open at 12 noon on the sat and sun
    both nights the gig ends at 11pm
    tickets 80-90 quid

i think alort of people would pay that

if only 20,000 people went
    20,000 x 80 = €1,600,000

ow i dont know the procedure for getting a band to play. but for arguements sake lest say TP payed Elton John €1 million to play last year(i doubt it was anywhere near that). if Elton cost that much then im pretty sure the bands ive mentioned above would cost less than that IN TOTAL. plaus the fact the local bands wouldnt cost anything as they have a chance to promote themselves. you could also get possibly a local grabnt for potentially bringing alot of people to the city for a weekend of festivalling(if 20,000 people bought tickets i doubt all of them would be from limerick)

so we are looking at TP making €1,600,000 from ticket sales
    the local economy benifiting from 20,000 festival people(maybe 5-10k that would require hotels)
    the bands playing would have a chance to sell their merchandise at the gigs plus alot of bands love to play festivals anyway(the chillies offered to play glastonbury for free but where turned down:D. we wont get the chillies but im just proving bands love festivals)

instead of paying for 1 HUGE band that might draw 15-20 thousand why not pay the exact same for 10 medium bands to play and draw the same crowd but for a whole weekend.........................

i swear im going to have to change my career ambitions or nothing good will happen event wise:rolleyes:
    mars bar wrote: »
    Would LOVE Bruce to come, saw him in the RDS twice and he's unreal. Sound was terrible though, it would be a good way to compare the sound to Elton's.

+1 on Phil Collins, the one act I will really regret not seeing if he doesn't do one more tour.

Unfortunately, Billy Joel is taking a year out.

I think a band that would do well would be Green Day. Not a big fan of them but I can see them selling it out.
    Bruce or Phil would be amazing

Green day would be amazing

who ever we get they cant be playing in Dublin or it wont sell out here.

we need to get a proper rail way between cork limerick and galway. that way it would be alot easier for people to get here and we would sell out alot more of these events

Advertisement