Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 and their wonderful customer service

• 19-02-2010 6:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

I have been having trouble making/receiving calls/texts and going on the internet since 5pm yesterday. I don't have a landline phone so my mobile is the only way that I have for keeping in touch with people and I tried my sim in different phone, restarted etc and nothing was working..

So I rang 02 twice (using skype on my PC) and their wonderful CS team told me oh no it is your sim card and there is no fault... so that explains why other people in my house can't get coverage either so its now 6am and I still can't make ruddy calls. I am so angry. They wouldn't even put a fault report through :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

I had the same last night, to say it has been frustrating dealing with O2 customer care is putting it mildly. What area of Dublin are you in?

I was fine for signal all last night in Ballsbridge, until I got home in D15 and then I had no signal, my neighbour has no signal and neither does my flatmate, after calling O2, like yourself I was told it was my sim card and after that it was my phone and I should try restarting my phone and re-seating my sim card.

I told the agent that I had already tried this and that this and tried other phones and this still does not explain why

A) I had signal all night and only lost it when I got into my home area
    B) How 6 people in the same area had the same problems from around the same time (5pm last night)

When I challenged the customer care rep about this I was told I must not have reset the phone correctly and must have res-seated the sim card correctly else things would be working 100% fine for me, and asked me step by step how I did this because I was doing something wrong and it was my fault.

I called again and was immediately told a very similar story by another rep, after which I asked for a supervisor, after asking for a supervisor I was told I would not be put through to one as she can help me with my problem as it is a very basic thing to fix and it is basically down to the customer and is not an O2 problem so a supervisor cannot help. I then asked for disconnections and was hung up on.

At the third time of asking I finally got someone who tried to help and took a fault report down, agreeing that it was not very likely that six sim cards all broke down at once having all previously been working fine, and the associated forms also breaking down as once, and he would get an engineer to have a look at it, I'm waiting to see what effect that has, but as of today I have no signal still in my home area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

angel01 wrote: »
    I have been having trouble making/receiving calls/texts and going on the internet since 5pm yesterday. I don't have a landline phone so my mobile is the only way that I have for keeping in touch with people and I tried my sim in different phone, restarted etc and nothing was working..

So I rang 02 twice (using skype on my PC) and their wonderful CS team told me oh no it is your sim card and there is no fault... so that explains why other people in my house can't get coverage either so its now 6am and I still can't make ruddy calls. I am so angry. They wouldn't even put a fault report through :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Is there anything I can do? Did you end up getting thru to someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Yes, I have got it sorted out now, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

All I can say it try ringing 3 "customer service"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

angel01 wrote: »
    Yes, I have got it sorted out now, thanks.
    Well if you need anything let me know. I assure top notch Customer Care ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

All I will say is that is a pity that the telephone agents don't do the same. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

Is there anything I can do? Did you end up getting thru to someone?

I got mine sorted eventually, a shame that the other agents I spoke to beginning with seemed not to take me seriously and wanted to blame my phone and my sim card and anything but O2 despite the number of people in my area with the same problem.

Big thanks to the agent who did deal with my problem correctly, he should be given a medal for actually understanding what customer service is, whereas the other two should be told to use their common swense rather than reading for a script which doesn't have an option for it being O2's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

I have found O2's customer service to be going downhill lately. When I had a simple billing issue, it took ages to resolve it. I'm not sure why that is, but I sincerely hope O2 can turn the tide.

Advertisement