Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello Kitty Magazine

Options
  • 19-02-2010 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum to post this on:

In local shop the other day with my daughter (5 years old) when her eye caught the "Hello Kitty Magazine". Lovely and pink with a free plate and booklet (12 pages - approx 8 recipes).

Only realsied when we got home that this is "aimed at 14 year olds" (in small print at the side) and our little girl was disgusted there was no pictures to colour etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Didn't you look at it before buying it?
    Hello Kitty is not just targeted as a brand for children, there are Hello Kitty vibrators.
    That magizine is part of a collection series and not a comic for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Would you buy her one of these?
    105603.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

There is also a hello kitty military range!!!
    HelloKittyMainmain.jpg

hello-kitty-assault-rifle1.jpg

hellokittygun.jpg?w=420

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Please note that those are Hello Kitty airsoft rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Thaedydal wrote: »

Which are only suitable for use by older children under adult supervision.

(Sorry, it's the Airsofter in me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

deelite wrote: »
    Hope this is the right forum to post this on:

In local shop the other day with my daughter (5 years old) when her eye caught the "Hello Kitty Magazine". Lovely and pink with a free plate and booklet (12 pages - approx 8 recipes).

Only realized when we got home that this is "aimed at 14 year olds" (in small print at the side) and our little girl was disgusted there was no pictures to colour etc.
    Looks like you will have to attempt some inventive recipes to put on the hello kitty plate as a damage limitation exercise;) You could always get a childs baking / cake making kit. Kids love to bake and cook stuff at this age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sorry for continuing the 'Off-Topicness', but just for clarification, the top one is most certainly the real thing; here's the blog of the builder:
    http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/2007/12/26/hello-kitty-ar-15---evil-black-rifle-meets-cute-and.aspx
    It's a California-legal AR-15 he built for his wife.
    Strictly speaking, it's got a Kalashnikitty logo on it, not a Hello Kitty one.

The second one I suspect is also real, it's certainly on display in a 'real' gunshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Didn't you look at it before buying it?
    Hello Kitty is not just targeted as a brand for children, there are Hello Kitty vibrators.
    That magizine is part of a collection series and not a comic for children.

I did look at it before buying it - it was only later when I came across the tiny print saying not suitable for kids under 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

so i assume that over 14 means from a cooking point of view. e.g. melting chocolate, peeling fruit etc. so they wont get sued by a parent complaining that they bought the mag for a 6 year old who promptly burned the kitchen down.

Advertisement