Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuous media player on multi page site

Options
  • 19-02-2010 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm making a site with about 6 sections, each with a different URL.

The client would like a small Flash media player of song previews alongside the navigation on every page.

He wants the music to play continuously even when the user navigates to another page.

I'm having trouble thinking how i could do this, obviously i want to avoid framesets ! I could load content with Ajax but then every page wont have it's own unique URL.

Any ideas anyone ?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Aside from the two methods you mention, a popup is the only alternative I can think of.

I'd go with ajax, no reason why the pages can't also be accessed via direct URL too.

You could write an unobtrusive ajax component which would load an entire HTML page in. I think that's what facebook does to keep their chat window active.

Advertisement