Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

k1 visa to usa - processing time second stage

Options
  • 19-02-2010 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi There
    I am stationery/living in Dublin for the last 4 years and intend to marry an us. citizen through the K1 visa.
    My fiancee got approval from USCIS in the states. We got the information that the papers will be send to the Dublin US Embassy. I called the hotline and they told me that this process will take 4-6 weeks. It is over that time now.
    Anybody went through this and/or know how to get some information of the status?

Thanks!
    Lukas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I am a bit confused because after the USCIS, the application usually goes to the NVC first, where you send in mroe info, before it gets sent to the embassy. Has your fiancee checked the status of the petition online? Does it say it has been received by the embassy yet?

If the embassy received it 6 weeks or more ago (ie inlate 2009), it is strange that you have not heard yet. I assume you have not moved or anything, so they have your current address to send paperwork to? I would have yourUS fiancee call the embassy- the US citizen often gets quicker answers- and check on the status of the ap.

Advertisement