Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Database

• 19-02-2010 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi again
    Anyone know where I'd get a copy of a Database (access) of Waterford City and County businesses.

I want to do a mass mailing a for a local charity. I'd use the info to merge into a letter etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

don't have one but if you go onto the Enterprise Board site they have a list of local businesses there

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭crazydude

Thanks

I really would like a Database as it will take a hell of a lot of hard work away and free up time.

Even a partial one would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

The chamber of commerce have such a database of their members. They do mail shots and can include fliers, etc., usually at a cost. For a charity, who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

You probably won't get such a database in Excel/Access format from anyone, but if you contact the City Enterprise Board, County Enterprise Board and the Chamber, tell them what you want to do and they might be able to help:

info@waterfordceb.com
    waterfordceb@cablesurf.com
    info@waterfordchamber.ie

I don't think any of them do postal mailings but might be able to do something via email. You should also send something to the local print media: News & Star, Munster Express, Waterford Today, My Waterford Magazine and radio stations: WLR and Beat, to get your message out.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭crazydude

Thanks Guys

A email list might work.

We are on the case regarding print & broadcast media (I forgot about My Waterford...thanks for reminding me).

And of course I'll put my request out here also when the time comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I forgot to mention, another thing you could consider, for city centre businesses, is to get someone to do a walkabout and deliver the letters in to the business's premises. I'm sure you could get a few people together to do this. You could also get someone in a car to do the businesses in the industrial estate and business parks.

There is a company who do a delivery service mainly to homes in Waterford, Tramore and Dungarvan but they might be able to deliver to businesses only for you. Email waterforddistributioncompany@eircom.net and see what they can do for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Try www.kompass.ie, it's also available in the library as far as I know. This is the database many marketing companies use for cold calling and it's exportable to Excel.

Advertisement