Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shattered Horizon free to play weekend - 19th Feb 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

its a bit **** tbh, about an hours worth of play in it before you get bored.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i found it enjoyable. worth the tenner anyway. and worth a try too since its free

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

i found it enjoyable. worth the tenner anyway. and worth a try too since its free

Burnout paradise :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

someone ban tyrant :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Anyone had ago?
    First match there have to get used to it, killed 3 guys only, noooob.
    Great looking but I had to lower the settings aswell, stupid 8800GTS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

isn't this directx 10 only? i think thats why i didn't buy it in the steam sale

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Zero G combat is a fun mechanic, its just seriously lacking in variety.

I don't think 4 levels is *Really* going to change that, but its a free DLC addon all the same. I would have much preferred to see a couple weapons in the mix, aside from the only dual-purpose rifle currently in the game, and 2 grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Anyone had ago?
    First match there have to get used to it, killed 3 guys only, noooob.
    Great looking but I had to lower the settings aswell, stupid 8800GTS.

NASA have to lower their settings for this , its made by Futuremark :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Mine keeps crashing with this:
    "Application Crash: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    shattered_horizon.exe build: 14"

Only 8.3 hours left free though, must cram in as much as possible!

Try playing it with the Moonraker soundtrack playing, now it's a James Bond game! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Not enough variety to keep me interested. They should of included at least a basic SP mode against bots.

But, my biggest gripe was the scaling of the levels. The space station one in particular is way off, you float over to the docked space shuttle and you are half the size of the entire shuttle.

The micro asteroids that kill you in seconds if you float too far away are also a pain.

As a space sim it's excellent though. As I preordered it I will get invites to try out new maps as soon as they go into beta. I'll fire it up each time a new map comes out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement