Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allen Carr Clinic

Options
  • 19-02-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Has anyone done this clinic?? what happens at it and would you recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Well worth it (although I'd give reading his easy-to-read book a try first as it's far cheaper)

My whole family (and some friends of family) all gave up using a single copy of Allen's book) I'm the only one that fell off the wagon (after 4 years). A re-read of his book after two years learning why smoking is indeed detestable had me free for another 4 years. Until smoking hash had me fall off the wagon again. Another 2 years or so until I'd re-learned that smoking is really detestable and I read the book again.

It didn't work

I went to the clinic

It worked

I won't smoke again - ever

I'm too scared to mess around again.

That was 2 years ago and I'm as happy a non-smoker now as I was all those other times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭sqlpod

Hi Dubgirl15.
    Once you read and understand what Allen Carr is explaining, you will laugh and wonder why you ever had doubts about quiting your addiction, he really does blow the nicotine trap wide open.
    A better way than reading the book or attending a clinic, is to download the cd version from the net ... Allen Carr's Easy Way... its around 4.5-5 hrs so pick a day when you will have no distractions, and have some of those evil nicotine drugs with you , you will understand why when you listen or read.
    So go on, give it a go, all the other methods make you feel as if you are giving something up, why give a heroin addict methadone its still morphine,why give a smoker a patch/gum/imitation ciggie, it still contains nicotine, it really is as simple as that.
    Do you wake up in the middle of the night dying for a puff...NO because nicotine is not that strong its the social/advertising brainwashing that makes you fear it Allen Carr simply and plainly explains it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

sqlpod, you listened to the audio CDs I take it then? Just curious as to why you think them better than the book or clinic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭sqlpod

Sasquatch76 hello.
    I had the book first but thought it too long a read for god knows how many hours, clinics too far to get there and although the price justifies itself it seemed too much of a risk.
    So I downloaded the audio version and it clicked immediately, too hear his voice for the first chapter and then it is taken over by Duncan well's.
    Now the trick he uses is a proven mind control program called Neuro Linquistic Programming.
    Google it and it will explain so much better than i ever can lol.
    It is a subtle method of challenging your prospective with simple suggestions, this helps you too understand the Nicotine trap and alter the way you view things, but i found that when the audio is playing through the old IPod i understood what he was saying in a completely different way, and its your own perceptions no one else's that convince you .
    Good luck if you want too get a copy, through official or rapidshare etc, and say hello to FREEDOM...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Okay sqlpod, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for taking the time to post back :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement