Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer Problems

• 19-02-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I recently upgraded to Windows7 as had problems with Vista (who hasn't?) Anyway I share a printer an officejet G85, but since I've changed I can't upload the printer software as it doesn't recognise the new Windows. So I have two questions,
    1) is there something I can do, like download a programme to make it work?

2) if I can't get it working is there a printer relatively cheap (say under eryday€150) that you would recommend? It's not something that I would use everyday. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sham, whats the make and model of the printer? And how are you connecting it (Usb/Wifi)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Hi Anti,
    it's a hp officejet g85 ( a printer, fax, scanner and copier all in one) and I connect using a usb lead. I have the software disc but it doesn't recognise Windows7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 spiderpig2k7

ShamFeen wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I recently upgraded to Windows7 as had problems with Vista (who hasn't?) Anyway I share a printer an officejet G85, but since I've changed I can't upload the printer software as it doesn't recognise the new Windows. So I have two questions,
    1) is there something I can do, like download a programme to make it work?

2) if I can't get it working is there a printer relatively cheap (say under eryday€150) that you would recommend? It's not something that I would use everyday. Thanks!

Hi Sham,

according to HP, that printer driver should already be in windows 7. did you plug the printer in and turn it on?

I can talk you through a few things if you want to PM me.

spiderpig2k7

edit: I just re-read that post and I should have re-phrased it: when you plug in and turn on the printer, windows 7 should recognise it and install automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Thanks spiderpig just got it sorted had to turn my windows updates to auto as I was missing a driver for the printer. Thanks again!!

Advertisement