Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPs in Tuam

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi im living in Tuam area for 3years now and shamefully havent changed GP from my home place yet. Just wondering if anyone has recommendation for GPs i have a 3mth old so would like someone who is good with kids. Also if the surgery had parking or parking nearby it would be uselful?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 clevercanines

I use Palace Medical, Dr Deigans Practice but mostly see Dr Sears( she's lovely.
    They Have Parking & there's a chemist right next door so very handy when going in & out with the baby. No second stop at the chemist it's a pain loading up baby, buggy & then having to get her out again.
    I have a 9mt old & have found them to be very good. TG no major problems healthwise.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iusetaluver

We are very lucky to have several good G.P practices in Tuam, my recommendation is either the Palace Fields Medical centre or The Grove Medical Centre, both have lady doctors who have children themselves and there practices are both very accessible with loads parking.
    You should maybe consider which one is closest to where you live!
    Best of luck with your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Dr. Jarlath Deignan in the Palace Medical Centre is the man. He is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 skylock

the palace medical centre is very handy with parking and a chemist,Dr Doyle is great as well as Dr Sayers.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shazfla

Thanks for the replys everyone will probably go with Palace Medical centre. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I use Palace Medical, Dr Deigans Practice but mostly see Dr Sears( she's lovely.
    They Have Parking & there's a chemist right next door so very handy when going in & out with the baby. No second stop at the chemist it's a pain loading up baby, buggy & then having to get her out again.
    I have a 9mt old & have found them to be very good. TG no major problems healthwise.
    Good luck

Although the secretary is very very contrary

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

amiable wrote: »
    Although the secretary is very very contrary

Never had a problem with any of those in reception. They all sound and very helpful. This a one stop health shop really.

dec25532 wrote: »
    Never had a problem with any of those in reception. They all sound and very helpful. This a one stop health shop really.

you are obviously a friend or a relation of one of them because i know of several people who have complained them and even dr deignan himself acknowledged this to me. He's at his wits end apparently..... Maybe u actually are one of them.
    One of them in particular always has a face like thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If the doctor is good is all that matters.
    Back on topic.

biko wrote: »
    If the doctor is good is all that matters.
    Back on topic.

Thats why we still use the doc but its sometimes hard to get an appointment.
    It was just something i put out there about my experience there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement