Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offensive Username

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm a long time member but certainly not a prude. I would like to bring your attention to this user :mad:. If I had kids, I would not like them subjected to seeing this username on a daily basis.

Yours
    Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You didn't mention which user, Andrew...:)

Ah, it's in your post but hidden. You've linked to a user called "RangeR". Am I missing something, I can't see how that's offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I find it offensive, to me his username is an offensive word

You're offended by the word ranger?

sceptre wrote: »
    You're offended by the word ranger?

Yes, does everyone have to be offended by something for it to be offensive?

Yes, does everyone have to be offended by something for it to be offensive?
    No, not necessarily. However, inherently ranger isn't an offensive word. You're going to have to live with it existing on the site as a username. I suggest putting the other user on your ignore list if it bothers you significantly. You can do that by clicking on their name where they make a post and selecting "add to my ignore list" from the dropdown menu.

• Advertisement

So given that RangeR posted his "offensive username" thread first (I realised only after being told by two people), can I assume this was a timewasting pisstake?:)

So given that RangeR posted his "offensive username" thread first (I realised only after being told by two people), can I assume this was a timewasting pisstake?:)

It wasn't a pisstake

It wasn't a pisstake
    Fair enough. In that case, out of idle curiosity, you're not up for explaining why "ranger" as a username is offensive to you?

Fair enough. In that case, out of idle curiosity, you're not up for explaining why "ranger" as a username is offensive to you?

Because i find the word Ranger offensive, there's isn't any real reason why. Just like there isn't any real reason why most people would find a "bad word" offensive

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That's logic I don't think anyone can argue with..

• Advertisement

Indeed.

Well, I suspect that anyone reading this thread so far knows in advance that there's no way in this universe I'm going to do anything about this complaint based on the supplied rationale. The ignore option is available to you Andrew, consider using it.

Advertisement