Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned Red Light Boat in front of the O2

Options
  • 19-02-2010 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

As a matter of curiosity does anyone know anything about the Red Light Boat on the Liffey, in front of the O2? I looks like it is abandoned, and has people squatting on it.

I did a search and came up with nothing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

There was some talk about this in the photography forum a while back. do a search and ya might come up with it. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I've often wondered about this too, drive by it every day, it's quite a charming looking vessel even though it's in such a bad state.. Didn't know there were squatters in it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ive been on it a few times and never seen anyone myself. reccomend having a nosey. its an interesting one. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was only on it the other day, then and many times previous. While it looks like a haunt for junkies and there area few signs of life it has always has a touch of the Marie Celeste about it. Never actually seen anybody on it. It's pretty good for a jaunt about on it, you can climb up into the light house too which is really worth it as the windows are covered red so you get a really different look about. Great smoking place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

BDA1813938A1454E91B22C106C9770F4-500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

From what I can remember it was used for an arts project, painted in illuminant paint and anchored off Dun Laoghaire. Since then it's been knocking around various moorings. The light ships were anchored off reefs and rocks where it was hard or difficult to build light houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

lightening wrote: »
    From what I can remember it was used for an arts project, painted in illuminant paint and anchored off Dun Laoghaire. Since then it's been knocking around various moorings. The light ships were anchored off reefs and rocks where it was hard or difficult to build light houses.

I remember that. It got huge publicity at the time on t.v and people were flocking to Dun Laoghaire to see it. The artist was Dorothy Cross from what I can remember!

Advertisement