Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Scott

Options
  • 19-02-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

30 years ago today, R.I.P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

Bon_Scott_Memorial_Kirriemuir.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

Vastly under-rated singer and show-man. He was fantastic, far better than Brian Johnson.

Would loved to have heard the Back In Black album with his vocals on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Classic Rock mag has a nice pullout tribute to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

The ultimate sleaze/songwriter nothing like those new gimps like nuitini and damien rice...

"I am hot
    And when I'm not
    I'm cold as ice"

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

After Bon died, the remaining members almost quit the band but Bon's mother convinced them to stay together in memory of her Bon.

Now here's the question - if the band had quit, would Bon be remembered with such affection today? In my opinion, no. So it was a good call by Mrs Scott. AC/DC became a much bigger band since his death, although not because of it. They were on the verge of becoming as big as they'd become, with Bon or with Brian.

Bon is a legend today. If I have to choose between Bon and Brian, Bon wins every time. Ironically, I only became a fan during the release Back in Black though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Bon was a legend. He could read out the phone book and make it sound sleazy.:D

Ride On.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

As well as a great front man AC/DC lost a great lyricist, there hasn't been a track written by the band since 1980 that could tell a story like one of Bon's.
    He admitted on the Let there be rock video that he couldn't write a note of music though...

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Bon's AC/DC's albums were the albums that got me into rock music.

God bless him.

Advertisement